• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys they had to cut the online from star fox: absolute zeroes in order to tighten up the graphi-

mission desig-

multiplay-

writi-

other star fox game that's comi-

NX

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So people are actually funding Shenmue for Sony? This generation...

Personally nothing really got me excited about the Sony conference, except FF7, until I learned it was multiplat.

If you can make Shenmue 3 with 2 million dollars, that would be a hell of a feat. This just says Star Citizen to me aka we'll put money up but you find out how interested people are and we'll base that on how much money we're going to put on this.

Trey

Robotech Star Fox just makes too much sense, and I'm honestly surprised that franchise hasn't turned into that yet.

If you can make Shenmue 3 with 2 million dollars, that would be a hell of a feat. This just says Star Citizen to me aka we'll put money up but you find out how interested people are and we'll base that on how much money we're going to put on this.

Does Star Citizen have a fund distribution pie chart out?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does Star Citizen have a fund distribution pie chart out?

Money-Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997716-350-259.jpg

jmood88

lol anyone who gave that kickstarter money basically tossed it down the drain. That game is never going to be finished due to all the crazy feature creep. The backers get REAL mad if you point that out tho.
"Just a couple million more and we can pay the license fees for a few Kanye songs. Oh and this will add a year to development."

Numb

lol anyone who gave that kickstarter money basically tossed it down the drain. That game is never going to be finished due to all the crazy feature creep. The backers get REAL mad if you point that out tho.

The backers must be rich arabian oil tycoons. Paying thousands of bucks for a virtual ship. Amazing.

I see ya'll niggas talking shit, so I'mma throw down a fact-o

here is what is done, is currently bein' done and what is in the pipeline.

There were many who had blue balls prior to Elite & Star Citizen being dropped out the sky, old fucks with deep pockets too.

lordmrw

No matter how much I try I can't bring myself to get the least bit excited for open world games. And the industry seems to be going ga ga over them.

RP912

Banned
No matter how much I try I can't bring myself to get the least bit excited for open world games. And the industry seems to be going ga ga over them.

It all depends.Open world games work well with racing/GTA type of games. Everything else just seems like an added bonus nobody didn't asked for...

Onemic

Witcher 2 is overrated as fuck to me. It's good, but not GOTY good.

I'll probably get Witcher 3 next year during a Steam sale.

lordmrw

What about them do you feel unappealing?

In most cases there are basic mechanics that are half assed and you have live with it to appreciate the spectacle. Also my lack of excitement for the genre is stems mostly from a preference for a more guided and tighter experience.

lordmrw

And which ones have you played that made you dislike them?

I've tried the GTA games, Red Dead Redemption, Just Cause 1 & 2, and 3 of the Assassin's Creed games. They're just not for me. Having said that I do manage to appreciate the odd one here and there like Crackdown and Fallout 3.

Trey

The real GOATs of this open world shit is Bethesda. Dudes give gamers continents to play around in.

I've never enjoyed an elder scrolls game. I never liked the feedback or moment to moment gameplay.

I like Saints Row and Guild Wars 2.

RP912

Banned
I've never enjoyed an elder scrolls game. I never liked the feedback or moment to moment gameplay.

What about a Fallout game?

The Fallout games honestly feel more drawn in than Elder Scrolls. I love both games, but Fallout draws me in deeper in the nuclear wasteland, than going through Morrowind.

HI

Where you're from - Atlanta
Where you live - Illinois
What is your age? - 26
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - some black people in south ga, think there was a white person too.
Do you know your roots - nope
Favorite musical genre - rap
Your profession/major/career interest - Engineer/Computer Engineer/Software Engineering
Your religious affiliation - agnostic
Hobbies - software development,basketball, lego legends
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's

corporate america sucks

Shy

HI

What is your age? - 26
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - some black people in south ga, think there was a white person too.
Your profession/major/career interest - Engineer/Computer Engineer/Software Engineering

corporate america sucks
Welcome to you, new fam.

Numb

Man this mean y'all didn't fuck with the witcher 3. that game is highly fuckwitable.
I did but the combat was too boring for me.
HI

What is your age? - 26

corporate america sucks
Welcome welcome.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I didn't fuck with the franchise because it looked boring as shit. Not to mention I don't like that gameplay.
Yeah, the gameplay is pretty middling. I find it interesting for the most part when you take the sheer number of places to explore, side quests to do, and loot to find. The story is also very enthralling at times.

Not me, i love witcher 3.
*daps*

In most cases there are basic mechanics that are half assed and you have live with it to appreciate the spectacle. Also my lack of excitement for the genre is stems mostly from a preference for a more guided and tighter experience.
That is probably the most legitimate gripe of open world games.

The real GOATs of this open world shit is Bethesda. Dudes give gamers continents to play around in.
the Witcher 3 gives you 2.5. It's a massive massive gameworld.

Jacir

HI

What is your age? - 26

corporate america sucks

Hello there. Oh yea fuck corporate america too. Another reason to just start a company by yourself.

RP912

Banned
Yeah, the gameplay is pretty middling. I find it interesting for the most part when you take the sheer number of places to explore, side quests to do, and loot to find. The story is also very enthralling at times.

*daps*

That is probably the most legitimate gripe of open world games.

the Witcher 3 gives you 2.5. It's a massive massive gameworld.

Will The Witcher 3 give me amazing gameplay though?

HI

What is your age? - 26

corporate america sucks

I fuck with you like a scud missile.

RP912

Banned
HI

What is your age? - 26

corporate america sucks

Welcome dude...Corporate America do suck.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Will The Witcher 3 give me amazing gameplay though?

depends on what you play your western rpgs for?

loot? check. (I get over encumbered too much ={ )

Story? check. (Story is interesting but I don't really play games for the story that much. There a sequence of main story missions that is really well done though close to the beginning of the game)

Extensive side quests? Check. (breh, there's an entire card game ala magic, yugioh, etc. within this game in addition to the large number of sidequests and places to discover)

Expansive world? check. (as I said before the game has 2.5 continents basically. it's almost too big)

combat mechanics? this is the one thing I could see someone making a good argument about, although you do get that overpowered feeling when your loot and level is high. I know a lot of people love that feeling.

RP912

Banned
depends on what you play your western rpgs for?

loot? check. (I get over encumbered too much ={ )

Story? check. (Story is interesting but I don't really play games for the story that much. There a sequence of main story missions that is really well done though close to the beginning of the game)

Extensive side quests? Check. (breh, there's an entire card game ala magic, yugioh, etc. within this game in addition to the large number of sidequests and places to discover)

Expansive world? check. (as I said before the game has 2.5 continents basically. it's almost too big)

combat mechanics? this is the one thing I could see someone making a good argument about, although you do get that overpowered feeling when your loot and level is high. I know a lot of people love that feeling.

I get all of that in Elder Scrolls/Fallout games and mods to continue playing the game as long as I'm breathing.

The Witcher series never clicked with me. It's like the D and D of open world games.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Sup Nastrodamous

-------------------------

Reading that Shenmue thread has me in stitches - half of the posters in that thread won't even like the game when it comes out.

I remember Shenmue being an very acquired taste back in the day

cdyhybrid

Sup Nastrodamous

-------------------------

Reading that Shenmue thread has me in stitches - half of the posters in that thread won't even like the game when it comes out.

I remember Shenmue being an very acquired taste back in the day

Hype is a hell of a drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom