• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

Man, I remember when I first started playing SF4 in 2012. I would get hate mail for being a newbie at the game and losing. For losing!

Numb

Man, I remember when I first started playing SF4 in 2012. I would get hate mail for being a newbie at the game and losing. For losing!

I even got hatemail in spanish which i don't even understand. Asked the dude to speak english and got more spanish ones in caps this time. Completely ignoring them seems to be the best solution i found. Only time i got ones for losing were from team members in cod blops1 which is the last time i played cod.

I never really got any hatemail in games, but I took that to mean I'm terrible at them. I got a handful for griefing in Halo 3, but Brazilians in Netbattle back in the day were usually a great source of hate. Especially when I ran dumbass sets like Gen IV-era Endure / Focus Sash / Counter Pichu and started one-shotting Metagross and whatnot. So much Portuguese vinegar.

Satch

Banned
TriHard.png

Merc_

I enjoy hatemail. I like knowing that I've done well enough in a game that someone took time out of their day to type out how much I need to die.

It's about making memories guys.

akira28

since they got rid of Games for Windows Live, I can't get hatemail anymore. I guess if I was playing steam fighting games it would be a thing maybe.

I'll just settle for gaf hatemail.

Rembrandt

Banned
lmao, i'm watching catfish and this girl got matching tattoos with a nigga that wouldn't even explain why he couldn't video chat/call her for 6 years. the second day of them actually meeting/hanging out he got her to get a tattoo; i'm convinced he smashed off camera.

edit: and her boyfriend back home married her two months later? life, man.

G-Fex

I was wrong, New wolfenstein is fucking awesome, oh man PS4 and it's like the coolest next gen shooter I've played and shit and fucking dual giant weapons and nazis and goosewaffles holy fuck i'm overloaded on awesome.

Numb

I was wrong, New wolfenstein is fucking awesome, oh man PS4 and it's like the coolest next gen shooter I've played and shit and fucking dual giant weapons and nazis and goosewaffles holy fuck i'm overloaded on awesome.

New order made my top 5 last year out of the blue. I can't even remember the last time i had that much fun with a fps.

When it comes to hatemail via gaming, my go to response is, "HAHAHAHA, fuck yo' feelings!"

Simple, and normally effective.

And Wolfenstein is WAY cooler than I thought it'd be.

Also, I finally set up my Desktop for PC gaming. Nothing too serious, but I can get max settings on MKX at least.

Have there been any good recent PC games lately?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
The African thread got me low key thinking. Which deity did we piss off to constantly draw the short straw threw out history ? shits depressing.

Numb

When it comes to hatemail via gaming, my go to response is, "HAHAHAHA, fuck yo' feelings!"

Simple, and normally effective.

And Wolfenstein is WAY cooler than I thought it'd be.

That seems like they would start spamming hatemails after.
I can't deal with that.Responding in any way seems less effective than keeping silent. They know they have your attention if you respond.

The African thread got me low key thinking. Which deity did we piss off to constantly draw the short straw threw out history ? shits depressing.
Guess how i feel when my country is more corrupt and has worse living standards than NORTH KOREA!
I knew we were gonna get ranked last tho.

CPI2014-map-and-country-results.jpg

andthebeatgoeson

Isn't tidal based in Sweden though
It's mostly the complete hypocrisy of Jay z. The landscape is changing and hip hop has trouble keeping up. What used to be an outlet for change is now a broken commodity. After spending years preaching to us about Marcy, son, he no longer represents anything about the streets or culture. Not that a representation of the streets gives him any respect but it was his calling card. I'm glad he made it. I'm glad he gives to causes. And I'm glad he feels humble to not make a public spectacle.

And I'm still disappointed in him. Tremendously.

Jacir

Looking at the chart above, how THE FUCK is Saudi Arabia is higher than my country, Sao Time & Principe. We have had democracy for about 25 years. The corruption in my country compared to the shithole SA and the scores they received is an insult to me, my country, and probably other African states. Fuck that chart.

Numb

Looking at the chart above, how THE FUCK is Saudi Arabia is higher than my country, Sao Time & Principe. We have had democracy for about 25 years. The corruption in my country compared to the shithole SA and the scores they received is an insult to me, my country, and probably other African states. Fuck that chart.

It is not only about the corruption but also the living standard. I don't hear many poor people stories out of SA.

RedSwirl

I don't know man. I remember reading over a historian forum about this.

Lack of particular natural resources?
Lack of expansionism?
Ancient Egypt running out of gold a few thousand years ago?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Giant Bomb hired a black editor today, fyi. Dude is working on his Ph.D and seems to be an excellent addition to the cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom