• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacir

non sure what the uproar is about. Just wanted to watch something that didn't have a happy ending.

That's fine and all, but any exposure to that kind of stuff may not be healthy for those who are in a vulnerable state of mind such as yourself.

ReiGun

First world problem.

Yeah. But...still...
mjcry1.png

Jacir

I just finished this thread about Sony creating their own platform so that niche products can be preordered, bought, or crowdfunded and such. First this is Japan only and it is excluding games (reason for why it was posted in Offtopic section). Secondly, it seems people are so against crowdfunding way too much because of popular sites likes kickstarter. To be fair, I too dislike Kickstarter's hands off approach to accountability. Third, people don't realize that equity-based crowdfunding is a thing or they ignore it for some reason.

I have no problem with this initiative by Sony. Also, it would be cool if there was gaming only equity-based crowdfunding website platform that is open to all developers and funders/investors. That would be dope.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1073369&page=1

Onemic

I just finished this thread about Sony creating their own platform so that niche products can be preordered, bought, or crowdfunded and such. First this is Japan only and it is excluding games (reason for why it was posted in Offtopic section). Secondly, it seems people are so against crowdfunding way too much because of popular sites likes kickstarter. To be fair, I too dislike Kickstarter's hands off approach to accountability. Third, people don't realize that equity-based crowdfunding is a thing or they ignore it for some reason.

I have no problem with this initiative by Sony. Also, it would be cool if there was gaming only equity-based crowdfunding website platform that is open to all developers and funders/investors. That would be dope.

Dont get it either. You get stuff that you otherwise wouldnt because of lack of company confidence.

Yeah I've seen a bunch of people talking bad about this. I think it's just gamers wanting something to complain about, per usual. I think it's pretty dope.

Sony over the last couple of years have done some exciting stuff. Certainly not mass market-intended, but their Life Space UX stuff is crazy.

ku-xlarge.jpg

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The struggle so real I might hit up GameStop tomorrow about my ps4. I mean I survived unemployed for a year fam, a year! I remember saying "I'll be fine if I can find a job before October" lol. I'm just tired of hustling. Gotta make it through this month and get that first paycheck. Shits depressing man....happy fourth!

Shy

The struggle so real I might hit up GameStop tomorrow about my ps4. I mean I survived unemployed for a year fam, a year! I remember saying "I'll be fine if I can find a job before October" lol. I'm just tired of hustling. Gotta make it through this month and get that first paycheck. Shits depressing man....happy fourth!
Damm, i hope you get a good price for it Eloquent.
Try to keep your head up and have a great weekend. <3

Onemic

They dont even give you cash tho

FyreWulff

if you're gonna sell a PS4 at least try craiglist or something first (and sell it inside a McDs or something)

pawnshops are only going to give you scraps

Shy

Sorry in advance for cross posting this.

I just watched this video The FBI War on Tupac Shakur and Black Leaders which is also based on a book.

Have any of you guys seen it, what did you think. ?
I thought it came across as well researched and made a convincing argument.

Sorry if you guys have already talked about it, as the video is four years old, but i literally just finished it.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I mean am I really wrong in that mugger thread? Obviously it's a petty argument but I'm bored and also tired of people adding "touchy subject" descriptors to situations that don't call for it. It's not about walking on eggshells of political correctness. It's about understanding that there's no difference between a black person mugging and a white person mugging because they're both doing screwed up things. Meh whatever. This is what I get for declining 4th of July parties.

I mean am I really wrong in that mugger thread? Obviously it's a petty argument but I'm bored and also tired of people adding "touchy subject" descriptors to situations that don't call for it. It's not about walking on eggshells of political correctness. It's about understanding that there's no difference between a black person mugging and a white person mugging because they're both doing screwed up things. Meh whatever. This is what I get for declining 4th of July parties.

Not the right place to take on the idiot populace.

step on the wrong toe.. you know where you go.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

i still want to know if the family he warned was black or not.

neojubei

I think he said they were. lol unless your post was a joke lolol

yeah it was. i want to know the race of everyone in the story just for it to be accurate. Jokes aside i know what you mean, especially in the news media when they talk about a black criminal and a white criminal.

neojubei

I mean jubei I look at it shit way. The majority of people in the thread (including those defending) knew that specific descriptor would cause a problem and they're still saying it was okay but "lol black peoples feelings."

l]

Pretty how i took it. I'd say leave the thread before someone goats you into getting banned or something.

Jacir

I mean jubei I look at it shit way. The majority of people in the thread (including those defending) knew that specific descriptor would cause a problem and they're still saying it was okay but "lol black peoples feelings."

I'm not sorry

Thanks. Read the OP. Nothing bad about the beatdown unless they're people who are saying its black on black with other black passerbys whilst someone recording it on worldstar.
I think he did great calling the cops after.

Taking your latest posts, I think I won't waste my time reading 7 pages of political correctness.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Thanks. Read the OP. Nothing bad about the beatdown unless they're people who are saying its black on black with other black passerbys whilst someone recording it on worldstar.
I think he did great calling the cops after.

Taking your latest posts, I think I won't waste my time reading 7 pages of political correctness.
Meh I'm over it anyway. Haven't posted in there for like an hour.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

knew where the thread was gonna go as soon as I read the word black in the op.

I went to a cook-out on my grandfather's side of the family on my mother's side. First family gathering I've been to with that family so I didn't know most of the people there.

It was a good ass cook-out. These people had everything.

Hamburgers
Hotdogs
Chicken
BBQ Chicken
Mac & Cheese
Fish (Fish was the bomb!)
Sausage
Baked Beans
Potato Salad
Yams
Chili
two types of Poundcake
Brownies
Banana Pudding
Dirt Pie
Some strawberry shit
Watermelon

And after we gathered around took pictures and said grace, we found out that no one brought any paper plates. I don't know how the fuck that happened. We managed to find some bowls until someone ran out to get some plates.

Talked to as many people as I could there and played Phase 10, because they didn't regular cards there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom