• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshka

If you are interested in African affairs and the Chinese involvement with the continent, I highly recommend the following website, http://www.chinaafricaproject.com/ and their podcast called The China in Africa Podcast. The RSS feed is http://china.buzzsprout.com/4784.rss.

Been listening to this for 2 years. It very informative for anyone who is interested in China-Africa relations and vice versa. Again I highly recommend it. Also, I recommend to start from the first episode till the latest one. Its really good for the third time.

Thanks, I'll check it out a bit.

Very interesting topic that I know little to nothing about.

Booshka

I had an enlightening moment the first time I saw Vivica A Fox's booty in Independence Day. My 9 year old mind couldn't fully process it.

I had an enlightening moment the first time I saw Vivica A Fox's booty in Independence Day. My 9 year old mind couldn't fully process it.

I think mine for chicks was fuzzy Cinemax on basic cable.

My one for dudes was definitely Paul Dano in Little Miss Sunshine. I was like 12 or 13 at the time, mind you.

Slayven

It makes me uncomfortable, frankly. I understand getting excited for things that are upcoming, but sometimes the hype train feels like people are laying down in the advertising and rolling around in it.
Then people complain about marketing and pr bullshit
Tyga on the Breakfast Club talmbout in the white community it's okay to have 17 year old friends at 25 cause they don't look at it sexual like the black community does. Whet?

Dude is simple as hell.

Tyga on the Breakfast Club talmbout in the white community it's okay to have 17 year old friends at 25 cause they don't look at it sexual like the black community does. Whet?

Clearly Tyga has never seen the new when dudes have 17 year old white female "friends".

Crocodile

Controversial opinion:

The Lady In my Life is a MJ Top 3 song, and might just be his best, haven't decided yet.

I dunno if I would put it in my Top 10 of MJ songs (though I haven't really sat down to make a list or anything) but I do agree that the song is good and gets less discussion and praise than it deserves.

Jandro Uber Alles

I kept seeing this meme and its variations of the internet but I never knew where they came from. So it's a 50 Shades of Grey reference? Interesting.

RBK

Banned
Yeah i think there are videos with them together in it.

Another 50 cent thing, his production a lot of the times is fantastic. The beats too good.

He definitely has a good ear, Ski Mask Way and Position of Power remain some of my favorite tracks.

Ugh, this snow and sleet is really messing up a bitch's birthday. I was supposed to get my hair twisted this week, but I don't see that happening and the news says more this Saturday and I had plans to celebrate then. My gosh!

KumaJG

I will never understand that, it's one thing to be excited for something. But folks be ready to fight over shit they scene in pictures. And obsessing over games for literal years before they even drop. I am hyped for no man's land, but you won't see me Nexoning shit

Angelus, what does this say?

No Man's land? Batman comic?

I think Sony fans just want to be left alone and by happy. Majority of threads involving Sony just turn to shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, this snow and sleet is really messing up a bitch's birthday. I was supposed to get my hair twisted this week, but I don't see that happening and the news says more this Saturday and I had plans to celebrate then. My gosh!

Happy Birthday, even if you're not celebrating it yet. I hope it's a good birthday, because you only get one a year.

Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday, even if you're not celebrating it yet. I hope it's a good birthday, because you only get one a year.

Unless you're the Queen.

30 People Arrested in New York Over Welfare Fraud

The people involved:

6673776_G.jpg

Wonder how some politicians going to explain that?

Happy birthday regardless!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Happy B-day Blasian.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/npr-histor...9278/an-ancestor-of-youtube-selfies-and-vines
Quietly watching historical film of real people doing real things can stir something powerful in us about our collective past. It's like being in a time machine with a big picture window. The images-in-action trigger real and imagined memories.

The moving pictures eerily remind us of where we came from, what those before us looked like and acted like — and appeared to care about — and about how we are all, in the end, the same and yet very different.

These short films are amazing. Footage from the 1940s showing regular people just doing stuff. Really interesting to see how even though almost everything about the setting has changed (fashion, architecture, industry etc.) human behavior remains very similar (in the following video in particular I like how you can see a kid goofing for the camera).

http://library.duke.edu/digitalcollections/hleewaters_rl10075bcam0003010/

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Everything isn't all bad though. I woke up early this morning and was able to finish this chapter of my book.

Going to start up a new file of Advance Wars today and see if I can actually be the darn thing this time. It got way too hard my last playthrough.

The people involved:

6673776_G.jpg

"There's not enough data to make a clear assessment at this point in time, and while there's not- there are some possible suspects listed, it's evidently missing something. Is it possible that we could be seeing some people resorting to crime due to poor circumstances? Absolutely. Now, just look at the- the urban community, where crime is commonplace. The job market is presenting some clear and fair options, even though President Obama's legislature has- they've pulled some questionable punches in an attempt to restore the economy that we've never really seen with Republican presidents. The means are absolutely there, but statistics show that it's extremely unlikely we'll see a turnaround in some of these- the communities, even though the economics are in motion. But those accused of fraud should be given some time to explain themselves, because there's no- there's- the demographics just don't line up. It's entirely possible the lower-class community, in particular the African-American community, have- they've statistically got very high rates of criminal charges, so these potential perpetrators are working for a more, well- a devious agent. It's very likely these individuals were framed, it's- it's not like them."

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
He definitely has a good ear, Ski Mask Way and Position of Power remain some of my favorite tracks.

Ski Mask Way is probably my favorite 50 track. Disco D did that one. Would have liked to see what his style would have grown into, but he committed suicide.

Tyga just needs to shut up and play his role. The more he talks, the worse Kris is going to make him look during the eventual breakup.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
If you are interested in African affairs and the Chinese involvement with the continent, I highly recommend the following website, http://www.chinaafricaproject.com/ and their podcast called The China in Africa Podcast. The RSS feed is http://china.buzzsprout.com/4784.rss.

Been listening to this for 2 years. It very informative for anyone who is interested in China-Africa relations and vice versa. Again I highly recommend it. Also, I recommend to start from the first episode till the latest one. Its really good for the third time.
Thanks, I'll start listening to these tonight.

In other news:

oXOhgKS.gif

----------

"There's not enough data to make a clear assessment at this point in time, and while there's not- there are some possible suspects listed, it's evidently missing something. Is it possible that we could be seeing some people resorting to crime due to poor circumstances? Absolutely. Now, just look at the- the urban community, where crime is commonplace. The job market is presenting some clear and fair options, even though President Obama's legislature has- they've pulled some questionable punches in an attempt to restore the economy that we've never really seen with Republican presidents. The means are absolutely there, but statistics show that it's extremely unlikely we'll see a turnaround in some of these- the communities, even though the economics are in motion. But those accused of fraud should be given some time to explain themselves, because there's no- there's- the demographics just don't line up. It's entirely possible the lower-class community, in particular the African-American community, have- they've statistically got very high rates of criminal charges, so these potential perpetrators are working for a more, well- a devious agent. It's very likely these individuals were framed, it's- it's not like them."

...black

Shy

Furyous

The people involved:

6673776_G.jpg

I got your explanation right here:

The government has failed these people. Thanks to Obama's repressive policies these people were forced to commit welfare fraud to survive. This nanny state created a generation of babies that couldn't work for themselves and find a way to provide a lifestyle for their family.

Remember the differences between graduation speeches between 2006 and 2010: You (you know who I'm talking about) need to work harder versus the system has failed you. They won't respond to this because they can't respond.

---

oXOhgKS.gif

She's one of my types. I have thing for thick white women that like cats. You know they're secretly cray cray or really posessive or have some hidden flaw that's somehow hot. I wish a cat would come through the ice on some I'm home shit. That's why I don't like cats because they're too entitled. Motherfucker came through like this is my house. Let the temperature drop another 20 degrees and the pantry wind up empty.... I'm just saying that I do not condone such actions but some people do.

Happy Birthday Blasian even though it doesn't happen until Saturday. You need to do some crazy shit like drink a pint of Tequila and go bowling.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
man phone companies are so grimy. If I upgrade I can't keep my discount if I go with another 2 year commitment. They want me to pay for this phone by the month essentially making me pay for more in the long run.

DominoKid

man phone companies are so grimy. If I upgrade I can't keep my discount if I go with another 2 year commitment. They want me to pay for this phone by the month essentially making me pay for more in the long run.

You can always just pay full price up front. Or buy one off ebay and just pay the activation fee to put it on the plan.

I just paid full price on mine to keep unlimited data and minutes. I watch too much youtube to not have unlimited data.

KumaJG

I got your explanation right here:

The government has failed these people. Thanks to Obama's repressive policies these people were forced to commit welfare fraud to survive. This nanny state created a generation of babies that couldn't work for themselves and find a way to provide a lifestyle for their family.

Remember the differences between graduation speeches between 2006 and 2010: You (you know who I'm talking about) need to work harder versus the system has failed you. They won't respond to this because they can't respond.

---

oXOhgKS.gif

She's one of my types. I have thing for thick white women that like cats. You know they're secretly cray cray or really posessive or have some hidden flaw that's somehow hot. I wish a cat would come through the ice on some I'm home shit. That's why I don't like cats because they're too entitled. Motherfucker came through like this is my house. Let the temperature drop another 20 degrees and the pantry wind up empty.... I'm just saying that I do not condone such actions but some people do.

Happy Birthday Blasian even though it doesn't happen until Saturday. You need to do some crazy shit like drink a pint of Tequila and go bowling.

Thick white women that loveloves cats. That's very specific lol

Opiate

Then people complain about marketing and pr bullshit

It's a testament to how the human mind works, really. Nobody feels like they're influenced by advertising, when obviously tons of people are. Companies don't spend billions on advertising for no apparent reason.

Everyone seems to think advertising only works if you see an ad and go out and buy the product the next day, but the effects are far more subtle than that. The key observation here is that we're all okay being manipulated as long as we don't feel it happening.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You can always just pay full price up front. Or buy one off ebay and just pay the activation fee to put it on the plan.

I just paid full price on mine to keep unlimited data and minutes. I watch too much youtube to not have unlimited data.

I'm not paying that much for a phone man. I would move to sprint or tmobile but my sister is still attached to my plan and I don't want to fuck her over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom