• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Nice scores Africanus. Especially for a first try, that's like what most people aim for as their endgame. Most I ever got was 30 for the same reason as Sub, and that was after taking it 3 times.

Africanus

iirc my overall was a 31, it was math that brought it down.

So does BCT have the highest ACT scores in Community?
Excellent!
I don't want to be stereotypical, but perhaps we should consult our fellow Asian community given statistics. It could be!
Nice scores Africanus. Especially for a first try, that's like what most people aim for as their endgame. Most I ever got was 30 for the same reason as Sub, and that was after taking it 3 times.
Thanks! I'm not the best at math, and I failed my prep class pretest (39/60) but I suppose my independent study helped.

Jacir

Y'all making me want to go back to school. I'm sure solving mathematical equations is the only time I feel like I'm on top of the world.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Okay now tbe conversation has moved from "you're jobless, still have money, and I support you" to "I feel comfortable because I occasionally have to go Dutch. Also, you don't take me out enough. You ain't shit"

I swear man fuck this shit.

Even if I was rich I would absolutely not pay for everything all the time. You want a long lasting relationship which means an attempt at equality so act like it or at least try to fucking compromise and meet in the middle.

Trey

I first saw that "White Power" image on facebook. I originally suspected it was a poorly timed shot given the preceding "down" sign, and that the complete message is "down ____ white power," but either way it's a stupid sign from goofy kids who don't matter so I didn't think much more on it.

jmood88

Shy

Well just received my ACT scores.
iChDiPI.png

Could bolster up reading and mathematics, but not bad for a first try.
congratulations Africanus, that's some fine work. go all the way to the top fam.
Damn MUST WATCH...shout out to my #sowellspoken negroes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_emfcodCUY
yeah. it's a really good video. i posted it in the black history month thread.

Malyse

They messing with my girl Jessica Williams yo:

http://www.vox.com/2015/2/18/8057391/daily-show-jessica-williams

Let the woman make her own damn decisions, white woman.

Jessica Williams has been the worst Daily Show correspondent since Wyatt Cenac left. It sucks that both of the main black correspondents (Larry Wilmore doesn't count) have kept Jason Jones from the Worst Person on the Daily Show award that he so greatly deserves.
round-one-fight.png

akira28

who the fuck would he parody? Its like...you really needed to grow up listening to G Gordon Liddy, Rush Limbaugh and Bill Oreilly to really get Colbert's schtick. Otherwise you were just laughing at someone being a vaguely bilious, smarmy, and incredibly non-self-aware conservative.

Just having anyone who sits in the seat try to do the same thing is not how any of it works.

Merc_

They messing with my girl Jessica Williams yo:

http://www.vox.com/2015/2/18/8057391/daily-show-jessica-williams

Let the woman make her own damn decisions, white woman.

This is a pretty good example of the kind of shit I was talking about in the "Are you a feminist?" thread. Lots of white women seem to think that they know what's best for WoC and try and make decisions for them. This shit runs rampant in the movement itself and is why I want nothing to do with it.

She definitely doesn't need that headache. If the GAF threads about Larry Wilmore and their disappointment he isn't doing a Colbert personality are any indication, she wouldn't last a season.

Larry has had some growing pains, but he's doing well with his panel format. And the audience has his back, if all the cries of "Larry!" are any indication.

Jessica Williams just might be looking at her other options right now. It could be an excellent time to jump to another show, or a movie.

jmood88

This is a pretty good example of the kind of shit I was talking about in the "Are you a feminist?" thread. Lots of white women seem to think that they know what's best for WoC and try and make decisions for them. This shit runs rampant in the movement itself and is why I want nothing to do with it.
White women doing shitty things doesn't make feminism a bad thing. There are a bunch of black/Asian/Latino feminists who call white feminists out on their bullshit.

Merc_

White women doing shitty things doesn't make feminism a bad thing. There are a bunch of black/Asian/Latino feminists who call white feminists out on their bullshit.

I wasn't saying that feminism is a bad thing. I'm saying that I want nothing to do with the mainstream movement of it because of how often this stuff happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom