• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

To be fair thoguh fam, shenmue is my joint favorite game of all time, which i'm going to get on PC.

Yep, and i just put $300 towards that amount. and am trying to find more to give. :p

No offense, it's your money and all...but really??? Not a charitable cause to be found that could be written off at all? Did none of the the lower tiers not include the game at all?

FF7 Remake, TLG & Shenmue 3

new stuff like Horizon

and Revitalized IP like Yooka-Laylee, Bloodstained, Combat Core.

Hold me brehs..

the only thing that would be better is a Witcher spinoff announcement featuring Ciri.

and a real sony smash bros

Trey

Happy for people waiting on Shenmue, TLG, and a FF7 remake. That's the kind of fanservice you want to see.

As for me, Horizon is sort of interesting, but everything else isn't really for me. Everything I would want for PS4 is coming to PC, which I ain't complaining about.

D i Z

People getting hyped to play some shit they completed 20 years ago with prettier graphics,,,, foh

Shit that was so busted and/or terrible that their own companies wouldn't throw another cent at them, not even as proper rereleases. My mind is blown that people are kickstarting this shit for a platform holder.

Shy

No offense, it's your money and all...but really??? Not a charitable cause to be found that could be written off at all? Did none of the the lower tiers not include the game at all?
Yeah, i know i'm very silly, i'll probably stick to the tier i'm on. but you're right i should go lower, but i'm already a sucker for collector's editions, and it's for my favorite game too. so it's a recipe for my stupidity.

I don't take any offense, you're spitting truth, but for me it's a "a fool and his money are easily parted" situation.

RedSwirl

I think No Man's Sky is gonna come through. It just won't be what a lot of people expect. That kind of game isn't new. The console audience just hasn't been exposed to it yet. That's why it's so hard to explain.

D i Z

Yeah, i know i'm very silly, i'll probably stick to the tier i'm on. but you're right i should go lower, but i'm already a sucker for collector's editions, and it's for my favorite game too. so it's a recipe for my stupidity.

I don't take any offense, you're spitting truth, but for me it's a "a fool and his money are easily parted" situation.

Yo. Lemme hold a dolla.

All in all, that conference made for a great show but Horizon was the only game to wow me. I never cared about The Last Guardian, a FF7 remake or Shenmue 3 but I understand that niggas is out there feenin for those games

If Sony announces these and the FFVII remake this will be the greatest conference/E3 of all time

This conference was weird. Everyone was like "What will you have for fall 2015 Sony!?" and they responded with throwing magic pixie dust everywhere...

...while completely ignoring the question.

Numb

All in all, that conference made for a great show but Horizon was the only game to wow me. I never cared about The Last Guardian, a FF7 remake or Shenmue 3 but I understand that niggas is out there feenin for those games

Dinobots. Everybody loves them. Sony covering their lack of games this year with some nostalgia glasses.

Shy

Yo. Lemme hold a dolla.
Would if i could fam, i'm the kinda of person that would give you the shirt of my back if you needed it. (which has been used against me a few times :_: )

This kickstarter is going to clear me out next month, and i also have to borrow money for it too. further proving how silly i am. lol

EDIT: horizon looked dope, that is all. :D

Trey

Dinobots. Everybody loves them. Sony covering their lack of games this year with some nostalgia glasses.

Create great buzz by reviving opld favorites, get marketing deals with CoD and Battlefront to win the holiday season, not a bad plan from Sony.

jmood88

People getting hyped to play some shit they completed 20 years ago with prettier graphics,,,, foh
I don't get it at all. Why are people so excited about that game getting a remake?
I think No Man's Sky is gonna come through. It just won't be what a lot of people expect. That kind of game isn't new. The console audience just hasn't been exposed to it yet. That's why it's so hard to explain.
They need to stop promising that there's more to the game than wandering around and actually show what the hell you can do. It has been three years and the only new thing we've seen is the space combat (and I'm not even entirely sure that was new). Even the supposedly different planet he went to looked exactly the same as the one they showed in the first trailer.

Didn't even think about 2015. Another issue I had was that console debut and console exclusive was thrown around a lot. Them having Shenmue 3 in their conference will get them a lot of press but in the end I could play it on my PC. FF7 will eventually hit Xbox too.

ReiGun

I don't get it at all. Why are people so excited about that game getting a remake?

Cause Square made a tech demo back when the PS3 was launching and they've hyped themselves up for it ever since.

Also, the original was and still is ugly as sin. So now folks can get a good looking version of their favorite game.

RedSwirl

They need to stop promising that there's more to the game than wandering around and actually show what the hell you can do. It has been three years and the only new thing we've seen is the space combat (and I'm not even entirely sure that was new). Even the supposedly different planet he went to looked exactly the same as the one they showed in the first trailer.

It looks like a game you really can't show off in a three-minute demonstration.

jmood88

It looks like a game you really can't show off in a three-minute demonstration.
It's really not that hard to show off other game mechanics but even if they somehow can't show what the game is about when they're onstage, there's nothing stopping them from releasing gameplay videos. Either way, there's no excuse for this game to be around for so long yet we haven't seen anything beyond a little space shooting and a guy walking around on the same planet.

Didn't even think about 2015. Another issue I had was that console debut and console exclusive was thrown around a lot. Them having Shenmue 3 in their conference will get them a lot of press but in the end I could play it on my PC. FF7 will eventually hit Xbox too.
The way the ppl talking about in the thread it'll be ps4/steam only

BlackJace

Like, I understand Shenmue III and even FF VII, but some of the anticipation for TLG is throwin me off.
I'm not sure why some are treating the game like it will be a guaranteed competent title. Essentially its a puzzle game that will have some pretty cool setpieces, but...I think that's it.

I don't understand where the cult of praise surrounding it has come from besides the obvious exclusive hype, but still.

Even then, Shenmue III is prolly dropping (if it gets funded) at the tail end of the 8th gen, so we'll have many more E3s to come before it's ready.

And FF VII.... don't get me wrong, I'm happy, but this is Square Enix, brehs. They already pulled this shit with us at the beginning of the PS3's life. We all know they don't get their stuff out in a timely manner, and the fact that there wasn't even a COMING SOON says it all. Whether or not it sees the light of day, or fades back into vaporware status, I'm not gonna be quick to declare the second coming of Christ, ya know?

Sony did what they wanted to do though, no hatin'

RP912

Banned
On the real, Sony conned the fuck out of folks including myself. Of course games>>>talk would raised some eyes, plus the fact that each announcement was a fan service to the gaming demographic that was going to be hyped. Bottom line, I didn't care for The Last Guardian and don't see the appeal. Ico was good, but it wasn't a "masterpiece" like most folks making it out to be and fuck SOTC with everything I love. Horrible controls to the point the game was not fun and extremely boring.

The only highlight out of the Sony conference was Shenmue 3...kickstarter and Sony brodying Microsoft of it's COD. Other than that, the show was pretty much a solid B- and Ubi/Bethesda got the E3 crown on lock.

Fallout 4 had a dude smacking his lips like LL and Anno is always welcome on my harddrive.

jmood88

Because it's many peoples favourite game? It's not that hard to understand
Mass Effect is one of my favorite games but the rumored hd remaster (before that was pretty much put to bed) never made me excited. I don't get the crazy excitement over a game people have already finished and can still play if they want.

Nigga have you seen what FF7 looks like. Shit did not age well at all. And its the masses favorite FF game so of course a remake would get hype. Let niggas be happy they get shit they wanted.

I might actually get FF7 never played the original. I want to play the first two Shenmue games as well.

RedSwirl

Like, I understand Shenmue III and even FF VII, but some of the anticipation for TLG is throwin me off.
I'm not sure why some are treating the game like it will be a guaranteed competent title. Essentially its a puzzle game that will have some pretty cool setpieces, but...I think that's it.

I don't understand where the cult of praise surrounding it has come from besides the obvious exclusive hype, but still.

Even then, Shenmue III is prolly dropping (if it gets funded) at the tail end of the 8th gen, so we'll have many more E3s to come before it's ready.

And FF VII.... don't get me wrong, I'm happy, but this is Square Enix, brehs. They already pulled this shit with us at the beginning of the PS3's life. We all know they don't get their stuff out in a timely manner, and the fact that there wasn't even a COMING SOON says it all. Whether or not it sees the light of day, or fades back into vaporware status, I'm not gonna be quick to declare the second coming of Christ, ya know?

Sony did what they wanted to do though, no hatin'

I thought Ico was a really good puzzle game. We don't get enough puzzle adventure games on consoles. Especially with a budget like TLG.

Numb

Create great buzz by reviving opld favorites, get marketing deals with CoD and Battlefront to win the holiday season, not a bad plan from Sony.
A fantastic idea that is awesome for them but not for me.

Feel about the same. I thought i needed a Ps4 for MGS aswell and now it's on PC too.

RP912

Banned
Yeahhhhh FF7 really is not a game I would want to go back to despite never fully playing Disc 2. Everytime I finish Disc 1, bullshit happens with the save. Either I sell my PSP, accidentally delete my save, or format my Vita. I will never see what that game looks like beyond ole girl getting killed by Sephiroth...

That being said, the remake is a big fucking deal.

Numb

I can see Nintendo bringing the big guns too. Or they will do some Mario Maker tournaments and have the same results lol.

Onemic

Mass Effect is one of my favorite games but the rumored hd remaster (before that was pretty much put to bed) never made me excited. I don't get the crazy excitement over a game people have already finished and can still play if they want.

Well of course. What would the HD remake really improve? Mass Effect only came out last gen, with the last game utilizing the same engine and graphics coming out only 3 years ago. FF7 came out 3 gens ago. 20 years ago at that and looked like complete ass when compared to FFVIII, another PS1 FF game. The two situations arent really comparable.

A comparable situation would be a Chrono Trigger remake, or a Xenogears remake. Or any beloved game in the PS1/N64 era and prior.

RP912

Banned
This year's E3 was amazing regardless. All companies brought it this time around and screw the haters...I liked the EA conference for what it was worth. It was a solid D-.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yeah, Horizon was definitely the best-looking thing at that conference.

I would like to thank the state of the video game industry for the fact that pretty much everything else I'm interested in is also coming to the PC.

Should probably upgrade my video card tho.

RedSwirl

It's really not that hard to show off other game mechanics but even if they somehow can't show what the game is about when they're onstage, there's nothing stopping them from releasing gameplay videos. Either way, there's no excuse for this game to be around for so long yet we haven't seen anything beyond a little space shooting and a guy walking around on the same planet.

Maybe.

I feel like it's the kind of game where they'd have to let a bunch of YouTubers play it and each one post their own 90-minute video. It seems to be like Minecraft or DayZ where it's pretty much entirely up to you what kind of experience you want to have with the game. How would you advertise something like DayZ with one video?

They've already explained that because of the nature of the game its dev builds are essentially going to be broken until right before the game is done. I imagine that would be the reason they haven't let anyone else play it or shown off any long stretch of gameplay. I'd say at least wait until people outside Hello Games are already playing it.

If you're that curious, try out Elite Dangerous when it hits Xbox One Game Preview. That's probably the closest thing to it on a console right now.

ReiGun

In hindsight, Nintendo and MS were always gonna be fighting for second place. E3 is about hype, and there's not much one can do to compete with the 1-2 combo of Shemue 3 and FF7 in that regard.

That said, Nintendo will have Zelda tomorrow. So...I'm here for that.

RedSwirl

In hindsight, Nintendo and MS were always gonna be fighting for second place. E3 is about hype, and there's not much one can do to compete with the 1-2 combo of Shemue 3 and FF7 in that regard.

That said, Nintendo will have Zelda tomorrow. So...I'm here for that.

Nintendo confirmed they won't have Zelda.

I'm still hoping for like a two-minute trailer, but Aonuma already said it won't be there.

D i Z

Would if i could fam, i'm the kinda of person that would give you the shirt of my back if you needed it. (which has been used against me a few times :_: )

This kickstarter is going to clear me out next month, and i also have to borrow money for it too. further proving how silly i am. lol

EDIT: horizon looked dope, that is all. :D

Again, it's not like it's any of my business. But do yourself a favor and roll back on the fandom. They don't care about your pocket except how deep you let them get their hands into it. It'll get funded, and you don't need to do anything to get it there. Borrowing to do this is not wise. That's all I'mma say. It is your choice, after all.

cdyhybrid

That Battlefront gameplay though...

EZ1Homc.png

jmood88

Well of course. What would the HD remake really improve? Mass Effect only came out last gen. FF7 came out 3 gens ago. 20 years ago at that and looked like complete ass when compared to FFVIII, another PS1 FF game. The two situations arent really comparable.

A comparable situation would be a Chrono Trigger remake, or a Xenogears remake. Or any beloved game in the PS1/N64 era and prior.
I was going to put Streets of Rage 3 but didn't because it really doesn't matter either way because my opinion wouldn't change. There are a bunch of old-ass games that I love where updated graphics would not justify the ridiculous response this game has gotten. Then again, I don't get excited for the hd remasters/remakes that so many people around here get excited about. I've gone through the game already, give me something new worth getting excited over.

I was going to put Streets of Rage 3 but didn't because it really doesn't matter either way because my opinion wouldn't change. There are a bunch of old-ass games that I love where updated graphics would not justify the ridiculous response this game has gotten. Then again, I don't get excited for the hd remasters/remakes ]that so many people around here get excited about. I've gone through the game already, give me something new worth getting excited over.

So why make a fuss about other people getting excited about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom