• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably too late but that movie is worth it. Just the ride.

totally not turning out how I thought, still don't like how it edits the story together 20 minutes left in the movie

I'd still bang and marry her tho

and the movie is over..it should have ended 30 minutes sooner or better used one of the main characters

Kreed

That David Banner interview was near Damon Dash Breakfast Club levels, and I like David Banner. There are some good messages in there but it's mixed in with a whole lot of crazy/old man yelling from his porch talk (ex: integration being one of the worst things to happen to black people). My NOI friend would probably love this interview though, smh.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Last night I hit up the sports bar near my house to unwind and relax. I just wanted to get served a couple of drinks, maybe see some familiar faces, etc. This white chick sits next to me. I am not really in the mood to conversate, definitely not trying to hook up, so I ignore her. But she starts talking to me, asking me my name, among other things, trying hard to get me to talk to her. I noticed that she was either deaf or had some hearing issue based how she spoke. Sure enough in the conversation she tells me she is about 85% deaf, but can read lips to make up for it. So at this point I pretty much guilt-trip myself into entertaining desire to talk and be sure to turn towards her while speaking.

Man, she would fit on GAF perfectly. She had this crazy idea that she wants to get married but live in a separate house than her husband. Her idea was that they wouldn't get on each other's nerves that way. She said if they had a kid, they could alternate days and on Sundays they could all spend a few hours together. At this point I am looking around for cameras to see if I am being taped for some show. She then asks me if I want to go home with her and try to make a baby. I didn't have THAT many drinks to think that was a good idea. I told her that I had to go. She said she wanted me to think about it and we could try this weekend.

I hadn't had a weird experience like that in awhile.

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

andthebeatgoeson

totally not turning out how I thought, still don't like how it edits the story together 20 minutes left in the movie

and the movie is over..it should have ended 30 minutes sooner or better used one of the main characters
I can't cosign that spoiler. I'm just going to ignore your opinion

Jacir

Well waking up to another 'random' attack in France isnt surprising. A decapitated man was found in a french gas factory. This also happening during the month of Ramadan. How peaceful.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
(ex: integration being one of the worst things to happen to black people).

There was context to this though. He was saying when we had no choice we had to work together but now it's every man for himself no matter the cost.

Can't disagree with anything he said? This fucking dumbass lost me the moment he said that a man commenting on another man's opinions in "woman like."

PSA FOR STRAIGHT NIGGAS: STOP thinking that what you do is somehow NOT gossiping. WHENEVER y'all open them traps to talk about somebody else's business, you're gossiping!

I swear, dudes are always like, "I don't talk about people's shit, that's female shit..." But I swear to god some of the biggest mouths I've ever met have all been dudes.

Yeah, you right. I think something like this should be tweeted to him.
I'm guilty of it myself but you shouldn't have to belittle another group to make a valid point. It was a worthwhile interview if you decide to give it another chance.

Not addressing anyone in particular but I think people hear terms like manhood/womanhood and read too much into it. Shit just mean be a leader and take care of your responsibilities to me.

92t8BsS.jpg

what the hell is going on today ? 3 attacks?
Shit sad, hope nothing else happens.

Can't disagree with anything he said? This fucking dumbass lost me the moment he said that a man commenting on another man's opinions in "woman like."

PSA FOR STRAIGHT NIGGAS: STOP thinking that what you do is somehow NOT gossiping. WHENEVER y'all open them traps to talk about somebody else's business, you're gossiping!

I swear, dudes are always like, "I don't talk about people's shit, that's female shit..." But I swear to god some of the biggest mouths I've ever met have all been dudes.

Him and Umar get on my nerves with their "real men" bullshit. It always falls back to either blaming women, accusing men of emasculation (because of course feminine = bad), or both.

Speak of, way to go Supreme Court.

Kreed

There was context to this though. He was saying when we had no choice we had to work together but now it's every man for himself no matter the cost.

None of what you're saying relates to the tangent he went off on when he made that statement. At first he was talking about hip hop and artists "shucking and jiving" for success and integrating too much with US pop culture but then he clearly went off tangent into "integration being the worst thing to happen to black people" overall and said slavery was better because "we knew what we were fighting against" and that integration was designed to enslave us. Then he switched tangents back to Vlad's topic on the n-word.

Last night I hit up the sports bar near my house to unwind and relax. I just wanted to get served a couple of drinks, maybe see some familiar faces, etc. This white chick sits next to me. I am not really in the mood to conversate, definitely not trying to hook up, so I ignore her. But she starts talking to me, asking me my name, among other things, trying hard to get me to talk to her. I noticed that she was either deaf or had some hearing issue based how she spoke. Sure enough in the conversation she tells me she is about 85% deaf, but can read lips to make up for it. So at this point I pretty much guilt-trip myself into entertaining desire to talk and be sure to turn towards her while speaking.

Man, she would fit on GAF perfectly. She had this crazy idea that she wants to get married but live in a separate house than her husband. Her idea was that they wouldn't get on each other's nerves that way. She said if they had a kid, they could alternate days and on Sundays they could all spend a few hours together. At this point I am looking around for cameras to see if I am being taped for some show. She then asks me if I want to go home with her and try to make a baby. I didn't have THAT many drinks to think that was a good idea. I told her that I had to go. She said she wanted me to think about it and we could try this weekend.

I hadn't had a weird experience like that in awhile.

Getting the hell out of there was definitely the best course of action.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
None of what you're saying relates to the tangent he went off on when he made that statement. At first he was talking about hip hop and artists "shucking and jiving" for success and integrating too much with US pop culture but then he clearly went off tangent into "integration being the worst thing to happen to black people" overall and said slavery was better because "we knew what we were fighting against" and that integration was designed to enslave us. Then he switched tangents back to Vlad's topic on the n-word.

The hip hop point he made was spot on. Everything else is shaky.

This can't be a coincidence.

Trey

We talk shit about everyone under the sun in here, don't know how anyone can say we don't gossip, lol.

Africanus

I've already had a good chuckle from today's Supreme Court decision.

One that stuck out to me was some random person saying "I don't care if it's legal now. Slavery was once legal, would you like to see me in chains again?"

How does one get to that sort of thought process?

One that stuck out to me was some random person saying "I don't care if it's legal now. Slavery was once legal, would you like to see me in chains again?"

Get the fuck outta here! LOL

Jacir

Like I said in the thread, it can be replaced with any nationality and you still wouldn't be wrong.

Which thread?

Its too easy to call these people stupid but I get frustrated when people have this mentality.

Everyone wants to compare and contrast the black struggle, but don't nobody want to care about the black struggle

Yep. The struggle for the lbgt rights is goddamn miniscule compared to the black struggle.

Africanus

Also, this #equalityforall business is good and all, but I'm wondering where some of these people scamper off to when the next black person is beaten and shot. Or why they all of a sudden don't see why it's a race issue.

Trey

Also, this #equalityforall business is good and all, but I'm wondering where some of these people scamper off to when the next black person is beaten and shot. Or why they all of a sudden don't see why it's a race issue.

Intersectionality is an ongoing process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom