• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
NeoGAF was right for once.
People actually do clap on the arrival of a aeroplane.
As I touched down in Cancun, most of the white people started applauding.
I looked around dazed and confused, thinking that someone had just done something heroic when I realized the truth.

At that moment a random Mexican man locked eyes with me and mouthed "Gringos" and we had a hearty chuckle.
I have never been on a plane where that has happened. I'd be quick to throw a
vzkq30L.png
at anyone doing it on a plane I was on.

I looked around dazed and confused, thinking that someone had just done something heroic when I realized the truth.

At that moment a random Mexican man locked eyes with me and mouthed "Gringos" and we had a hearty chuckle.

lol, I had a moment like this at work the other day. I was just doing work stuff as usual and we had a guy from Coca-Cola stocking product, and this isn't my usual store - it's a separate, larger one that's mostly cranky old folk - so speak of the devil, this bigger old dude basically hate-waddles (hate-saunters?) over to me asking if we happened to have any 2% half-gallons of milk because it was on sale. First off, I don't know that we even carry that particular kind in half-gallon form, but I play along and go "I'm not sure, let me walk over there with you" and we're out. I go "so it looks like we're out, but-" and he immediately cuts me off, goes "oh well if you don't have it right now, i don't want it, then" and does a 180. Me and the black dude stocking coke give each other "is this dude for real" looks and the guy hate-waddles back out of the store. The second the doors close the dude goes "always got to find something wrong."

Numb

I never understood why people clapped for the smallest and weirdest things. Just because one person started clapping forcing everyone else to clap aswell doesn't mean you have to join to be part of the group.

Jacir

Great ending. True amigos.

Jacir

Kyrie with the block. My hand was over my mouth with that one. So close. Lebrons was impatient with his shot there. Now its overtime.

akira28

I mean, she's cute...I don't see why dude is all crying and shit.

Suddenly I have a craving for Spaghetti-Os.

edit: honestly, I thought those tear streaks were light scars. Thought he had some knife marks or something going on there.

Numb

I mean, she's cute...I don't see why dude is all crying and shit.

Suddenly I have a craving for Spaghetti-Os.

edit: honestly, I thought those tear streaks were light scars. Thought he had some knife marks or something going on there.

Cashing out his crying points.
Not many chances out there to cry like that.

Glad i am not the only that got got by it.

Imm0rt4l

Only time I've seen people clap on a planes landing was after Arsenio Hall thwarted that that terrorist high jacking back in the early 90s.

"Don't date a Black girl, take it as a diss
If you want, but if you don't
I'ma tell you like this, I surely won't
Never date a Black girl because Blacks only want your money
And that shit ain't funny" the version of Storm you guys fell for with that pic

Samara

What? A dark skin brother can't rock a cream suit?!

As for that thread, I have a teacher that deals with cps. A dude who ignores his daughter during his visits ends up telling her that at the end of his visit:

'You and I both know how it feels being persecuted. We're both minorities.We have to deal with the same shit.'

He's white. His minority status is that he speaks french.

Kreed

Eminem said this bullshit? well fuck that dude.

During the Source/Aftermath beef in 2003, Benzino and the Source magazine put out the song that Eminem did in high school back in 89', along with another song where he used the N word. Eminem said both were him angry at being dumped by his girlfriend who was black. Of course, it was the N word usage that got the most attention and what forced Eminem to issue an apology during the beef vs the slander against black women.

What? A dark skin brother can't rock a cream suit?!

That's not Storm Chamber. It's a picture being circulated around Twitter/Instagram for memes and jokes making fun of the guy for crying and the bride being white.

jmood88

I have yet to see any discussion on representation in games that doesn't feature people saying, "they would be forced in the world!". There is apparently no game world that argument can't be used for.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

I ain't gonna lie. I joined in with the plane applause once. It was a flight from Chicago to Houston. There was a terrible storm in Houston, so we got diverted to San Antonio. I thought we would hangout in the terminal, eat and then go back to the plane. NOPE, we sat on the damned plane for 3 hours on the tarmac, then after taking off we just circled the airport. We finally get headed to Houston and fly through a storm that had the plane bumping and dropping like DJ Magic Mike. We finally landed in the middle of a storm with a rough landing and I swear the plane skidded a bit. The plane applauded, I was so happy to be alive and on ground I got caught up and applauded too. I have no idea why we just didn't stay in San Antonio instead of flying through that.

But hell, if you had a nice flight to Cancun, I have no idea what the applause was for.

ReiGun

I have yet to see any discussion on representation in games that doesn't feature people saying, "they would be forced in the world!". There is apparently no game world that argument can't be used for.

My question whenever this argument comes up is "What in fiction isn't 'forced?" Nothing happens in a story unless the author wills it. The idea of things happening "naturally," as if people of color will materialize in a story without some direct intent of the author is bollocks.

The "forced" argument is a perfect derailment because it's so nonsensical and willfully obtuse there's no real way to counter it.

xnipx

Just got this on my feed.

Baltimore Prosecutor Marilyn Mosby Seeks To Block Release Of Freddie Gray Autopsy
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7510960

The reason she is trying to block it is because by releasing the autopsy it will create even more outrage and give them even more reason to claim the jury isn't impartial.

The defense is trying to move the case out of Baltimore, releasing the autopsy and creating even more tension is exactly what they want. They don't want it released because it will somehow clear the officers as some may think.

You can always tell the untraveled and the uneducated by this statement.People of color live in large numbers in every country and environment on this planet. this reminds me of my young (and old) family member than have never been anywhere that think we as a people only live in the US and Africa and are rarely seen elsewhere on the planet.

Reading that Witcher 3 thread on how the country is exclusively white means I need to visit/live there
also culturally they are probably romantically racist

RedSwirl

Just asking... what is the actual consensus on restaurant jobs? If possible, can anyone give me the consensus on restaurant jobs in high-cost-of-living areas?

Village

While I can't particularly weigh on restaurant jobs, I have been told tips are the shizz.

I'm interested in this ALL NEW marvel, and what effects it might have outside of comics. A lot of people reformatting these days, i'm interested.

Jacir

While I have this link fresh, might as well post it here

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=762809

Smh at the great contribution of post #10.

The reason she is trying to block it is because by releasing the autopsy it will create even more outrage and give them even more reason to claim the jury isn't impartial.

The defense is trying to move the case out of Baltimore, releasing the autopsy and creating even more tension is exactly what they want. They don't want it released because it will somehow clear the officers as some may think.

Yeah that's what I figured originally when I posted. Seems smart and should be done for all cases really IMO.

While I can't particularly weigh on restaurant jobs, I have been told tips are the shizz.

I'm interested in this ALL NEW marvel, and what effects it might have outside of comics. A lot of people reformatting these days, i'm interested.

Did someone say Marvel

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

outside of comics? the usual people bitching

Slayven

It's all specualtion at this point. But outside comics I doubt much, they might do some new cartoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom