• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

I've already had a good chuckle from today's Supreme Court decision.

One that stuck out to me was some random person saying "I don't care if it's legal now. Slavery was once legal, would you like to see me in chains again?"

How does one get to that sort of thought process?
wh .......... what. ? lol

Dereck

Everyone wants to compare and contrast the black struggle, but don't nobody want to care about the black struggle
It's annoying as fuck when people want to compare and contrast struggles, it's simply missing the point, and it's just people shielding themselves from seeing the perspective.

Shy

Sorry to bother everyone on this Friday evening, but i got a question.

Are we cool, i haven't upset/pissed off anyone of with my post about apple yesterday, did i. ?
Did anyone see this about 4 fires caused at black churches within the past 5 days?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/...rolina-Georgia-and-Florida-in-the-past-5-days
*sigh* that's fucking disgusting.
I told myself I wouldn't post in that freemufasa thread. Fuck.
I know what you're saying, i just finished reading through it, and i said to myself nope, not gonna post.

Onemic

Are we cool, i haven't upset/pissed off anyone of with my post about apple yesterday, did i. ?

I know what you're saying, i just finished reading through it, and i said to myself nope, not gonna post.

fuck you shy, get outta this thread

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Fucking nice ass shy apologizing and shit. Lemmie see this post of yours.

Shy

fuck you shy, get outta this thread

I give this post five *sus* faces out of five
<3
Fucking nice ass shy apologizing and shit. Lemmie see this post of yours.
ohh god, i've Streisand effected that shit. :(
k8a2mLq.gif

Wynnebeck

Banned
Was in a 7-11 getting some juice when a baby blue Ford F150 roars by the store. In the truck were 3 guys who looked like Deliverance extras with a giant confederate flag waving in all its shitty glory from the back of the pickup. This was in Virginia. Never knew so many close friends of mine were closet racists.

Crocodile

It's odd feeling, but yes. America done good today.

And lawd are the religious members of Gaf and the internet as a whole showing their whole ass today. So salty.

As a religious person, hearing/seeing other people use religion to shit on other people are amongst the worst. Talk about missing the point :( I wonder if mass this Sunday will at all be awkward :/

The thread should have been titled "An open letter to Japanese gamers from Black Men" and put on Gaming side.

I expected worse when I walked into that thread. I don't know why people need to jump in with #notall_______ since that is always explicitly understood though. Happens all the time and its annoying. That open letter seems mild anyway to me but maybe that's because I'm Black and I know it applies to like most of the world anyway :/

Fuck this post though

He's saying "if I wanted a black woman I wouldn't be talking to you [a Japanese woman]. You don't need to act like one." I mean, I understand the sentiment and the fact that women of color aren't universally attractive to all black men, but it's still, uh... kinda suspect. Not worth derailing the main thread over though imo.

Slayven

I am shocked at how well my podunk town is handling this

http://wjbf.com/2015/06/26/judge-talks-same-sex-marriage-in-augusta/

AUGUSTA, GA — Georgia officials say that Friday’s Supreme Court decision immediately legalizes same-sex marriage in the state.

“Same-sex couples will now and can now marry and be recognized legally as a married couple,” Probate Judge Harry James said.

“They can come in right now. I think we were authorized to start accepting applications from same sex couples, I believe it was around 11 o’clock today,” James added.

Even though the state attorney general told the courts to move forward with same-sex marriage, James says that as of 3PM on Friday, nobody showed up or called about marriage licenses in Augusta.

“The only people who bothered to come in have been the media. We suspect we will probably get one or two later on today, if not today, then they will start coming in next week since the decision is so new,” James said.

For those looking to get married, the application process takes 20 to 30 minutes.

In Augusta, the cost of marriage license is $76.

Both parties must do the application together.

Next, the person performing the ceremony will have to sign the license and return it to the court.

Finally, the court will certify the license.

“They’re married as any other couple would be. Equal footing,” James said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom