• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Show was good, but it's by far the most overrated anime in existence. Example of a show where the creator had an interesting concept, but sorta failed in its execution. Its flaws were exactly what you stated, plus Shinji being the worst main character I've ever had to watch. The movie that supposedly helps explain the ending is just straight up bad. Aside from that though, the battles were pretty sick and the non Shinji related drama was pretty cool.
In a lot of ANime and Toku this shit happens. The creator doesn't know when to stop.

Well, you can make a chat on PSN..pretty sure there's no limit in folks that can be invited. It's ultimately used as a central hub fir folks to talk crap, set up a game, yada yada..(used to roll with WarframeGAF that way). Was just wondering if anything like that was established already, or if it was non-existent..
we need to

Shy

It's overwritten pseudo intellectual bullshit.
I agree that's it's a bit overwritten and pseudo intellectual, at times. but i can't help but like it.
One of the reasons i like it, was it had a very hopeful ending, which was telling otakus that everything was going to be ok, and they didn't have to be afraid. (which make the fact the point flew over their heads and they sent him death threats, a bit sad.)

Then Anno wrote end of eva as a fuck you to everyone who sent him a death threat, which makes it a good watch.
Well, you can make a chat on PSN..pretty sure there's no limit in folks that can be invited. It's ultimately used as a central hub fir folks to talk crap, set up a game, yada yada..(used to roll with WarframeGAF that way). Was just wondering if anything like that was established already, or if it was non-existent..
Ahhh, i didn't know that, i thought it was limited to 8 people like 360 parties were. cool

Onemic

I agree that's it's a bit overwritten at times, and pseudo intellectual.
One of the reasons i like it, was it had a very hopeful ending, which was telling otakus that it everything was going to be ok, and they didn't have to be afraid. (which make the fact the point flew over their heads a bit sad.)

Then Anno wrote end of eva as a fuck you to everyone who sent him a death threat, which makes it a good watch.

Ahhh, i didn't know that, i thought it was limited to 8 people like 360 parties were. cool

End of Eva is sooooo bad. It's nothing but trash.

Slayven

The copycat was even worse

RahXephon_dvdcover3_adv.jpg

Shy

Already started it. Only sent invite to folks on my PSN that were offline, as to not pull anyone away from a game they're playing. Like I said, pretty sure people can invite others as well..though we should keep it BCT
Cool Cool, i'll have to check it out some time. Can't at the mo. sorry.

RedSwirl

I think last gen is where it was at its worst.

Holy cow, I wonder if anyone remembers early last gen like I do? I wasn't on GAF then, but it was a shit show pretty much everywhere else.

I don't think there was much of it in the PS2 days since it basically went almost uncontested.

I think it was worse because console fanboys had to dig harder for reasons their particular console was better. PS3 and 360 had almost all the same games so the differences discussed instead were the operating systems and really small quirks in the hardware or online services. Today we've got that and people jumping all over meh-level exclusives like The Order.

I mean, if I jumped into that space I might be more likely to get a PS4 over an Xbox One, but I don't feel THAT strongly about it.

The copycat was even worse

RahXephon_dvdcover3_adv.jpg

Ahhhh, Rahxephon, i never seen it, but i heard it was super pretentious. lol.

I thought the dub was pretty good though.

Now this...

nvgLgxU.jpg

Alright..21 of y'all invited. Neojubei first to shout. If I'm correct, it stays up until the last person exists..obviously the phone app can be used with ease for chatting as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This anime conversation has lasted all day. :(

I kept checking in at work, wondering when it would end...

B0f13Yl.gif

Just tell people to stfu and talk about real important stuff like...

like uh...

Crocodile

I remember liking Fruit Loops and Apple Jacks as a kid but going back to some of those super sugary cereals as an adult is hard. I remember buying and trying I think some Waffle Crisp years ago thinking, "didn't I like this as a kid?". Almost threw up trying to eat that :(

Outlaw Star>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cowboy Bebop

No.

They are both good though

Samurai Champloo>>>>>>>all those other animes :/

On some real shit, Anime was great in the 80s/90s. What the hell happened? I can't get into most of the stuff that's out because it doesn't have the ruthless aggression of old school anime.

Nothing happened, they are still making good stuff. Nostalgia, "holy shit I've never seen anything like this" factor wearing off, stronger filtering in the past (so you never saw or were made aware of most of the crap that got made in the past but 100% existed), changing tastes as you age, etc. are what happened.

Anime had more variety in the 80s and 90s/

Did it? Some genres wax and wane and the OVA/movie market is weaker but the TV market, in terms of the amount of stuff getting produced, is bigger than ever.

Indeed. For every Wicked City, there was something like Akira. Beside Champloo, I like Attack on Titan...but all the other stuff that's suggested in here...I'm like "if only there was a free trial to Crunchy Roll because I'm looking lost".

Wicked City and Akira is a weird comparison since I wouldn't consider them the be the opposite ends of the medium at the time. If you want to talk variety but use only two data points, don't you want to go as wide as possible?

anybody remember Robot Carnival? That was my first experience with anime, shit was real

Yeah I remember that airing on Sci-Fi. Specifics are cloudy but I certainly remember a general feeling of WTFness.

Got sucked into that VentureBeat article, but I'm not getting paid, so why continue.

How do you nukkas never get involved in these console wars?

Keeping a calm head and caring more about actually playing videogames rather than arguing about them on the internet helps. When things get heated, taking breaks is also a good idea and always an option. Also not being an asshole in general helps :p

Outlaw Star > Cowboy Bebop is such a strange argument

like arguing Jerk Chicken > Ox Tail as if you wouldn't clean the plate on both?

dos it even matter which is better when both are amazing?

This analogy is hilarious <3

Show was good, but it's by far the most overrated anime in existence. Example of a show where the creator had an interesting concept, but sorta failed in its execution. Its flaws were exactly what you stated, plus Shinji being the worst main character I've ever had to watch. The movie that supposedly helps explain the ending is just straight up bad. Aside from that though, the battles were pretty sick and the non Shinji related drama was pretty cool.

I mean, to be fair, you aren't really supposed to like Shinji. A kid with problems put into an inherently fucked up situation reacting kind of appropriately. He was kind of a fuck boi but he kind of was supposed to be one.

I was just about to link that here, but saw your post.

Gaming side can go anywhere, man. There is always that one thread with one or more people saying some crazy shit. That one post about that guy not wanting tits and ass in his game because he's too manly still has me rolling.

Also, any good gameplay of Splatoon out on the net

I've been checking weekly/bi-weekly for a channel to show how deep the game can really get (like a channel similar to JackFrags or LevelCap) so I can see if its worth buying and all I get is ZackScottGames' vids which are...not satisfying me.

Think it will be a while before someone decides to dedicate their channel to Splatoon MP gameplay.

So I just got back from watching Dope.

I didn't really like it. No big lol moments. It's well-acted, but there's no chemistry on screen. Scenes move slow as molasses... I could go on and on. And as good as Chanel Imans ass looked bouncing around for ten minutes, it wasn't enough to save the movie for me.

It gave me similar feelings to when I was watching Spring Breakers. Like old man hollywood walked up and said: "Here ya go young person! A movie just for you!"

I swear, the next movie I go to where I see a Youtube timebar on the silver screen, I'm walking out and getting my money back.

gogosox82

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rHRKQ0DcuOU

Presented without comment about this foolishness he allows on his fuckin program without any objection.

Can't really say I'm surprised honestly. Notice how Lemon never actually challenges Egan and only challenges Madison after he calls out as the ridiculous nonsense it is. Also, Lemons's questions are just bad. He asks Madison to explain why Obama shouldn't apologize when Madison just explained why this is a stupid idea. Its like he's not even listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom