• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacir

Dave Grohl's documentary Sonic Highways is doing a good job showing how most American music is greatly influences by the black community. In the second episode Dave shows how Bad Brains was influential to the Washington D.C. punk scene. I just thought they were a part of it but they took the pre-existing punk and turned into a heavier and faster art form. They also went away from it being political and just made music about being a teenager.

Sounds Interesting. Mind if you share a link?

I'm assuming that someone got caught in the playing a character that isnt the same complexion as you? That thread is blowing up now

Thread please!

985fV0md.jpg

tumblr_lyjozetj7O1qlw12eo1_500.png

Yes, she was in The Cosby Show. This is in relation to her semi-natural hairstyle.

OK, got it.

Young Magus

I feel like my post from the NAACP thread just became a little more relevant.

It never gets irrelevant, good post.

Now we just need one for Stacy Dash and Larry Elder.

I saw what he said about the NAACP story.
Fuck him.

But man, this shit is a painful as fuck cycle: White dude does harmful shit/kills minority member, Events are reported, "Mental illness"/"Well he was/wasn't always like this"/"We need to focus on the real issues"/"This is not an issue about race" talking head arguement ensues, event is over and nothing is done until the next tragedy occurs.

Man my misanthropy is coming up again.

Onemic

That thread is kind of pointless. No one who honestly feels that way is going to admit to it, and some of us almost never have a choice, it's either be the white guy or don't play.

Anyway, the media's not even trying to hide how badly they troll black america with the Charleston shooting

That's what I thought, then I saw that the thread got to 11 pages so I assumed that someone must have outted themselves

Young Magus

Don lemon got called an uncle tom on live television

https://twitter.com/MarkAgee/status/611622232696205313

Wonder if they have more of her apprentice online. She interrupted other segments and/or said more things iirc.

She clearly failed history in elementary school

.......Like how the fuck can you allow yourselve to be that fucking stupid. She needs to pick up a book/phone/tablet and like wiki black folk in america or someshit.

Anyway, the media's not even trying to hide how badly they troll black america with the Charleston shooting

Quotes/Examples?

Love the feeling of getting some brand new headphones. In "listening to bass-heavy music all day" mode.

Type of headphones?

Bought some expensive 50 cent headphones a while back after going through several cheap ones. They are good and best of all are indestructible.
Lol Took me a while to realize what you meant. I forgot he even made headphones. I'm currently in the market for some new cans myself so I'll remember that

Numb

Lol Took me a while to realize what you meant. I forgot he even made headphones. I'm currently in the market for some new cans myself so I'll remember that

Hehe i just saw that.
This is exactly them.
50centsmsheadphones.jpg

I had them for a couple of years now and they still feel great and look new.
Still pisses me off that i actually convinced myself to pay that amount of money for headphones of all things.
They must be cheap by now but it won't do you harm to get decent ones at a good price if you look enough.

Gattsu25

Banned
Bottom ones look cool. Bottom right seems like a more popping version.
Top left looks cool aswell so i would go for that if i were you.

Ha, I moved it to another thread but thanks for the response.

Think I'll go top left as well.

Edit: wow, that's a severe drop in quality...
Edit2: Converted from PNG to JPG and the quality isn't degraded nearly as much anymore after uploading to the forum.

vs
image.php

jmood88

It never gets irrelevant, good post.

I saw what he said about the NAACP story.
Fuck him.

But man, this shit is a painful as fuck cycle: White dude does harmful shit/kills minority member, Events are reported, "Mental illness"/"Well he was/wasn't always like this"/"We need to focus on the real issues"/"This is not an issue about race" talking head arguement ensues, event is over and nothing is done until the next tragedy occurs.

Man my misanthropy is coming up again.
He went into the fucking church and said "I'm here to kill black people", his friends say he's racist, and he's wearing white supremacist paraphernalia, yet it's not about race. That shit makes me mad as hell.

Africanus

Trying to find a way to respond to something and I require assistance.

As I was scrolling through my twitter, I happened to notice that one of my peers (Girl B) posted the nonsense "Don't all lives matter..."
Liked only by 7 white people for some reason

I became mildly disgusted, until I read the responses to it below.

Girl A: "They do, but that's not the point now."
Girl B: "Yes this is exactly the point right now."
Girl A: "When a black man gets away with hate crimes of killing white people then i'll shout all lives matter until then chill."
Girl B: http://www.westernjournalism.com/uh-oh-black-police-officer-shoots-unarmed-white-man-wheres-riot/

She literally selected the first site that confirmed her views, a right wing one that uses such delectable terms as "race-baiting" and "rioting".

I think she deleted that link soon afterwards. My problem is, I'm not sure what angle to tackle this at, if at all.

Merc_

He went into the fucking church and said "I'm here to kill black people", his friends say he's racist, and he's wearing white supremacist paraphernalia, yet it's not about race. That shit makes me mad as hell.

I really wonder what it must be like to say blatantly dishonest shit like that. I wanna know how people on fox news rationalize this kind of shit to themselves. I really wonder if they understand just how fucking awful and evil they truly are.

jmood88

I really wonder what it must be like to say blatantly dishonest shit like that. I wanna know how people on fox news rationalize this kind of shit to themselves. I really wonder if they understand just how fucking awful and evil they truly are.
I try to look at things from other people's point of view but I have absolutely no idea how you can look at this and say it's not about race and/or try to say that they were only targeted because of their religion.

Young Magus

Its fucking disgusting really. People will ignore the facts as long as it makes their world view make since.

Trying to find a way to respond to something and I require assistance.

As I was scrolling through my twitter, I happened to notice that one of my peers (Girl B) posted the nonsense "Don't all lives matter..."
Liked only by 7 white people for some reason

I became mildly disgusted, until I read the responses to it below.

Girl A: "They do, but that's not the point now."
Girl B: "Yes this is exactly the point right now."
Girl A: "When a black man gets away with hate crimes of killing white people then i'll shout all lives matter until then chill."
Girl B: http://www.westernjournalism.com/uh-oh-black-police-officer-shoots-unarmed-white-man-wheres-riot/

She literally selected the first site that confirmed her views, a right wing one that uses such delectable terms as "race-baiting" and "rioting".

I think she deleted that link soon afterwards. My problem is, I'm not sure what angle to tackle this at, if at all.

Link her articles that tell the actual story and have facts that go along with them. Or just bring up articles from The Atlantic......ya just do that.

They do.....but its work to them no ethics.

Upgrade? Whaaaat, I'm still psyched that the cable detaches on this and that it came with 3 of them, ha.

Not anytime soon, bout 2-5 years.

I try to look at things from other people's point of view but I have absolutely no idea how you can look at this and say it's not about race and/or try to say that they were only targeted because of their religion.

Somewhere our there, a warped mind is spinning this around.

Side-Note: Jon Stewart nailed it in the opening on the Daily Show.

RedSwirl

So a few years ago most stores near me stopped selling Baken-Ets Fried Pork Skins, particularly the spicy ones.

Come to find out they still sell them at the gas station. The gas station three minutes up the road from where I life. Is it wrong to regularly go shopping for actual food from a gas station where you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom