• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

*gets back on gaf, checks the "WTF TODAY" thread. See's everything that happened today*

What in the world.

And its all real

Who pissed off a wizard?

Young Magus

That NAACP thread was........something alright.

Slay both your comical and serious posts is that thread were both warranted and insightful, thanks for the posts.

ReiGun

The fuckery just have me coming and going. She cosigned Tyrese, fucking Tyrese

The thing about that comment is I don't know if it was a cosign or if she was in character and being the stereotypical black woman who doesn't want to see brothers with white women.

There's levels to this shit, breh.

Slayven

The thing about that comment is I don't know if it was a cosign or if she was in character and being the stereotypical black woman who doesn't want to see brothers with white women.

Well need lab coats to analyze this.

I mean

I tried to warn you
EFM9F75.png

royalan

You get online and chastise a black male celebrity for dating white women...when in reality YOU'RE a white woman masquerading as a black woman.

I just...the pure fuckery on display here.

Today has been a good day, man. The crazy ass teacher in Texas, the transracial woman getting spotlight, new season of Orange, and I finally beat that damn second boss in Bloodborne.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Especially when you consider...her husband is a black man who married a white woman! Unless...he was fooled too?!

Rembrandt

Banned
This the type of shit that makes me wish McGruder still wanted to work on the boondocks.

This shit would be a whole episode.

I'm so mad at how the final season turned out. Black Jesus was great, but the Boondocks was something else; it was as close to the chappelle show we were going to get and McGruder really predicted some shit (Young Thug really).

I really hope they throw a curveball and announce he's coming back for one last season.

Shy

So, i popped my head in to the NAACP thread, and bloody Africanus is trying to pull everyone's card that is under 21 on this chart. WTF fam. lol
I'm only a 4, 5 in the summer.
W2VlJJs.jpg

So, i popped my head in to the NAACP thread, and bloody Africanus is trying to pull everyone's card that is under 21 on this chart. WTF fam. lol
W2VlJJs.jpg

That's a little to close to me. Everyone needs to go under review. You saw how dark RDJ was in Tropic Thunder.

Man I need to cool off, folks in that NAACP thread who keep comparing her to trans issues and saying we should be fine with it because she "feels black" are starting to get me heated.

Africanus

W2VlJJs.jpg

Ahaha. Well when you're a 38 like me, most everyone is lighter skinned.

Also why can certain people never make a fine analogy.

Of all the lines that thread could have gone from that point, people legitimately choose to compare her situation to transgendered people. When less than two months ago, the concept of transracial was mocked. Perhaps not by all the same people, but I am doubtful they would have validated what they say in the NAACP thread in that one. Always have to be some rabble-rousers I suppose.

G-Fex

first Spindashing isn't actually a hedgehog and now this.

Everybody deceiving us man.

Next we'll find out Slayven actually hates comic books.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I'm cool with Cleopatra being of Greek descent. There is research and proof and all that.

What bothers me is people using this to assume that all of Egypt, before Alexander the Great and all the way back, is not African or has no African ancestry. Sigourney Weaver should have never played an Egyptian queen, not during that time period.

It's just denial at this point, Amenhotep III book of Sothis clearly states the egyptians and ethiopians / cushites were related and after Kish/Cush migrated either to Khemet(egypt) Cush(Ethiopia/Sudan) Havilah/Sabtah (Somalia/Punt) OR eastward to the Hindu-Kush mts and settled in the Indus. Herodotus and Arrian also confirm this along with those who migrated back to Khemet who were NOT the Masri but were Cushite. So now EVERYONE in the family Cush, Put , Sabta, Seba, Ramah , Caanan, is either black or asian looking, except the ones in the middle of all those families aren't ? That would be news to the Masri who reigned in Khemet for thousands of years.

maxcriden

Hello my blackGAF friends. Got a question for y'all.

I recently moved to a predominantly black neighborhood, in stone mountain ga. Moved from vermont where there are no nonwhite people really at all. But I am happy to be in a less white area, before vermont we've lived all over. I need a haircut today though. I have a new job on Monday working for the Feds and want to look sharp. With that said, I noticed all of the local barbershops are those catering to black men. I did a little research and some sites are saying it's okay for a very very white boy such as myself to go there, but then I see stuff like this

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/59775/white-dudes-who-go-to-black-barbers-an-epidemic

And wonder if I should go elsewhere. Again, happy to go anywhere really but I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. I was goingto make a thread asking about this but being re-re-juniored prevents that. If someone wants to make a thread though feel free.

Thanks for your time, all.

I recently moved to a predominantly black neighborhood, in stone mountain ga. Moved from vermont where there are no nonwhite people really at all. But I am happy to be in a less white area, before vermont we've lived all over. I need a haircut today though. I have a new job on Monday working for the Feds and want to look sharp. With that said, I noticed all of the local barbershops are those catering to black men. I did a little research and some sites are saying it's okay for a very very white boy such as myself to go there, but then I see stuff like this

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/59775/white-dudes-who-go-to-black-barbers-an-epidemic

And wonder if I should go elsewhere. Again, happy to go anywhere really but I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. I was goingto make a thread asking about this but being re-re-juniored prevents that. If someone wants to make a thread though feel free.

hr4qjdul2usf.gif

maxcriden

Lol I'm sure in a predominately black neighborhood, you won't be contributing to an epidemic. They'll take your money all the same

I don't mean anything like that, though. I just don't want to be treated weirdly or seen like people in that thread were talking about. I'd rather not go somewhere I'm not welcome.

Did you read the fine print? Blacks only. 😂

Money is money. You would stick out like a sore thumb but you could probably spin it and make a lot of friends in a barbershop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom