• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

I don't care if it turns into the Goku-saves-the-world-with-some-last-minute-bullshit-power hour again. I will be watching it.
You forgot to add, co-staring Vegeta as the eternal jobber. :_:

But yeah, i'm cautiously optimistically for it.
Still got 70 posts.

I might just chill here for the last 20 or so.
That's a good plan, it's what i did.
I survived Black History Month 2015.

So hey guys this is some shit to come back too :\
Welcome back fam.

Umm...yeah. Some in the UK want to get involved to.

Vegan Revolution @VeganRevoIution · 4m 4 minutes ago
Cows are treated as livestock & sold & killed as "cattle" just as black people once were.
Sadly even descendants of slaves ignore parallels.

Vegan Revolution @VeganRevoIution · 10m 10 minutes ago
If you want to know if you'd've been racist during the slave trade era, then ask yourself if you support the ongoing animal holocaust today.

Vegan Revolution @VeganRevoIution · 23m 23 minutes ago
Getting really bored of people of colour using their race to act like some untouchable taboo while promoting the abuse & slavery of animals.

f_1920018584.jpg

Cows are treated as livestock & sold & killed as "cattle" just as black people once were.

If you want to know if you'd've been racist during the slave trade era, then ask yourself if you support the ongoing animal holocaust today.

Getting really bored of people of colour using their race to act like some untouchable taboo while promoting the abuse & slavery of animals.
Dunno what but I'm gonna eat some meat on my lunch break.

I saw this on FB in relation to the mother beating up her son yesterday and it was definitely worth it.

Mainstream [white] media and a host of respectable Negroes are circulating this video of an enraged Baltimore mom violently attacking/cursing her masked son for participating in the uprising. They're literally headlining her as "Mom of the Year." Oh, word?

So... the message to the kid is 'violence is wrong when committed against public property, but not when committed against his body or those of Black people,' even in public. Is it not, at the very least, hypocritical to profusely praise this mom for beating her son in the streets because he was a part of a "riot" that began with the death of a young Black man being beaten in the streets? confused emoticon

Is this how low the bar has been set for Black parenting? Instead of approaching her son, understanding his rage, communicating to him her fear for his safety, and taking him aside to conspire a more productive and safer means of voicing his frustrations, just drag him by the neck, curse him out, pummel and humiliate him?

Surely, you see the mindf*ckery afoot? 'They' promote violence as a means of proper parenting, our kids learn to be violent or acquiesce to violent authority, and either end up docile, dead or a ward of the state--i.e. a legal slave, according to the 13th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which states, “Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, EXCEPT as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.”

If this is what 'they' praise as great parenting--priming our kids to be state slaves--why don't we ever see any White parents beating the dog sh*t out of their kids at their own rallies or 'revelries' (riots)?

It would be too easy to judge this incident on the surface as 'bad' parenting, but beneath the surface, this is 'sad' parenting. I can only imagine the panic and fear beneath this mother's rage being exploited by other to deflect from the true impetus of the "riots." I totally disagree with her actions, but this is about more than her actions. This is about the utilization of her actions as propaganda by the very elements of society who created the conditions that led to her believing what she did was the best course of action.

She was not fighting her son to be "Mom of the Year", she was fighting to NOT be Freddie Gray's mom on that day. For that moment of desperation and raw emotions to be propagated as a responsible reaction to that her son's act of desperation and raw emotions is evidence that 'they' have a vested interest in the vicious cycle continuing. #dontBSyourself

IrishNinja

I survived Black History Month 2015.

you been missed, by the way

double-down on your worst moves brehs

Merc_

Welcome back, Angelus.

Gonna have some chicken in their honor tonight.

I'm glad to have this thread to turn to when the other three In the OT are just back and forth arguments. I think only the people in here truly understand the full story

The real neogaf starts here.

Congrats on becoming a full member Script.

Script Kiddies LLC

You made it through the gauntlet.

Thanks brethren. I felt myself on the verge of a ban.

welcome to the Dark Souls of message forums.

Word. I was wondering why I aint never seen dude who is supposedly black with 2 kids never post in here ever, but somehow believes having a STEM education will keep the police boot out his ass. That's a redditor argument if I ever seen one.

BlackJace

People seem upset that the mayor of Baltimore called some of the protesters thugs. But I can't help but agree after hearing they burned down a senior center, and cut holes in the firefighters hoses who tried to put out the fires. This isn't justice, this isn't some heroic crusade. Go home

My dumbass went on facebook for some reason during all of this fuckery today.

Unfriending this doofus.

ReiGun

They've pretty much confirmed neither the senior center nor the CVS burning were caused by rioters.

Of course, that doesn't matter because there's no way people are going to let facts get in the way of their narratives.

So what's the ruling around here about posting a photo of per se, a dude lying knocked out after calling some dudes in Baltimore the N-word?

If it's not allowed, cool.

esms

Thanks guys. But I wasn't talking about leaving GAF over typical diet racist shit, but some other shit going on in my life.

I know. I've seen the posts. My "please don't" was referencing that.

Please, please let me know if there's anything I can do man.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The "lol sorry you're mad" non-apology from the anchor is just insane.
So what's the ruling around here about posting a photo of per se, a dude lying knocked out after calling some dudes in Baltimore the N-word?

If it's not allowed, cool.
Don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom