• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

So, uh, some dude just caught a solid whiff of me at the gym. He had used a locker next to mine so when I came back after my workout to go get my shower stuff, he was getting dressed back up to go outside - it's freezing as hell rn. But as I was getting stuff out, he leaned over to grab one of his bags and just took it in. Dude was using the back of his nostrils for that shit. Dunno if it was intentional or not, but, uh... yeah.

stock-photo-two-different-horses-sniffing-each-other-outdoor-in-snow-field-in-wintertime-225758473.jpg

besada

Banned
What's weird is that both schools are both predominantly white and wealthy. Flower Mound is a suburban wasteland of upper-middle class folks mixed with old farmers being driven out by the aforementioned upper-middle class, and Plano is upper-middle class folks slowly being driven out by rich folks. FM is 80% white(3% black) while Plano is 66% white(7% black). Plano is rated one of the best cities to live in nationally due to its wealth, job market, and the fact that they have the best damned Mexican food place in the metroplex (El Norte!)

You usually see this sort of thing involving the rich white folks shitting on the poor black folks, instead of the other way around. Plenty of racists around, both young and old, though.

Slayven

What's weird is that both schools are both predominantly white and wealthy. Flower Mound is a suburban wasteland of upper-middle class folks mixed with old farmers being driven out by the aforementioned upper-middle class, and Plano is upper-middle class folks slowly being driven out by rich folks. FM is 80% white(3% black) while Plano is 66% white(7% black). Plano is rated one of the best cities to live in nationally due to its wealth, job market, and the fact that they have the best damned Mexican food place in the metroplex (El Norte!)

You usually see this sort of thing involving the rich white folks shitting on the poor black folks, instead of the other way around. Plenty of racists around, both young and old, though.

I always imagine Texas having clusters of population on the edges of the state and a vast fallout like wasteland in the middle.

besada

Banned
I always imagine Texas having clusters of population on the edges of the state and a vast fallout like wasteland in the middle.
Almost the opposite. The I-35 corridor running through the middle of the state has DFW, Austin, and San Antonio. Then you have Houston on one edge and El Paso on another. Everything else is pretty much farms, desert, oil rigs, or terrifying hillbillies. West Texas really does look like Fallout.
GpAWQG8.jpg

Kreed

We have to wait for all of the facts, breh.

[TYGA]"In black culture, it’s different. If you throw up white power signs, you're racist. But like, white people, white culture, it’s different. White power signs are signs of friendship. They're just saying, “Yo, you people are my friends.” It’s genuine. It’s different. And how we think is a little different with our mentality."[/TYGA]

These snowy North Alabama roads tried to play ya boy and swerve me in a ditch. Ain't gonna catch me slipping, the car and I are intact!

I gotta get out and do more, my life flash was uneventful

Jacir

Yo! the arsonist in Chicago Fire ep313 & Chicago PD ep213, two-part special episodes, is a crazy motherfucker. Good acting by him too. I think he has a new show on AMC. Not sure tho.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Better than being caught in the crossfire of company downsizing

XIRSlAN.png

Been there and done that two times. That is the most unfair and cruel practice at the job. HR telling each group that they need to fire x amount of people. Alot of good people get let go, some bad people stay on board due to personal relationships as well. But a few times my blackness helped because they didn't want it to look racial.

:lol

Nicki's facial expressions kill me.

If she ever put the music on hold, she could easily move into comedic acting.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I can see that Nicki gif getting some mileage.
If she ever put the music on hold, she could easily move into comedic acting.
She decent in The Other Woman (which was otherwise a bland and incomprehensible movie) but she didn't have much to do as the secretary to one of the main characters. Would like to see how she does with a more expansive role.

Malyse

So THIS is where this dude got this quote. Holy shit..that thread. Beseda, do a better job at moderating Texas!

My word..lol.
Cagey is a new fan it seems. I guess we can't talk about microaggressions around here.
:lol

Nicki's facial expressions kill me.

Thinking I'm gonna do cybernetics and psionics only my next playthrough of XCOM. Doesn't feel right doing genetic modifications on humans.
Nicki is so fucking beautiful.

AfroMW

Been there and done that two times. That is the most unfair and cruel practice at the job. HR telling each group that they need to fire x amount of people. Alot of good people get let go, some bad people stay on board due to personal relationships as well. But a few times my blackness helped because they didn't want it to look racial.

Third time in a row for me

Consulting companies are horrendous sometimes but usually generally have the most interesting work

esms

Well just received my ACT scores.
http://i.imgur.com/iChDiPI.png?1
Could bolster up reading and mathematics, but not bad for a first try.[/QUOTE]

I got a 12 the only time I took it and still got into a good school. You're on your way to greatness, brotha.

Africanus

Damn, you beat me by 1 point.

I only took it once and I don't know how much the test has changed since I took it.

Hmm I wouldn't say by much but who knows.
I'm sure my score could have been higher were it not for this obnoxious girl beside me who proceeded to fall asleep after doing 10 questions on each test and snore loudly!
I got a 12 the only time I took it and still got into a good school. You're on your way to greatness, brotha.
Haha thanks!
You're trying to go to MIT, right?
Yeah, which is why I'm not as excited as I could be. Need to get the highest grade possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom