• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
Snoop can't live nowadays. Everytime he tries to change and says something that is of Snoop Dogg's fashion, it gets greeted by "YOU SEE...SNOOP BEING SNOOP".

Smh at thick being a bad term.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Snoop gonna be on TPB? Somehow this seems overdo.
Note to self don't call women of certain parties thick. Nobody should get/feel disrespected but I kinda feel like you should know what your getting into hanging with Snoop.

I just cant at the 7 year breakup thread.
Don't know if I'm strong or weak for not understanding that shit on any level.

Snoop can't live nowadays. Everytime he tries to change and says something that is of Snoop Dogg's fashion, it gets greeted by "YOU SEE...SNOOP BEING SNOOP".

Smh at thick being a bad term.
I think for a murderer he has it pretty easy all things considered

Slayven

Everyone on Fox is a piece of shit. Megyn Kelly didn't say a single critical word about Josh Duggar's pedophile-ass but she said the black girl who got slammed by the police "wasn't a saint herself". Fuck all of them.

Hannity said "anti-cop" protests, it is all in the framing

Michelle Malkin still my boo,

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Everyone on Fox is a piece of shit. Megyn Kelly didn't say a single critical word about Josh Duggar's pedophile-ass but she said the black girl who got slammed by the police "wasn't a saint herself". Fuck all of them.

Fox plays to a certain audience and also plays to the people who hate them, but continue to watch. Calling Fox a news channel is stretching the truth, IMO. They are news-based entertainment with a slant/spin that is going to get people to react. They know what they are doing.

Numb

Went to the So well spoken tumblr after hearing there was one in one of the podcasts and thing got me offguard. So much ass. Too many big booty gifs. Good lord.

Kreed

Probably gonna change to "NeoRag" or something

Doesn't matter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/announcements/comments/39bpam/removing_harassing_subreddits/

Today we are announcing a change in community management on reddit. Our goal is to enable as many people as possible to have authentic conversations and share ideas and content on an open platform. We want as little involvement as possible in managing these interactions but will be involved when needed to protect privacy and free expression, and to prevent harassment.

It is not easy to balance these values, especially as the Internet evolves. We are learning and hopefully improving as we move forward. We want to be open about our involvement: We will ban subreddits that allow their communities to use the subreddit as a platform to harass individuals when moderators don’t take action. We’re banning behavior, not ideas.

Today we are removing five subreddits that break our reddit rules based on their harassment of individuals. If a subreddit has been banned for harassment, you will see that in the ban notice. The only banned subreddit with more than 5,000 subscribers is r/fatpeoplehate.

To report a subreddit for harassment, please email us at contact@reddit.com or send a modmail.

At the very least, they can't do what they were doing previously on Reddit.

FyreWulff

Libertarians say every man for themselves, what people don't seem to catch is they have no problem being the man, which actually fits within the rules of the ideology

Plummie

Neo Member
Good evening everyone! Glad to introduce myself after lurking for a while
Where you're from - Maryland
Where you live - Maryland
What is your age? - 33
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Mom's side, Maryland and Dad's side, North Carolina. Wish I knew more than that.
Do you know your roots -Not past my great-great grandparents
Favorite musical genre -Go-Go (Wind me up Chuck!), R&B, Soul, Baltimore Club, House
Your profession/major/career interest -Social Worker, working with seniors in DC now
Your religious affiliation -Methodist but leaning more general spirituality
Hobbies -Cooking, gardening, reading, video games, watching football and baseball, learning more about black history, keeping up with local politics and news.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -My Granddad's North Carolina fried chicken, even good while it's cold. Cluck-U chicken is a close second

EloquentM

aka Mannny
What is your age? - 33
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Mom's side, Maryland and Dad's side, North Carolina. Wish I knew more than that.
Favorite musical genre -Go-Go (Wind me up Chuck!), R&B, Soul, Baltimore Club, House
Your profession/major/career interest -Social Worker, working with seniors in DC now
Hobbies -Cooking, gardening, reading, video games, watching football and baseball, learning more about black history, keeping up with local politics and news.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -My Granddad's North Carolina fried chicken, even good while it's cold. Cluck-U chicken is a close second
welcome, don't be a menace. Senior citizens huh? You've probably met my ~102 year old great grandmother. Don't get close she'll steal your life force. Also, I'm jealous you can get quality seafood. California's seafood scene is mediocre ironically with us being on a coastline.

esms

Haha Bish's new avatar hittin everybody with the
youngsabu.png
face.

Plummie

Neo Member
welcome, don't be a menace. Senior citizens huh? You've probably met my ~102 year old great grandmother. Don't get close she'll steal your life force. Also, I'm jealous you can get quality seafood. California's seafood scene is mediocre ironically with us being on a coastline.

Thank you! I'm surprised about Cali having bad seafood. If you're ever in Maryland grab some steamed crabs with Old Bay or shrimp with Old Bay, it's good on fried chicken and chips too.
Working with seniors has been fascinating and frustrating at the same time. I've had the opportunity to hear the oral history of DC and learned why they love Marion Barry so much. On the other hand the housing system for low income folks is so jacked up that what makes "Chocolate City" so special might not be around for too much longer. Btw, my avatar picture is of my cat, Ginger.

Young Magus

Man Hannity is a piece of shit

1.) No shit sherlock
2.) What did he do now?

Edit:
A certain subreddit full of highly enlightened individuals is now a banned sub, lol.

rejoice.png

RIP atheism, RIP gamergate, RIP neoclassical family values

dahell2.png

What is your age? - 33

Welcome!!!!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
dude my AC won't let me get past 83 lol

Thank you! I'm surprised about Cali having bad seafood. If you're ever in Maryland grab some steamed crabs with Old Bay or shrimp with Old Bay, it's good on fried chicken and chips too.
Working with seniors has been fascinating and frustrating at the same time. I've had the opportunity to hear the oral history of DC and learned why they love Marion Barry so much. On the other hand the housing system for low income folks is so jacked up that what makes "Chocolate City" so special might not be around for too much longer. Btw, my avatar picture is of my cat, Ginger.
It's not terrible it's just nothing compared to Maryland seafood. My family is from there so I have had fond experiences with the food there. I feel you on the low income housing. I remember seeing the houses my grandparents grew up in and they were basically shacks.

zeemumu

reddit has never been a forum conducive to worthwhile discussion, especially with the upvotes in the more circle jerky subreddits.

Honestly most of the internet isn't a place for worthwhile discussion. You just find the least bad place and hope for the best.

Seriously. Ice packs. Freeze bottles of water and wrap them in a cloth for when you need to lay down.

Our ice maker just broke down. Shit just got real.

It was raining down here yesterday. In 80 degree weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom