• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Africanus

So a few years ago most stores near me stopped selling Baken-Ets Fried Pork Skins, particularly the spicy ones.

Come to find out they still sell them at the gas station. The gas station three minutes up the road from where I life. Is it wrong to regularly go shopping for actual food from a gas station where you live?

I wouldn't think so. Stores around me stopped selling this particular brand of honey bun I like, so now I travel to this one shell gas station that happens to always have them.
Just turns out that way sometimes.

Dereck

Come to find out they still sell them at the gas station. The gas station three minutes up the road from where I life. Is it wrong to regularly go shopping for actual food from a gas station where you live?
If that's wrong I don't wanna be right.

I really like lemonade, I'll drink any lemonade, easy, but I have my favorites.

I don't fuck with Minute Maid unless it's the only choice, because there's so much sugar in it.

There's a brand of lemonade I fancy, this gas station down the street is the only place that sells it, and it's close.

It's Natural Cabana, and I fucks wit it

Order

So a few years ago most stores near me stopped selling Baken-Ets Fried Pork Skins, particularly the spicy ones.

Shiieeeet, everyday I walk to the gas station to get some chips with cheese.

Akainu

i've been staying away from the news about the shooting but saw that bit from fox news on the nightly show. but and i'm sorry if i offend anyone but has there ever been a black person on fox that was just straight cooning? i'm sure obama has been on there once or twice so he doesn't count.
first good second how did duck lips become a thing?

Sounds Interesting. Mind if you share a link?

It's on HBO go.

Series is called Foo Fighters Sonic Highways. The basic gist of the series is Dave wanted the Foo Fighters to record 8 songs while making a documentary about each of the 8 cites they were recording in. Even the episode about Nashville's country music scene is interesting. It's just really cool if you want a good insight to American music.

One thing I like is that each studio influences the sound of the songs.

Young Magus

Dabanton

lol Fox, damn, hate to see this happen to him, but he was asking for it. Absolutely embarrassing.

Yep. Copying and pasting shit from the internet and not giving credit to the originators is pretty silly. All it takes is a google search to see if you've been stealing words.

And now he has a Brian Williams tag, his posts will never be taken seriously again, oh my

Yep. Copying and pasting shit from the internet and not giving credit to the originators is pretty silly. All it takes is a google search to see if you've been stealing words.

And now he has a Brian Williams tag, his posts will never be taken seriously again, oh my

Not to mention how happy some people are to divert the conversation away from the racism and death

Jacir

It's on HBO go.

Series is called Foo Fighters Sonic Highways. The basic gist of the series is Dave wanted the Foo Fighters to record 8 songs while making a documentary about each of the 8 cites they were recording in. Even the episode about Nashville's country music scene is interesting. It's just really cool if you want a good insight to American music.

One thing I like is that each studio influences the sound of the songs.

I'll check this out then. Thanks again.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Trying to find a way to respond to something and I require assistance.

As I was scrolling through my twitter, I happened to notice that one of my peers (Girl B) posted the nonsense "Don't all lives matter..."
Liked only by 7 white people for some reason

I became mildly disgusted, until I read the responses to it below.

Girl A: "They do, but that's not the point now."
Girl B: "Yes this is exactly the point right now."
Girl A: "When a black man gets away with hate crimes of killing white people then i'll shout all lives matter until then chill."
Girl B: http://www.westernjournalism.com/uh-oh-black-police-officer-shoots-unarmed-white-man-wheres-riot/

She literally selected the first site that confirmed her views, a right wing one that uses such delectable terms as "race-baiting" and "rioting".

I think she deleted that link soon afterwards. My problem is, I'm not sure what angle to tackle this at, if at all.

Why even respond? Why in the hell do we feel the need to give the time of day to people like that? It becomes an internet shouting match. I just sit back, take note and appreciate them for showing their true colors.

NvsWTUZ.gif

Sou Da

Hey GS. Glad you're back.

People in the place to be - I've got less than 2 weeks to go on my Kickstarter. I haven't been plugging it in the thread much, but I'd appreciate it if you took a look. Latest update just went up after hitting a stretch goal today, releasing new artwork for all backers :)

YLqzjPp.jpg

Appreciate it. No more signal boosts out of nowhere until probably 48 hours out.

You ain't done shit for me though.

I'll throw some in there next week, when I get paid.

RP912

Banned
Bumping some Schoolly D got me feeling a little home sick. I miss Philly, but screw moving back up there. I like my ice tea brewed.

So I was listening to the latest TWIB and at the very end of the episode they Elon James White was talking about how Magneto was his favorite mutant because everything he says is applicable to black people. And from the limited knowledge that I have about him, I have to agree. If you replace everything he says about mutants and put in black people, it would still apply logically. I'm gonna read up more and see what I've been missing.

I wonder what makes Professor X then.

Onemic

So I was listening to the latest TWIB and at the very end of the episode they Elon James White was talking about how Magneto was his favorite mutant because everything he says is applicable to black people. And from the limited knowledge that I have about him, I have to agree. If you replace everything he says about mutants and put in black people, it would still apply logically. I'm gonna read up more and see what I've been missing.

I wonder what makes Professor X then.

Magneto is Malcom X and Xavier is MLK

God I hate that analogy. Neither fit. At all. I honestly think that analogy does a huge disservice to both historical figures.

I'd say Magento and Xavier are wacky mirror versions of Marcus Garvey and Booker T Washington respectively. There is a Jewish historical figure that has even more similarities to Magneto but I forgot his name.

I just think the MLK/Malcolm analogy for the X-Men needs to die off. Especially since we shouldn't need analogies to talk about race in comics by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom