• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merc_

Can we talk about how that new star fox look eh..

Ratchet and Clank done spoiled the shit out of me

The graphics look rough right now, but I don't think their anywhere near as bad as people are saying. The reaction we're watching over them is the reason why we get CGI trailers.

Village

The graphics look rough right now, but I don't think their anywhere near as bad as people are saying. The reaction we're watching over them is the reason why we get CGI trailers.

not the graphics, the everything.

Like I have found ratchet and clank to be a way better space animal adventure series thats star fox is.

Merc_

not the graphics, the everything.

Like I have found ratchet and clank to be a way better space animal adventure series thats star fox is.

Ah, well I would agree, but I prefer platformers over pure shooters in general anyway. It also doesn't help that Starfox has had a long string of bad games for a while now.

ReiGun

Hey man, metroid is serious business. That series use to be sooooo good then Nintendo went into the twilight zone and decided to fuck all its metroid fans.

I mean, I wouldn't say that. There's only really one game in the series that's considered bad, and even that's just incredibly mediocre with a dumb as fuck story (Other M).

Thinking on Nintendo's conference as a whole, yeah I like a lot of what they showed. Fire Emblem is always piff (Shadow Dragon notwithstanding). I been down with Yoshi's Wooly World and Mario Maker since last year. The new Paper Mario looks dope. Zelda Three Swords or whatever will probably be fun, and while they need to tighten up the graphics on level three, I can still fucks with some Star Fox. Shit, if they ever actually explain what it is, I may even buy Megaten vs Fire Emblem: Cross Generation of ANIME.

The problem is 1. we have their conference from last year to compare this to, and that one was sooooooooooo much better and 2. why show things like Animal Crossing and Metroid then don't deliver them in forms people actually want? Like I said, E3 is all about hype and Nintendo failed to generate any, even though it should have been easy as fuck for them to do so.

royalan

For those of you who still care, The Read Podcast (Hosted by Kid Fury and the homegirl Crissle) released their weekly podcast 2 days early to allow Crissle to go in the fuck in on Rachel Dolezal, and guuurl does she go in, with quite a finisher.

The dragging begins pretty early in the podcast.

Q8S0PZZ.gif

Rock Solid means like "Good Enough" right?

Seemed like Nintendo stopped giving fucks bout e3 awhile back compared to the other big two (namely Sony), just treating it as another direct.

The anger seen in the reaction thread is jokes tho. I understand the disappointment (personally I feel meh about it) but.......it's just games b.

Nah, I mean I thought they did the best.

Overall E3 was pretty good. I still feel that too many people felt kind of stuff. I can't wait until I get on there. I'mma turn that bitch out. I'd have E3 crunk!

Merc_

*cough* Command *cough*

Command, and?

Frankly, I didn't enjoy Command, Assault, or Adventures. I haven't had fun playing a Starfox game since 64. I'm hoping Zero changes that.

I wonder if these dudes ever realized how incredibly selfish they sound when they post that kind of stuff. Their comfort must always come first before anyone else's.

ReiGun

I wonder if these dudes ever realized how incredibly selfish they sound when they post that kind of stuff. Their comfort must always come first before anyone else's.
Reminds me of that game Rust, where you get a randomly generated character. Some players didn't like being forced into being a different race and (I think) gender. Quote:

As lead developer and studio owner Garry Newman wrote: "Everyone now has a pseudo unique skin tone and face. Just like in real life, you are who you are — you can't change your skin color or your face. It's actually tied to your SteamID [how the game recognises you]."

Thus player choice of skin color was removed. It should be noted that you don't see your character, as it's first person. Other players, of course, can. Newman continues:

"There's a lot of skin colors in the world, and it's really easy to appear racially insensitive when doing this. This is compounded by the fact that everyone is really used to seeing [the player avatar] as a white guy, so when you see him as a black guy it feels like he's just 'blacked up.' So we're spending a lot of time trying to lessen that effect."

Many white gamers expressed concern, as Megan Condis documents, disliking being forced to think about race and having to play someone who didn't match their own race. "The problem is lack of freedom of choice," one claimed.

Writing on Steam, another user said: "I was going to buy RUST today! But I am a white guy and dont [sic] want to take the chance [!] of playing a black character." Another said this was "forced politics."

RP912

Banned
One thing that I learned about E3 is always make sure you watch the shit with your peoples and not random gamers, because holy shit. People are so miserable nowadays because their game isn't getting enough shine compared to what the DEMOGRAPHIC wants. E3 is a expo for games and technology...not so and so's long wish sequel of a game that was glitchy as fuck the moment it came out.

That being said...I'm glad the event is over and enjoyed each show despite some fuckery.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
One thing that I learned about E3 is always make sure you watch the shit with your peoples and not random gamers, because holy shit. People are so miserable nowadays because their game isn't getting enough shine compared to what the DEMOGRAPHIC wants. E3 is a expo for games and technology...not so and so's long wish sequel of a game that was glitchy as fuck the moment it came out.

That being said...I'm glad the event is over and enjoyed each show despite some fuckery.
That EA conference man. I never laughed so hard at a conference in my life. My roommate and I were clowning that pele interview. My dude didn't even know where he was.

cdyhybrid

Hardcore game enthusiasts are just jaded as hell. PC conference was 2.5 hours of games, games, and more games and people are saying the conference sucked :lol

That EA conference man. I never laughed so hard at a conference in my life. My roommate and I were clowning that pele interview. My dude didn't even know where he was.

EA's was a slug to go through. I don't know why every year they spend so much time on Sports games. The majority of people who play them don't even know what E3 is. I'd get crazy looks if I ask the brothas and sistas that hang by the ball court and corner store if they watch E3.

I was surprised at the new Call of Duty footage. That looked nothing like Call of Duty. Cyborgs, electic beams and shit. People running on walls like it's Prince of Persia.

RP912

Banned
Hardcore game enthusiasts are just jaded as hell. PC conference was 2.5 hours of games, games, and more games and people are saying the conference sucked :lol

I just don't understand it. It's getting to the point where I miss how the show was actually ran. Secluded and you can find out about the games on Gamespot or Game Informer. We can't have nice things without dudes wanting the whole house.

cdyhybrid

EA's was a slug to go through. I don't know why every year they spend so much time on Sports games. The majority of people who play them don't even know what E3 is. I'd get crazy looks if I ask the brothas and sistas that hang by the ball court and corner store if they watch E3.

I was surprised at the new Call of Duty footage. That looked nothing like Call of Duty. Cyborgs, electic beams and shit. People running on walls like it's Prince of Persia.

There's a lot of crossover between the sports game audience and the "hardcore" game audience.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
My main problem with the Metroid Prime: Galactic Federation game or whatever is the art style.

Don't really care that it's a spinoff; we've already had Hunters. Hell, Metroid Prime Pinball was an actual video game that was released onto store shelves, remember?

The problem is the standards for this year are all screwed up thanks to Sony's conference.

It was also strange to see nothing at all from Valve. Even if HL3 was never going to happen, they're making some really substantial changes to Dota 2 right now, and this would have been a good place to show some of those off. Maybe they're too busy with the summer sale right now, I don't know.

RedSwirl

I haven't kept up with forum threads during E3 in years.

cdyhybrid

My main problem with the Metroid Prime: Galactic Federation game or whatever is the art style.

Don't really care that it's a spinoff; we've already had Hunters. Hell, Metroid Prime Pinball was an actual video game that was released onto store shelves, remember?

The problem is the standards for this year are all screwed up thanks to Sony's conference.

It was also strange to see nothing at all from Valve. Even if HL3 was never going to happen, they're making some really substantial changes to Dota 2 right now, and this would have been a good place to show some of those off. Maybe they're too busy with the summer sale right now, I don't know.

Valve is too big for E3. Or at least too big for a PC-gaming-as-a-whole conference. They can do their own event and get all the hype.

Htown

Valve is too big for E3. Or at least too big for a PC-gaming-as-a-whole conference. They can do their own event and get all the hype.

If Blizzard can show up, and Microsoft can show up, Valve can damn well show up, too.

Young Magus

For those of you who still care, The Read Podcast (Hosted by Kid Fury and the homegirl Crissle) released their weekly podcast 2 days early to allow Crissle to go in the fuck in on Rachel Dolezal, and guuurl does she go in, with quite a finisher.

The dragging begins pretty early in the podcast.

Q8S0PZZ.gif

Sounds interesting, I'll check it out when I have the time.

Nah, I mean I thought they did the best.

Overall E3 was pretty good. I still feel that too many people felt kind of stuff. I can't wait until I get on there. I'mma turn that bitch out. I'd have E3 crunk!

Eh, I had zero fucks invested into e3 this year but yes it wasn't bad by any means. Wish I saw more tho, only caught/played attention to two conferences.

Nikkas are really mad that they can't have another white male power fantasy to play huh.......

Pele kept it 100.

Dude said fuck it, let granddaddy tell yall a story.

Link/Summary plz

cdyhybrid

If Blizzard can show up, and Microsoft can show up, Valve can damn well show up, too.

I guess. Blizzard and MS's announcements weren't megatons though. I feel like anything Valve would realistically announce at this point would be at least close to a megaton.

Portal 3, TF3, DOTA2 update, don't think there's a new CS coming anytime soon...but those would all be pretty huge announcements (and they could save the DOTA unveiling for The International).

I guess they could have shown up and announced Left 4 Dead 3 or something :p

And of course, there's less than zero chance they'd announce HL3 at something like this - unless they're feeling themselves so much that they give no fucks and just want to troll people.

jmood88

Where'd you get that idea from? Operation Sports, one of the bigger video game sites out there, has people at E3 every year and there are plenty of people on here and elsewhere (such as myself) who play sports games and everything else. With that being said, I didn't give a damn about their sports games segment because EA Sports is trash.

Htown

I guess. Blizzard and MS's announcements weren't megatons though. I feel like anything Valve would realistically announce at this point would be at least close to a megaton.

Portal 3, TF3, DOTA2 update, don't think there's a new CS coming anytime soon...but those would all be pretty huge announcements (and they could save the DOTA unveiling for The International).

I guess they could have shown up and announced Left 4 Dead 3 or something :p

And of course, there's less than zero chance they'd announce HL3 at something like this - unless they're feeling themselves so much that they give no fucks and just want to troll people.

I mean they're doing this Dota 2 Reborn thing right now. The custom game stuff would have fit in just fine with anything else being shown at that conference tonight. Why not show a five minute demo of some of this stuff onstage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom