• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Reynaldo Rey, aka Red

Reynaldo-Rey.jpeg

Damn, I was just wondering if he was working on something the other day.

R.I.P.

Man, I remember when I first started playing SF4 in 2012. I would get hate mail for being a newbie at the game and losing. For losing!
MKL. In gonna assume he's a member, or was one. That cat would insist on schooling me on how "jumping is for n00bz" which drive me to the brink. Then, one day, my friendly magic Caucasian told me "Bitch..you suck..accept it." I never lost a game again.

I would take 2nd/3rd round from my girl, just to make sure he wouldn't win. Saddest part? I had to merc Jax..every fucking time. Motherfucker..constantly talking about his accolades..telling a squad of us how we were playing "wrong" and how we were amateurs. Fuck dat hoe..

ReiGun

Social anxiety + an easily bruised ego is a shitty combination.

On topic: Lowkey, the best part of the vid was how happy the crowd was for them.

royalan

I'm just DYING over the image of all these #Baddies twerking in front of him, and he's laying there in his boxers like a kid watching saturday morning cartoons. lol

Slayven

jmood88

I'm pretty sure that everyone in this thread are just stealing scenes from sitcoms. I refuse to believe that people in real life would stop dating someone over liking a movie or eating peas one at a time.

I might be crazy, and i am pulling it from my ass. But when this guy quits boxing he is going to be broke. Not like 5 years down the road, but like 6 weeks later.

That's why he created Mayweather Promotions. So he can continue to live off it like Oscar does with Goldenboy. But Mayweather's lifestyle is considerably more expensive than Oscars and his fighters don't have the marketability that he does, so it's hard to see how that will work.

dude worth like 400 million. he'll never be broke.

He spends money like folks breathe air and he doesn't just gamble.. dude makes obscenely large bets. He already damn near went broke the first time he retired, which is why he came back and structured his business so he's making a percentage of pretty much every dollar people spend on his fights. He'll still be getting those percentages off his promotions but the overall pool of profits will be smaller since none of his fighters will ever match his popularity/buys.

Trey

That's why he created Mayweather Promotions. So he can continue to live off it like Oscar does with Goldenboy. But Mayweather's lifestyle is considerably more expensive than Oscars and his fighters don't have the marketability that he does, so it's hard to see how that will work.

He spends money like folks breathe air and he doesn't just gamble.. dude makes obscenely large bets. He already damn near went broke the first time he retired, which is why he came back and structured his business so he's making a percentage of pretty much every dollar people spend on his fights. He'll still be getting those percentages off his promotions but the overall pool of profits will be smaller since none of his fighters will ever match his popularity/buys.

I remember in the promo leading up to the fight, Stephen A Smith basically did an MTV cribs segment on his home and lifestyle. Got to his garage and the dude has 15-20 million worth of luxury cars. Only thing he had to say was that he doesn't even drive them - they just sit there.

Must be nice to have shit just to have it.

I remember in the promo leading up to the fight, Stephen A Smith basically did an MTV cribs segment on his home and lifestyle. Got to his garage and the dude has 15-20 million worth of luxury cars. Only thing he had to say was that he doesn't even drive them - they just sit there.

Must be nice to have shit just to have it.

There have been a bunch of mini-docs on his life leading up to his fights. He's gotta be the highest paid Athlete in the world per performance but he also spends an ungodly amount of money. According to SBnation, dude spends $4k per day for his personal chef and he still goes out to eat, party, whatever else all the time, paying the bill for himself and his entire entourage.

I mean, dude makes the money to support it so good on him for that. I just don't know how he keeps that up once he retires.

cdyhybrid

This is a real movie?

#America

:lol it's called "Aloha" (I think you know that though?)

But yeah, director says it's a love letter to Hawaii.

This is from the census website:
Nq5xgpn.png

First column is Hawaii, second column is the US overall.

The most prominent Islander/Asian actor in the movie doesn't even get his name on the poster, :lol

Yup, mentioned it in the Asian-GAF thread.

cza5yel.jpg

(stolen from backslashbunny)

I love Emma but she's supposed to be 1/4 Hawaiian and 1/4 Chinese? Nah breh.

I was laughing at this earlier until my friend that is white as fuck said "You realize my dad is Hawaiian and Japanese and my mother is white right? There's a bunch of us mixed people on the islands."

cdyhybrid

I was laughing at this earlier until my friend that is white as fuck said "You realize my dad is Hawaiian and Japanese and my mother is white right? There's a bunch of us mixed people on the islands."

Yeah, a lot of us can pass for white (comes in handy), but still. They couldn't get even a partly-Asian actor's name on the poster? :p

What's Olivia Munn doing? Or Chloe Bennett? Maybe throw Keanu a nice check.

playing RE6 for the first time from that recent PSN sale for $10. Starting playing as Ada first, shits not bad so far, then again i heard the other characters levels are supposed to be a mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom