• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
eXaP3MQ.gif

well you could have gotten in maybe..you know a guy...that's how i got in and had my crack pipe in constant use during the entire time. And by the end I was rigging elections like a boss

andthebeatgoeson

Gaf was down last night. Did Sony really do a kick starter? Got 2 million dollars out of y'all? Da fuck is wrong with y'all? We are way past $70 game with exclusive editions and dlc.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Gaf was down last night. Did Sony really do a kick starter? Got 2 million dollars out of y'all? Da fuck is wrong with y'all? We are way past $70 game with exclusive editions and dlc.
It's $30 for the digital edition and $60 for a physical copy in a hard case. Same price as any new game on next gen consoles and the digital price is lower than most brand new AAA Steam games.

So...yeah. Not seeing the problem with people supporting something they've wanted for years by paying regular price for it.

It's $30 for the digital edition and $60 for a physical copy in a hard case. Same price as any new game on next gen consoles and the digital price is lower than most brand new AAA Steam games.

So...yeah. Not seeing the problem with people supporting something they've wanted for years by paying regular price for it.

The problem is that Sony could fund this if they wanted to make it. They know the demand is there for it. You're being used, they'll take 2 m dollar out of y'alls pocket and throw something at you 2 years from now and you're all happy like thank you, massa.

So it turns out Halo 5's Super Collector's Edition Xtreme is a $150 hike above the standard Limited Edition because of a single statue. Like, the Limited Edition ($100) has literally everything the Collector's Edition has (even a small statue!), but you get a small statue and a big statue with the Collector's Edition.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
So it turns out Halo 5's Super Collector's Edition Xtreme is a $150 hike above the standard Limited Edition because of a single statue. Like, the Limited Edition ($100) has literally everything the Collector's Edition has (even a small statue!), but you get a small statue and a big statue with the Collector's Edition.

I am doing the standard edition and that is it. No more physical gaming trinkets in my house.

Slayven

I am doing the standard edition and that is it. No more physical gaming trinkets in my house.
only super omega collectors ediction that was ever cool was the one that came with functional night-vision goggles, and a pro spec remote control helicopter.

The whole situation is very unfortunate. Most of the Haitians there were allured by the promise of work in the bateys and for years Haitian communities have been extorted by local police who threaten to take their citizenship away, pretty much squandering the money made for themselves. Now they're all going to be deported to a country were some don't even speak the language more broke than when their ancestors left

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
The whole situation is very unfortunate. Most of the Haitians there were allured by the promise of work in the bateys and for years Haitian communities have been extorted by local police who threaten to take their citizenship away, pretty much squandering the money made for themselves. Now they're all going to be deported to a country were some don't even speak the language more broke than when their ancestors left

That is some fuckery to the next level. Glad to see the US is condemning them, but that is just pathetic. Racism knows no bounds. Add DR to places I won't be visiting, ever.

This deserves it's own thread. Freaking ethnic cleansing right in our backyard.

Africanus

I was expecting the usual extreme racial tension but:
"According to the decision, Dominicans born after 1929 to parents who are not of Dominican ancestry are to have their citizenship revoked. The ruling affects an estimated 250,000 Dominican people of Haitian descent, including many who have had no personal connection with Haiti for several generations."

This is an international travesty. How is this legal? Where are the sanctions? Why is this my first time reading of this? This won't just affect blacks, it'll affect everyone!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The problem is that Sony could fund this if they wanted to make it. They know the demand is there for it. You're being used, they'll take 2 m dollar out of y'alls pocket and throw something at you 2 years from now and you're all happy like thank you, massa.

But they don't know. That's the thing.

Internet talk is cheap. It's hard to tell just how big the vocal minority is.

But they don't know. That's the thing.

Internet talk is cheap. It's hard to tell just how big the vocal minority is.

They had 10 years to figure it out... but it doesn't matter, really. I will enjoy reading the threads from idiots saying how they have nothing to eat or nowhere to live because they spent all their money on the Shenmue kickstarter and pe-ordering FFVII Remake.

Numb

They had 10 years to figure it out... but it doesn't matter, really. I will enjoy reading the threads from idiots saying how they have nothing to eat or nowhere to live because they spent all their money on the Shenmue kickstarter and pe-ordering FFVII Remake.

Putting in enough for the game itself should be enough and maybe a little extra as a love letter. But you can't go spending hundreds to thousands of dollars to a game that has not even begun development.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro

For some reason I not surprised D.R. of all places would do some fucked up shit like this.

Putting in enough for the game itself should be enough and maybe a little extra as a love letter a doesn't seem like it will make it. But you can't go spending hundreds to thousands of dollars to a game that has not even begun development.

Gamers need to smarten up before they get cleaned up.

Slayven

For some reason I not surprised D.R. of all places would do some fucked up shit like this.

Gamers need to smarten up before they get cleaned up.

Gaming is already a premium hobby and going even higher than that willingly seems crazy to me.

It takes the risk out of everyone's hands but the gamers. Company goes bust before game launches, sucks for you thanks for the "donation". Let me tell you about my new kickstarter.

Shit like books, card games, little trinkets i can see. But unknowns like eletronics, and game development? Nah son.

If you search through the OT you will find many many posts about people having no food or nowhere to go or live and then you will also find posts about about all the gaming bullshit they bought. Right now there is a thread about a gu who accidentally got put into the 10,000 tier of Shenmue supporters and he's thinking about paying it so he can get some Shenmue jacket.

Slayven

If you search through the OT you will find many many posts about people having no food or nowhere to go or live and then you will also find posts about about all the gaming bullshit they bought. Right now there is a thread about a gu who accidentally got put into the 10,000 tier of Shenmue supporters and he's thinking about paying it so he can get some Shenmue jacket.

Dude going to float 10K for 3+ years, and at the end for it he will have a jacket and a dinner? Worse investment ever, and folks scream bloody murder over preorders.

Numb

10k for a piece of clothing and dinner? I am speechless. That is a level of fandom i will never reach. I wouldn't even buy the 2 dollar DLCs for my game of all time.

D i Z

This Donald Trump Presidential announcement speech is off the chain.

I can't stop looking at the spittle in the corner of his mouth. This guy is the clown that makes scary clowns look like angels on your shoulders.

FyreWulff

Hold up?

CHl42IzUcAAHZCk.jpg

They were doing a poll/market study but using people's money?

yes

typically in modern times you have multiple investors, kickstarter is now considered just one of those investors in a plan, sorta

so basically "get x money from KS, and we'll believe you and put in our money too"

royalan

Hold up?

CHl42IzUcAAHZCk.jpg

Yeah, that's kinda sleazy

"We already potentially have major publisher backing, but prove to us that you want the game by giving us a shit-ton of money! Then we'll make the game...and then charge you more money!"

But as sleazy as it is...gamers WILL spend money on this shit, so who can blame them?

Numb

Hold up?

CHl42IzUcAAHZCk.jpg

Igarashi straight up said said that in the Bloodstained video. Pre-ordering is not enough for pubs to gauge interest so we pay millions in games that don't even have names for them to pick them up or notice.

Merc_

Honestly, dudes like that deserve what they get. I have no idea how you get to the point where you place more value on fucking video games than on your own ability to take care of yourself. To actually consider giving up being able to eat in order to support a niche video game is pure fucking insanity.

Slayven

yes

typically in modern times you have multiple investors, kickstarter is now considered just one of those investors in a plan, sorta

so basically "get x money from KS, and we'll believe you and put in our money too"

Yeah, that's kinda sleazy

"We already potentially have major publisher backing, but prove to us that you want the game by giving us a shit-ton of money! Then we'll make the game...and then charge you more money!"

But as sleazy as it is...gamers WILL spend money on this shit, so who can blame them?

can't knock the hustle. But it is weird to see, especially how F2P is so demonized, this shit is Super Pay 2 Play: Ready to go Hungry edition.

Merc_

Hold up?

CHl42IzUcAAHZCk.jpg

If the $30 and $60 tiers didn't come with copies of the game then I would agree that it's extra sleazy. Frankly I just see it as another form of preordering at those levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom