• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

The mutant allegory to civil rights in comics never fit for me personally because mutants are clearly super human. Above human. Blacks are human, which is the fundamental point of civil rights.

You just can't square people who can lift bridges with their mind and summon tornados at will with conventional parameters.

Y'all seen this bullshit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ3StlnpIQM

Basically a video of a black woman worried about how ir dating will be affected by this recent attack at the church.

I don't care if y'all go out and date other races and shit but to be like well Black men ain't shit and white men are so much better is some bullshit. I'm getting tired of this division of black men and women. I'm lucky to be around alot of black people from different walks of life that aren't on this shit.

ReiGun

The mutant allegory to civil rights in comics never fit for me personally because mutants are clearly super human. Above human. Blacks are human, which is the fundamental point of civil rights.

You just can't square people who can lift bridges with their mind and summon tornados at will with conventional parameters.

Mutants work best as a general metaphor for discrimination. It starts to fall apart if you tie it too closely to any one thing. The X-Men has their own issues with discrimination in their stories that, because the comics operate on such a grandiose scale, won't be applicable to black people (or gays or women or whomever) 1:1.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Man I keep forgetting not to get heated on gaming. If regular joes will defend anything in OT, Gamers will certainly whine about anything in gaming. I don't know it if was mentioned here or a conversation I had in real life but I feel like the modern gamer is entitled as fuck. Like sometimes people get away from the reason we're here, which is to, uh y'know, play games? Reading shit like "ugh the protagonist is a girl??? Fuck this game never playing it" or ridiculous opinions like "they decided to make this over metroid??? Let's vandalize the wiki for this game" is just straight up pathetic. Lol I'm literally arguing with people getting mad at Nintendo because Mario maker doesn't have YouTube uploading. Like really? Your whole decision on buying this game was the ability to get your 5 subscribers to watch you fail a Mario level?

RP912

Banned
Man I keep forgetting not to get heated on gaming. If regular joes will defend anything in OT. Gamers will certainly whine about anything in gaming. I don't know it if was mentioned here or a conversation I had in real life but I feel like the modern gamer is entitled as fuck. Like sometimes people get away from the reason we're here, which is to, uh y'know, play games?

After the shitstorm caused by E3, I really gave up on caring about gamers in 2015. This is why I seriously wish that video games had a little bit more seclusion. The moment gamers felt higher than the business and their fucks matter....they feel like the industry owes them something. I wish the gaming industry would be like fuck them, we making money.

This is why I enjoyed EA's conference. They didn't care about pleasing anybody but the industry.

Numb

Man I keep forgetting not to get heated on gaming. If regular joes will defend anything in OT, Gamers will certainly whine about anything in gaming. I don't know it if was mentioned here or a conversation I had in real life but I feel like the modern gamer is entitled as fuck. Like sometimes people get away from the reason we're here, which is to, uh y'know, play games? Reading shit like "ugh the protagonist is a girl??? Fuck this game never playing it" or ridiculous opinions like "they decided to make this over metroid??? Let's vandalize the wiki for this game" is just straight up pathetic. Lol I'm literally arguing with people getting mad at Nintendo because Mario maker doesn't have YouTube uploading. Like really? Your whole decision on buying this game was the ability to get your 5 subscribers to watch you fail a Mario level?

When people will petition to unmake a game is when you know to stop caring what they say and do. How did it even get to the point where you want a new game that isn't out or tested to be unmade? Crazy.

RP912

Banned
The fact that EA had to come out and explain why they are putting Women in FIfa makes me fucking ill. I mean how much of a closed minded individual you have to be to feel like "where's da menz at" so you can gain a complete experience in a video game?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
After the shitstorm caused by E3, I really gave up on caring about gamers in 2015. This is why I seriously wish that video games had a little bit more seclusion. The moment gamers felt higher than the business and their fucks matter....they feel like the industry owes them something. I wish the gaming industry would be like fuck them, we making money.

This is why I enjoyed EA's conference. They didn't care about pleasing anybody but the industry.
yeah but then we got companies like Sony perpetuating this shit by bringing in fabled games rumored for years and making money off of it. It just twists the industry more. Gaming use to be about the spectacle of what was coming next. Now it's about the instant gratification of publishers giving us our just due. If you like a game buy it. If you don't fucking on to the next one.

When people will petition to unmake a game is when you know to stop caring what they say and do. How did it even get to the point where you want a new game that isn't out or tested to be unmade? Crazy.
lol I just don't know anymore man. I was on game chat with my homie last night and he was still creaming about a game that came out in 1997. Publishers feed off the current vitrole of the industry. Like destiny one of the best selling games of last year. People continually shit on it but we got the same dudes willing to pay for this new 40 dollar expansion and destiny 2 when it comes out lol.

RP912

Banned
yeah but then we got companies like Sony perpetuating this shit by bringing in fabled games rumored for years and making money off of it. It just twists the industry more. Gaming use to be about the spectacle of what was coming next. Now it's about the instant gratification of publishers giving us our just due. If you like a game buy it. If you don't fucking on to the next one.

lol I just don't know anymore man. I was on game chat with my homie last night and he was still creaming about a game that came out in 1997

Indeed. It's funny how folks are hyped up for a company doing the same shit the other company was doing. We suppose to be going forward...not ass backwards. Don't get me wrong I love a good remake if it's done right, but seriously....the Sony conference proved that people will fall for anything in 2015 if you throw "fan fare" in the mix.

Gattsu25

Banned
I had a really shitty day at work today...and I come home to be greeted by some republican fuckery
DC0NzMq.jpg

https://twitter.com/BryanJFischer/status/611592528543023104

I had a really shitty day at work today...and I come home to be greeted by some republican fuckery
DC0NzMq.jpg

https://twitter.com/BryanJFischer/status/611592528543023104

I hope these guys know they can't actually force anyone to buy a gun if they don't want to. Like it still wouldn't have been the fault of the church if it was legal and they just didn't want to buy any so I don't know why these gun nuts are pushing this "If only the pastor had a gun" bs as though he'd want one or have a chance to pull it in the first place. Unless they believe we should be completely suspicious of random white people and be as ready to kill them as they are us.

JC's post in that fifty shades thread. Good lord.

He got banned again?

Is anyone trying to see Dope this weekend? I went to go see Inside Out at 4, but found out it was sold out and tried to see if the $3 dollar theatre near me would show Dope, but the manager said no and I asked if they're going to show Straight Outta Compton when it comes out and he said it came out already which I know it's a lie, because anyone could Google it and it says August 14th. I think that theatre has given up on black movies. They didn't show Selma or 12 Years a Slave when they were out either.

I'm hype to see it and it looks good to me, but the only thing bothering me is pitching it as some sort of movie involving geeks. No, those teens are not geeks. Being into hip-hop isn't considered geeky and 90's fashion has made a comeback.

Sou Da

He got banned again?

Is anyone trying to see Dope this weekend? I went to go see Inside Out at 4, but found out it was sold out and tried to see if the $3 dollar theatre near me would show Dope, but the manager said no and I asked if they're going to show Straight Outta Compton when it comes out and he said it came out already which I know it's a lie, because anyone could Google it and it says August 14th. I think that theatre has given up on black movies. They didn't show Selma or 12 Years a Slave when they were out either.

I'm hype to see it and it looks good to me, but the only thing bothering me is pitching it as some sort of movie involving geeks. No, those teens are not geeks. Being into hip-hop isn't considered geeky and 90's fashion has made a comeback.

Yeah I wrote that movie off the minute I heard the protagonist call himself a 'geek' and the other guys 'jocks'.

He got banned again?

yeah that's off but it's like a black take on those 80s teen movies so it sort of fits. fucking looks awesome, really excited to see it.

Slayven

Samara

Now that I know that Dreams still checks in here, that singer I alerted you to awhile back has a new song out, and it's one of my favorite songs of the year.

Unstoppable

http://i.imgur.com/We9HnCO.gif[/
img][/QUOTE]

That's amazing. I'll have something to listen tonight. Simple yet beautiful video too. Can't wait to get my hair like that again.

About the church shooting...i can't even comment much on it. I watched the begining of the movie 'Aminata' and cried a lot. It just hurts. R.I.P to the victims

Now that I know that Dreams still checks in here, that singer I alerted you to awhile back has a new song out, and it's one of my favorite songs of the year.

Unstoppable

We9HnCO.gif

both flawless and hypnotizing.

*bookmarks*

Damn it...where do they build them like this. They aren't in SoFla.

edit: and why have I never heard of AfroPunk Fest??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSUGGLTEImg

edit: damn, Esperanza may have to step to the side.

edit: and she can teach me how to play my guitar

edit: and this accent! *melted*

Rachel Dolezal sings too? is there nothing that woman won't do

lol what the fuck is this comment

royalan

Rachel Dolezal sings too? is there nothing that woman won't do

See, I knew it. I knew that THIS would be the real damage done by that triflin', in-need-of-Jesus ass -- Lord, let me NOT.

Black women only JUST brought back the natural twist-out.

Now it's going to be years before they can rock it without getting, "Oh, so you doin the Rachel?"

Evil. Just evil.

See, I knew it. I knew that THIS would be the real damage done by that triflin', in-need-of-Jesus ass -- Lord, let me NOT.

Black women only JUST brought back the natural twist-out.

Now it's going to be years before they can rock it without getting, "Oh, so you doin the Rachel?"

Evil. Just evil.

all in good fun gentlemen. (gentlewomen?)

But yes, the natural look has been set back 20 years by that wackjob. totally agree.

Mumei

Unstoppable

We9HnCO.gif

When you aren't waxing delusional about Christina's anything, you have fantastic taste. Thanks. <3

Yo happy Juneteenth to all.

You know, I didn't even know what Juneteenth was (or that it was a thing at all) until a few years ago. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom