• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

FssRh6l.gif

PFFFT

If I recall she's the descendent of Greek generals who controlled Egypt after the death of Alexander the Great. They only called themselves pharaohs out of hubris and tradition. They inbred with each other as part of tradition as well

I'm pretty sure there were a lot of swirling between the Egyptians and the Greeks around that time as well. Interesting nonetheless.

I'm cool with Cleopatra being of Greek descent. There is research and proof and all that.

What bothers me is people using this to assume that all of Egypt, before Alexander the Great and all the way back, is not African or has no African ancestry. Sigourney Weaver should have never played an Egyptian queen, not during that time period.

Shy

All of the time. There's a Gaf thread about that last Moses movie as an example, that will ring a few bells for ya.
Ohh, that thread, i don't remember people those kind of arguments. (i probably repressed it. lol)
How can you be surprised? Look at every depiction of Egypt in the media ever. Its all white faces. Some people don't even know Egypt is in Africa lol
I know i know, i shouldn't be surprised, it just seems very silly to me. lol
I'm waiting for the movie that has an Egypt with no white actors. Watch people label it as historically inaccurate.
Political correctness gone mad. :p

That NAACP thread is comedy gold. Didn't take long before someone brought up Bruce Jenner either.

Think I'm touching THAT one with a ten foot pole, think again

Merc_

There are so many levels to this whole thing that I don't know where to start. I'm both pissed off and incredibly amused right now.

EDIT: We're all actually dead, aren't we?

zeemumu

That NAACP thread is comedy gold. Didn't take long before someone brought up Bruce Jenner either.

Think I'm touching THAT one with a ten foot pole, think again

I can't tell if that thread is serious or not.

I don't know anything anymore. I'm convinced that I smacked my head yesterday after reading that Sonichu thread and now I'm in an alternate universe where this sort of thing can happen.

That NAACP thread is my new favorite thread, the folks behind The Americans need to make a show about that woman, cold war spies aint shit compared to what she pulled off.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yo that movie poster in the NAACP thread

that is legitimately the funniest fake movie tagline I have ever seen in my entire life. Ho-lee shit.

Merc_

Based on Twitter it looks like a lot of people are making that dumb comparison to transgendered folks, not just the gaf thread. This whole situation is just going to get dumber, isn't it?

Rembrandt

Banned
that whole NAACP situation is funny as hell. I'm tryna avoid the comments and that thread because I already know it's gonna be full of stupid shit and then my outlook on this is gonna change.

RedSwirl

I scanned that whole thread looking for the Eddie Murphy shot and only found it on like page 11.

Drooled all over my god damn keyboard too.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Transgender comparisons...there's a defense for for everything. literally nothing is off limit at this point.

There is literally a defense force insinuating its okay cause "Rachel was born feeling black instead of white, just like transgendered individuals. I'm not getting the outrage here"

let it sink in

ReiGun

Transgender comparisons...there's a defense for for everything. literally nothing is off limit at this point.

There is literally a defense force saying "it okay cause Rachel was born feeling black instead of white, just like transgendered individuals. I'm not getting the outrage here"

let it sink in

Either dumb as fuck or being willfully obtuse to shit on both situations. Or both. I honestly don't know anymore.

cdyhybrid

There is literally a defense force insinuating its okay cause "Rachel was born feeling black instead of white, just like transgendered individuals. I'm not getting the outrage here"

let it sink in

F u c k e r y

djkeem

Unconfirmed Member
Later, in an apparent reference to studies tracing the origins of human life to Africa, Dolezal added: “We’re all from the African continent.”
Lol, I ain't even mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom