• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

yahoos going to be shooting fireworks all night.

tumblr_nqy3c73u2G1qczswto1_500.jpg

That reminds me I need to get away from the hood. After leaving the cook-out to drop off an Avon order, some wine-o tried to run up on me and my mom in the car.

royalan

Honestly, when I read that mugging thread, the "some black dude" descriptor did rub me the wrong way. It only seemed to be there to make OP look even more "badass" at the end -- because you know, he didn't just beat up a guy, he beat up a black guy, and you know, they're like tougher and stuff.

Maybe if he'd gone out of his way to be just as descriptive with every other part of the story it wouldn't have stood out so much

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Honestly, when I read that mugging thread, the "some black dude" descriptor did rub me the wrong way. It only seemed to be there to make OP look even more "badass" at the end -- because you know, he didn't just beat up a guy, he beat up a black[/i] guy, and you know, they're like tougher and stuff.

Maybe if he'd gone out of his way to be just as descriptive with every other part of the story it wouldn't have stood out so much

black defender, black assailant, black family, white police man. idk if i'm getting an accurate visualization of the story. Was the mugger wearing nikes? did he have a crooked line up on his fade. I cant comprehend.

Jacir

Did he have an aggressive walking style?

Goddamn, theres bright ass lights outside my window. I guess its just in case if there's a blackout or something. I don't even have to turn on the light now cuz its so bright.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Did he have an aggressive walking style?

Goddamn, theres bright ass lights outside my window. I guess its just in case if there's a blackout or something. I don't even have to turn on the light now cuz its so bright.

hopefully it's not a fire from a firework lol.

Talking to other family members asking them what they've been up to depresses me a bit, but also encourages me to worker harder for what I want to do. Their responses is always working. I don't want that for me. When someone asks me I want to say I'm preparing for E3. Our presentation is going to blow last year's out the park or our game went gold and we currently got a 90 Metacritic score, or I sold the rights to my book for a movie.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You think Vegeta is going back over all the decisions he made in his life that brought the Prince of All Saiyans from where he was to sitting in that damn baby train caboose?

never understood why people say this

think about the fact that you just posted those six words

like, think about all the history of humanity and how communication used to be.

the confluence of science, mathematics and technology that allowed you to make a statement in two seconds that could instantly be read by anybody on the planet

and the fact that this miracle is now so commonplace that nobody even gives a FUCK about it

you can express your thoughts and emotions and receive have somebody from across the fucking world express theirs right back

people say "what a time to be alive" because things are fucking amazing

Shy

I saw the uncharted 4 video early (gamersyde version) holyshit it looked really good.

Also, i saw a film called hyena (2014) it's a British film about a corrupt cop. Here's the trailer.
It was really fucking good, i really recommend it, it just came out and you can watch it on the BFI site, it's £4.50 to rent. However i don't know if it will IP block anyone outside of the UK.

Kreed

Posting this again because it's great.

qM4RLfm.jpg

Love it.

First episode was fun. Really hoping Yamcha, Tien, Chiaotzu and Krillin will do shit this generation...well not really Yamcha, but it would be different. Piccolo needs to step it up too.

Village

First episode was fun. Really hoping Yamcha, Tien, Chiaotzu and Krillin will do shit this generation...well not really Yamcha, but it would be different. Piccolo needs to step it up too.

They wont do anything

Gods man, gods

Maybe piccolo by technicality of being one, will have an even more god form. But everyone else will be nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom