• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Good, still pulling for you. I never felt the same kind of dogshit feeling as I did when I was unemployed. It really wears you down and makes you feel like a piece of shit. Never want to return to that. Hope you get it. Keep us posted.

I don't miss unemployment life at all. Or underemployment. I didn't even need my parents constant guilt tripping to feel terrible about it. (that didn't stop em though)

All that from just under two months of unemployment. Can't imagine a year or years. Not with the loans I got.

Stay strong. We're pulling for ya.
being unemployed is my own fault, but it still sucks! Again, I appreciate the support from everyone. It sucks being in a situation a year ago when I felt like everything was together financially but my life was going nowhere to my life going somewhere now but not being together financially. Some say I'm in the better position and some wouldn't, but shit if I don't want both for myself. Anyways, anyone in Cali want a 60" plasma? GAF discount! Lol

If you have Netflix, check out the documentary on the National Enquirer. The seeds of the media we see today were planted back then. It is called, 'Enquiring Minds'.
i'll have to check that out.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Good, still pulling for you. I never felt the same kind of dogshit feeling as I did when I was unemployed. It really wears you down and makes you feel like a piece of shit. Never want to return to that. Hope you get it. Keep us posted.

I did 6 months of the unemployment life. So frustrating, so stressful, makes you feel so bad. The entire process of looking, applying, picturing yourself in that job, then getting that rejection email without even an interview is a kick in the nuts. I punch in the nuts is going on an interview, thinking you have a job and then getting the rejection letter. Don't get me started on "You are overqualified for this position".

You end up wanting to give up and start living the Thug Life. The fear of going back to that for another 6 months is the only thing keeping me at my current job. I would just walk the fuck out of here if those memories weren't so fresh.

Hating work just to get a check doesn't last long. You end up not giving a fuck, your attitude sucks, your work suffers and you end up getting fired anyway. There is a balance though. You have to find that job that either you really like or you don't hate enough to be miserable.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I did 6 months of the unemployment life. So frustrating, so stressful, makes you feel so bad. The entire process of looking, applying, picturing yourself in that job, then getting that rejection email without even an interview is a kick in the nuts. I punch in the nuts is going on an interview, thinking you have a job and then getting the rejection letter. Don't get me started on "You are overqualified for this position".

You end up wanting to give up and start living the Thug Life. The fear of going back to that for another 6 months is the only thing keeping me at my current job. I would just walk the fuck out of here if those memories weren't so fresh.
Biting my nails right now.

dskillzhtown

Biting my nails right now.

Keep being positive, that helps alot. I have been there. You can't truly appreciate a pay check until you have been there. Hell, I interviewed for a job they were about to extend the offer and then they had a layoff and my to-be boss got let go. In the end, you find something and your life gets back on track. I got this gig right when I was about to lose my house. One more month and I would have been on the streets.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Keep being positive, that helps alot. I have been there. You can't truly appreciate a pay check until you have been there. Hell, I interviewed for a job they were about to extend the offer and then they had a layoff and my to-be boss got let go. In the end, you find something and your life gets back on track. I got this gig right when I was about to lose my house. One more month and I would have been on the streets.
Lol I got a month left too. Hopefully I get that same good fortune.

Jacir

Those Taraji photos.

Taraji-P-Henson-W-Magazine-July-2015-Issue-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-TLO-1.jpg

Good god.

She is a fine cookie. Eat it for days son.

RedSwirl

Entering my fourth year. It is not fun.

RP912

Banned
Entering my fourth year. It is not fun.

Over three years for me. I remember feeling like a complete failure and losing all hope for myself. Eventually I ended up with a good job where I was a Computer Instructor, and during that time I realize that there's more to me than just a 9 to 5. I'm worth more than just a simple paycheck. After I moved back to my old place and tried the Walmart gig, I just said fuck it and went full time student. I get a gig once a blue moon, but I know where my heart is at and that's finishing school.

Folks that are caught up with the struggle of finding a job. Don't let that struggle devalue your self worth, and don't let the job make you...you make the job.

dskillzhtown

It's nice to finally see mass market pushback on the Confederate flag. Too bad 9 people had to die for it to happen.

It's bittersweet for sure. All these retailers thought it was all good just a week ago, but if it is gone it is gone. The biggest flag maker in the country also announced they were discontinuing manufacturing and selling of the flag. I am more pleased and shocked at the states attempting to remove the flag. I never thought an elected GOP official in Mississippi would be claiming that it is time for it to go.

RP912

Banned
After the bullshit of last gen and somewhat current gen. I went back to PC gaming for the better and never looked back. It just makes my eye twitch when folks get all up in arms about consoles when PC gets shitted on a regular basis when it comes down to AAA games (ahem Batman AK). At the end of the day, fanboy wars will keep going until all three companies come out with a super console which will never happen.

Young Magus

Got sucked into that VentureBeat article, but I'm not getting paid, so why continue.

How do you nukkas never get involved in these console wars?

Simple,

Its called being comfortable/secure with what you buy....no need for you to prove how your system is best or how other systems are worth.

dskillzhtown

Got sucked into that VentureBeat article, but I'm not getting paid, so why continue.

How do you nukkas never get involved in these console wars?

No. I think console wars are some of the dumbest things I have ever seen. It isn't really unique though. There are Ford vs Chevy was, Nikon vs Canon wars, Vizio vs Samsung, etc. People want to justify their purchase and be on the "Winning side". I don't get it. I have seen grown men try to down other consoles.

I like Halo and Forza so I buy Xbox. It's that simple. I am sure Sony has great stuff going on too, but those are two games I really like. I don't feel the need to down the PS4 because I like Xbox.

Outlaw Star > Cowboy Bebop is such a strange argument

like arguing Jerk Chicken > Ox Tail as if you wouldn't clean the plate on both?

dos it even matter which is better when both are amazing?

Slayven

Outlaw Star > Cowboy Bebop is such a strange argument

like arguing Jerk Chicken > Ox Tail as if you wouldn't clean the plate on both?

dos it even matter which is better when both are amazing?

No, as long as we can all agree anything and everything that involves Eva is straight hepatitis simplex 343 ass juice.

RedSwirl

I thought people in general grew out of console wars after the PS2 era. Back then it at least somewhat made sense. The consoles had really distinct libraries from one another. Now they're like competing cable companies or operating systems. People make their choices between Mac and Windows but they don't shout at each other about it all day.

Spinluck

I thought people in general grew out of console wars after the PS2 era. Back then it at least somewhat made sense. The consoles had really distinct libraries from one another. Now they're like competing cable companies or operating systems. People make their choices between Mac and Windows but they don't shout at each other about it all day.

I think last gen is where it was at its worst.

Holy cow, I wonder if anyone remembers early last gen like I do? I wasn't on GAF then, but it was a shit show pretty much everywhere else.

I don't think there was much of it in the PS2 days since it basically went almost uncontested.

RP912

Banned

I dunno...there are some Mac heads that shit on Windows users in 2015, which is pretty fucking pathetic. I think the worst is when Linux dudes shit on Windows users, when they know for a FACT that they have to come back to Microsoft one point of their lives.

Onemic

Show was good, but it's by far the most overrated anime in existence. Example of a show where the creator had an interesting concept, but sorta failed in its execution. Its flaws were exactly what you stated, plus Shinji being the worst main character I've ever had to watch. The movie that supposedly helps explain the ending is just straight up bad. Aside from that though, the battles were pretty sick and the non Shinji related drama was pretty cool.

Young Magus

Show was good, but it's by far the most overrated anime in existence. Example of a show where the creator had an interesting concept, but sorta failed in its execution. Its flaws were exactly what you stated, plus Shinji being the worst main character I've ever had to watch. The movie that supposedly helps explain the ending is just straight up bad. Aside from that though, the battles were pretty sick and the non Shinji related drama was pretty cool.

Fully agree with this,

Understood what the creator was going for but......it could have been better in many areas.

How you mean. ? sorry.
Well, you can make a chat on PSN..pretty sure there's no limit in folks that can be invited. It's ultimately used as a central hub fir folks to talk crap, set up a game, yada yada..(used to roll with WarframeGAF that way). Was just wondering if anything like that was established already, or if it was non-existent..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom