• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
somebody stop this man please
CIJwjAeUwAEz7Ze.jpg

*on bended knees*

THANK YOU GOD, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

OS is for pre-teens and teens

Cowboy Bebop is for more of the adult crowd

RP912

Banned
Samurai Champloo>>>>>>>all those other animes :/

On some real shit, Anime was great in the 80s/90s. What the hell happened? I can't get into most of the stuff that's out because it doesn't have the ruthless aggression of old school anime.

Slayven

Samurai Champloo>>>>>>>all those other animes :/

On some real shit, Anime was great in the 80s/90s. What the hell happened? I can't get into most of the stuff that's out because it doesn't have the ruthless aggression of old school anime.

Anime had more variety in the 80s and 90s/

RP912

Banned
Anime had more variety in the 80s and 90s/

Indeed. For every Wicked City, there was something like Akira. Beside Champloo, I like Attack on Titan...but all the other stuff that's suggested in here...I'm like "if only there was a free trial to Crunchy Roll because I'm looking lost".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Slayven's so old his first experience with animation was either a flip book or Steamboat Willie

I grew up on Fist of the North Star. Back when that and the shitty Fatal Fury movies were the only real things you could find over here without buying some Curse of the Overfiend shit.

Slayven's so old his first experience with animation was either a flip book or Steamboat Willie

I grew up on Fist of the North Star. Back when that and the shitty Fatal Fury movies were the only real things you could find over here without buying some Curse of the Overfiend shit.

Oh man, those Fatal Fury movies. Reminds me of the Blockbuster struggle. Most of the animated movie I used to rent from there were straight garbage.

And well, this song

i remember watching that back in the UK on the Sci Fi channel uncut, ah the memories

RP912

Banned

Fist of the North Star was the shit.

My first anime was Vampire Hunter D. I remember when "The Sci Fi Channel" first launched and they used to have anime Saturdays. I remember seeing Vampire Hunter D for the first time and was blown away when that leech thing killed ole girl's horse. So good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fist of the North Star was the shit.

My first anime was Vampire Hunter D. I remember when "The Sci Fi Channel" first launched and they used to have anime Saturdays. I remember seeing Vampire Hunter D for the first time and was blown away when that leech thing killed ole girl's horse. So good.

Oh, and Ninja Scroll movie. That dude with the nest on his back is what made me realize I have a problem with geometric shapes in nature. BRRRGGHHHH gross

Slayven

dont lie, your first anime was probably cardcaptor sakura or some shit

dont hate
You jealous cause your first anime was La Blue Girl

Oh man, those Fatal Fury movies. Reminds me of the Blockbuster struggle. Most of the animated movie I used to rent from there were straight garbage.

And well, this song
Fatal Fury was greatness, greatess dub ever.

But that Tekken struggle movie? Hottess of garbage

RP912

Banned
Was hoping this was a link to a How Did This Get Made episode where June asks "What exactly is...A Street Fighter?"

I was howling with laughter on that episode. Fantastic show.

I didn't know they did an episode for Street Fighter 2 lol. I was in tears with the Ernest Goes to Jail episode.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't know they did an episode for Street Fighter 2 lol. I was in tears with the Ernest Goes to Jail episode.

Incredible show, definitely seek out the SF movie, and I also recommend...pretty much all of them. Favorite was Punisher War Zone but it's amazing on multiple levels

Onemic

Fuerte's design is absolute trash (even if he was one of my mains online), no doubt. But Viper isn't anywhere near as bad.

Shes not, but her design is still bad. She circumvents everything that makes street fighter, street fighter.

If she comes back in SFV, they'd need to do a complete overhaul of her design to not make her look even more out of place than she did in SF4.

Shes not, but her design is still bad. She circumvents everything that makes street fighter, street fighter.

If she comes back in SFV, they'd need to do a complete overhaul of her design to not make her look even more out of place than she did in SF4.

To me, that's part of the appeal. I like that type of out of place characters like her and Q. She's a secret agent mom, wondering why all these random fighters don't got jobs. Then again, what makes street fighter, street fighter aesthetically?

Onemic

To me, that's part of the appeal. I like that type of out of place characters like her and Q. She's a secret agent mom, wondering why all these random fighters don't got jobs. Then again, what makes street fighter, street fighter aesthetically?

I dont mean her looks or backstory, that's fine. Besides Juri she has the best character design of all the newcomers. I mean in terms of gameplay. She doesnt have to play the same type of game that all the other characters in the game have to play(besides Fuerte) and its jarring as hell.

It's why I dont see her coming back for SFV unless they do a total redesign of her gameplay considering the design decisions that are being made in the sequel. Of all the newcomers in the game I really only see Juri coming back.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lol no not about that. Just unemployment in general, life, etc.

Good, still pulling for you. I never felt the same kind of dogshit feeling as I did when I was unemployed. It really wears you down and makes you feel like a piece of shit. Never want to return to that. Hope you get it. Keep us posted.

Lol no not about that. Just unemployment in general, life, etc.

I don't miss unemployment life at all. Or underemployment. I didn't even need my parents constant guilt tripping to feel terrible about it. (that didn't stop em though)

All that from just under two months of unemployment. Can't imagine a year or years. Not with the loans I got.

Stay strong. We're pulling for ya.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wasn't there some media slander of her recently for being public ally intoxicated at a pool party? Lol media is trash

If you have Netflix, check out the documentary on the National Enquirer. The seeds of the media we see today were planted back then. It is called, 'Enquiring Minds'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom