• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am about to be the angry black man in the office right about now. Long story short, I have been working here for a year after being laid off for 6 months. They hired me to do a job that hasn't really been needed yet. I was to run a portal, but the problem is that the portal won't be up for awhile, probably not until 2016. So I have mostly been doing whatever odds and ends they have had for me. I have done some SharePoint Work, some corporate communication writing, web work, etc. Well, yesterday they asked me to do some remedial filing crap. I wasn't happy with this at all. But hey they are paying me, so so be it. Well, today my boss tells me that I need to set a daily schedule and stick to it as far as coming and going. Now this is the same person who comes in at 10, and leaves at 3 and in the middle of the day takes a 2 hour lunch. They are pretty lax about everyone's comings and goings in general, so I started seeing the writing on the wall.

They are trying to get me to quit. Trying to piss me off enough that I just put in my two weeks and GTFO. I get it, I am not needed, they hired me when they didn't need me and won't be needing me anytime soon. I have been looking for something else because as cool getting paid to do nothing sounds, it gets old real quick. I am so ready to quit, but the memories of barely making it financially when I wasn't working are pretty fresh in my mind. I will stick it out until I find something else and jump through whatever hoops they tell me to, but this is some bullshit.

Whatever meaning my tag held has disappeared now that the video it linked to has been removed...

Not that I knew what it meant in the first place...

Numb

I am about to be the angry black man in the office right about now. Long story short, I have been working here for a year after being laid off for 6 months. They hired me to do a job that hasn't really been needed yet. I was to run a portal, but the problem is that the portal won't be up for awhile, probably not until 2016. So I have mostly been doing whatever odds and ends they have had for me. I have done some SharePoint Work, some corporate communication writing, web work, etc. Well, yesterday they asked me to do some remedial filing crap. I wasn't happy with this at all. But hey they are paying me, so so be it. Well, today my boss tells me that I need to set a daily schedule and stick to it as far as coming and going. Now this is the same person who comes in at 10, and leaves at 3 and in the middle of the day takes a 2 hour lunch. They are pretty lax about everyone's comings and goings in general, so I started seeing the writing on the wall.

They are trying to get me to quit. Trying to piss me off enough that I just put in my two weeks and GTFO. I get it, I am not needed, they hired me when they didn't need me and won't be needing me anytime soon. I have been looking for something else because as cool getting paid to do nothing sounds, it gets old real quick. I am so ready to quit, but the memories of barely making it financially when I wasn't working are pretty fresh in my mind. I will stick it out until I find something else and jump through whatever hoops they tell me to, but this is some bullshit.

Seems like you are in a weird situation. You stuck around for a year when you had nothing much to do so sticking around for another six months seems not hard especially when you are looking for other stuff on the side. Waiting it out and not falling for the bullshit was the smart choice.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Seems like you are in a weird situation. You stuck around for a year when you had nothing much to do so sticking around for another six months seems not hard especially when you are looking for other stuff on the side. Waiting it out and not falling for the bullshit was the smart choice.

I'll stay until I find something, not trying to have zero income coming in. I have a feeling they are going to try to make my life as miserable as possible while I am here though. Trust me, I am thankful they hired me in the first place. I was about on the verge rough financial times if they didn't hire me when they did. But my entire time here has been a disaster. Better than no job though.

The Adder

Banned
On a bus, dude sitting here talking to himself is writing flow of concious poetry about junk food.

On Top Pot's rasberry donuts:
"So delicious I want to cry. But I won't cry. Because I cried yesterday. Protesting."

akira28

man when you said Portal and Sharepoint I got them cold sweats. they stuck me in the nigger seat, my dude was trying to warn me, but I was too much in my head, being the shit, vital employee, etc. get the fuck out before they give you an assistant to "train". And if you can make it as uncomfortable as possible when you leave, it is your duty. Make them hear you, make sure they never forget you.

Never quit, unless you have the next thing written in stone. If they want you out then they will fire you and you can get some unemployment but beyond that just throw on your headphones and keep it chill.

Numb

I'll never get a tag and I like it that way

I love that i dont have one too.

Had to changed my name from Numbatisa soley for the reason of not having junior in my name.
Numbatisa
Becoming a member made the lower part shorter which got to me. so i changed it to
Numb
which looks nice

Unfortunately now i get Linkin park jokes from people.

Village

Do you work for konami?

( seriously though, try not to quit till you got something worked out )

EloquentM

aka Mannny
mention Muslims or gypsys

what happened?

The most blatant example I saw of this was in a devil may cry 4 thread not too long ago.

Man what did he do now?

crying from laughter right now, omg

ahahaha! Dude has some rotten luck. Great video by Sunhi as always.

Man, I seriously don't browse off topic enough. lmao
everything blame does is a culmination of his avatar and it is magnificent.

RedSwirl

I'll stay until I find something, not trying to have zero income coming in. I have a feeling they are going to try to make my life as miserable as possible while I am here though. Trust me, I am thankful they hired me in the first place. I was about on the verge rough financial times if they didn't hire me when they did. But my entire time here has been a disaster. Better than no job though.

As I'm discovering now: it's easier to get a job when you got a job.

One of the most bullshit parts about this job market. Really I'm doing freelancing right now as a way to make up for the employment gap on my resume.

Rememebr when Isiah Washington was talking that NuBlack bullshit to Chris Rock?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/24/isaiah-washington-racial-profiling_n_7139576.html

He got that wakeup call.

know what... in this interview, i see where he's coming from. i don't agree, but i understand.

he's trying to say only fight when you know you will win and avoid any possible losing confrontations... but that's terrible, you need to fight when you know you're right, even if you know you'll lose.

Trey

Trey
(Today, 03:59 PM)

I lead a simple life.

I love that i dont have one too.

Had to changed my name from Numbatisa soley for the reason of not having junior in my name.
Numbatisa
Becoming a member made the lower part shorter which got to me. so i changed it to
Numb
which looks nice

Unfortunately now i get Linkin park jokes from people.

I would think you'd get erectile dysfunction jokes if you're complaining about it. Linkin park is tame stuff.

Numb

I would think you'd get erectile dysfunction jokes if you're complaining about it. Linkin park is tame stuff.
You are the first to mention that.I never even thought of that. Thx.
It is pretty tame compared to the messages i get from PSN. I would just prefer to never get them in the first place.

Numb

Like what kind of messages?

''Fucking scrub go kill yourself''
''Go kill yourself fuckin wasteman scum''
''I hope you burn you fucking piece of shit''
And my fav
''Don't worry something bad will happen to you.''

I usually never get hatemail so this surprised me.
All these are from the same guy i fought a couple of times in a row in Tag 2 online.
I won every match but it wasn't a beat down so the hatemail is not even needed. Just a troll i guess. Can't believe he would even spend the energy to send one after each match.

cdyhybrid

And my fav

All these are from the same guy i fought a couple of times in a row in Tag 2 online.
I won every match but it wasn't a beat down so the hatemail is not even needed. Just a troll i guess. Can't believe he would even spend the energy to send one after each match.

You won every match. That's more than enough. Dude was probably salty as fuck if they were close matches.

Numb

You won every match. That's more than enough. Dude was probably salty as fuck if they were close matches.

Wanted to fight him more thinking he wasn't playing his main team so i asked for a rematch thinking he was salty and wanted one but all i got was another stupid hatemail. Had to block him after that since he was just a troll and nothing more.

And my fav

I LOVE these types of messages! I always pin them so I can read them on occasion. Street Fighter, MKII, and Battlefield..lol. Babies..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom