• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

Like M.O.D.O.K posted that, like he posted that after doing that on A.I.M personnel.

hahah bet you didn't know SRI and others like it is essentially where AIM came from....

Zach Lowe is the truth. Written word and podcast. I'd fight for that man.

In other news...the graphic novel KS is up. Wish me luck, fam.

I need to shadow this enterprise Bish. Kickstarting some graphic novel publishing projects.

feel free to drop some jewels from the crown here and there for those who want to follow those footsteps.

cdyhybrid

After last years NBA Finals, I decided to take a break from sports in general, as I thought reading up on this stuff everyday was starting to make me feel "stupid". I missed pretty much all of the NFL, NBA, and NHL seasons, and only listened to the His and Hers podcast. I just started listening to First Take again, and wow I feel like there is no growth there. It sounds exactly the same, with the exact same rhetoric and faux outrage spewed by SAS and Bayless.

What a croc.

Yeah, your problem is watching ESPN programming for anything more than fuckery. Bomani Jones is alright though, especially with the more pop-culture sort of topics.

There's a lot of good stuff regarding advanced statistics etc. popping up around the net for various sports. I find almost all my football reading on Twitter.

I just feel that if you want to know about me then talk to me, I'm far too complex in thought and deed to be broken up into 140 character chunks. Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat are like Cliff Note's for whomever you're interested in.

I just feel that if you want to know about me then talk to me, I'm far too complex in thought and deed to be broken up into 140 character chunks. Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat are like Cliff Note's for whomever you're interested in.

Tbh there's a lot of subtext in what people post on Social Media that can tell you a lot about them. There's a reason why you post what you post even if you don't think so. That's why i typically ask for someone's social media because I can find out more about them than when we're both trying to impress each other by being fake.

Tbh there's a lot of subtext in what people post on Social Media that can tell you a lot about them. There's a reason why you post what you post even if you don't think so. That's why i typically ask for someone's social media because I can find out more about them than when we're both trying to impress each other by being fake.

yeah but you won't understand that data unless you know me and Social media is way way more about posturing than anything else.

3622019-5119231104-31254.jpg

I had to hit someone with this earlier today. Feeling manly as fuck....

Africanus

This is true.

It's through twitter that I learned certain people amongst my peers are actually more aware of the world around them than I had once anticipated.

It is also in the same venue that I learned that others of my peers are a tad less aware to the point of being offensive.

For example: Today with the Caitlyn news still ongoing I observed my twitter.

One person stated that they should accept her for however she calls herself. A tad surprising given that the person is very religious (and odd on other subjects).

Another retweeted a message stating that they can't believe they would allow a transgender woman to win over a wounded army veteran and how unjust it is. Multiple times in various forms.

During hot debate days (Such as the Baltimore riots, State of the Union, Ferguson et cetera), my twitter feed can switch rapidly from the black activist standpoint to the white moderate, to the borderline racist. It's neat!

yeah but you won't understand that data unless you know me and Social media is way way more about posturing than anything else.

Subtext is supposed to be generally understandable without actually knowing the person. Like someone can take my posts and probably see that I'm probably full of myself lol.

Slayven

This is true.

It's through twitter that I learned certain people amongst my peers are actually more aware of the world around them than I had once anticipated.

It is also in the same venue that I learned that others of my peers are a tad less aware to the point of being offensive.

For example: Today with the Caitlyn news still ongoing I observed my twitter.

One person stated that they should accept her for however she calls herself. A tad surprising given that the person is very religious (and odd on other subjects).

Another retweeted a message stating that they can't believe they would allow a transgender woman to win over a wounded army veteran and how unjust it is. Multiple times in various forms.

During hot debate days (Such as the Baltimore riots, State of the Union, Ferguson et cetera), my twitter feed can switch rapidly from the black activist standpoint to the white moderate, to the borderline racist. It's neat!

I hate when you see someone that you thought was cool go so far off the reservation it makes you rethink every interaction you ever had with the person

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You're a self entitled prick because you don't like a single screenshot of the newest installment of my favorite series.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It's meh. If you don't have a local donut place it could be good, but like with most food, mom and pop joints are 1000% greater quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom