• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
You da real MVP. He probably in bed right now.

Just went to see Jurassic world. It sucked. Bad. I'm sure everyone will bash Arnold for rolling out terminator's corpse but JW brought some old, worn crap from 20 years ago. Shit didn't make any sense. The whole 'we're only humans and we dun goofed' was absurd. I'm really disappointed it did so well and Mad Max struggled.

Mad Max is Rated R. It did good for a rated R action film. It was never reaching PG-13 levels.

#leftovers
AzPnkiE.jpg
yep, that's Jerk Chicken in the corner.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
None of the women I have dated for more than a few weeks really knew how to cook. Some could bake pretty well but no cooking. This just means I need to upgrade my cooking skills and reap the benefits.

I'm sorry, but when a dude can cook (and I mean REAL cookin), the bussy is like Comcast: On Demand.

If only I could find a woman that shared the same opinion.

None of the women I have dated for more than a few weeks really knew how to cook. Some could bake pretty well but no cooking. This just means I need to upgrade my cooking skills and reap the benefits.

look around on the other place, you might find something.

There it is. I let my girl make eggs on occasions. I got folks who come to my crib every thanksgiving and christmas after they already had their meal. My shit don't play..and I don't even celebrate them holidays lol..

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Hope everyone had a great Fourth because I sure did.

I had a pretty good one. Fired up the smoker and made some brisket, pulled pork and chicken wings while listening to dash radio. Hung out with family, then the people in my hood blew up thousands of dollars of fireworks for my entertainment.

Would have been better if I had a nice honeydip there with me, but can't have it all. Actually some chick wanted to hang out, but I remember her hoodrat tendencies and all the drama that usually follows after we hang out so I declined. Usually within 8 hours of me raising up off of her, she has some sad story about why I need to give her some money.

Trey

Today is No Shame Day on Twitter: which is a day for minorities to speak out about their battles with mental illness and fight stigma. In the spirit of that, I wrote this blog detailing my own struggles with depression and suicidal thoughts this year. Sharing it here because mental illness and stigma is very much a black issue, and because I know I've discussed my problems in here before.

thanks for this perspective. the courage you've shown - to strive for happiness - is an attribute anyone can find good within, and to connect to one's own life as inspiration.

I'm happy for you, man. keep going for yours.

dskillzhtown

Today is No Shame Day on Twitter: which is a day for minorities to speak out about their battles with mental illness and fight stigma. In the spirit of that, I wrote this blog detailing my own struggles with depression and suicidal thoughts this year. Sharing it here because mental illness and stigma is very much a black issue, and because I know I've discussed my problems in here before.

Thanks for sharing. I talked to some of my family members about mental illness on the 4th. We clearly have family members who are dealing with issues, but choose to ignore them and not get treatment. It reflects the tradition of not getting treatment for any ailments. It takes real strength to say to yourself, "Man, I need to get some help."

Thanks for sharing, man. Shit ain't easy, and putting it out there takes courage. Good for you..keep fighting the fight.

Don't know the context but I just ate some leftovers that a had me feeling like this gif.
edit: actually ended up cooking out on Sunday instead of Saturday because of the rain.
Hoodrats. Was messing with dskillzhtown :p

And before anyone goes in on the "hey, what if he's South African" tip, the character is from Colorado.

It's plain and simple paternalistic white fuckery.

CI-WjXhWwAAwxg4.png
What in the wide would of fuck..

dskillzhtown

And before anyone goes in on the "hey, what if he's South African" tip, the character is from Colorado.

It's plain and simple paternalistic white fuckery.

CI-WjXhWwAAwxg4.png

Reminds me, I am a big fan of survival shows. You know, Survivorman, Alone, Dual Survival, (screw naked and afraid though), etc. So there is this show on Discovery called, "The Last Alaskans" which I thought would be about natives and traditions being lost. Nope, it is a bunch of white peeps surviving up there.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Reminds me, I am a big fan of survival shows. You know, Survivorman, Alone, Dual Survival, (screw naked and afraid though), etc. So there is this show on Discovery called, "The Last Alaskans" which I thought would be about natives and traditions being lost. Nope, it is a bunch of white peeps surviving up there.

At this rate "The Last Nigga on Earth" is inevitable.

Hey all.

A) I ran a 106KM yesterday just to see how far I could go. I'm barely alive now, but I did it.

B) "Typical GAFism": Remember that girl I liked and that I cooked for? Well, turns out her parents home schooled her and they're staunchly anti gay and anti minorities. My friend relayed this to me and I'm a little bit saddened by it. I saw her the other day and we made some small talk, but in the back of my mind I couldn't help but know that her words were so empty. Suddenly it made sense why she always seemed scared of me, commented on how "loud" I was, surprised I never played sports, etc. It's stupid; she's religious and as am I, I thought I could reach her through that, that we're both people and that I really care about her. But obviously she's firmly entrenched into white is right mentally.

Anyway. That's what I've been up to while on "vacation", how have you all been?

I was working.

#retaillife

Oh. :[

My parents showed up, so nope. I love them, but my lifestyle doesn't match up with them at all, so I have to tone it down to High School/Early College version of me.

That sucks. I would have had to do the same if I was with family too. Glad I am out of the house.

It was great. Played Scramble in the dark with my fam in law (thunderstorm), watch my son and cousin fight to the death, ate some pulled pork, played some FIFA 15, and had some laughs.

There was a hailstorm where we were at (out of all times to storm in dry ass California) but we still made things work and partied.

I had a pretty good one. Fired up the smoker and made some brisket, pulled pork and chicken wings while listening to dash radio. Hung out with family, then the people in my hood blew up thousands of dollars of fireworks for my entertainment.

Would have been better if I had a nice honeydip there with me, but can't have it all. Actually some chick wanted to hang out, but I remember her hoodrat tendencies and all the drama that usually follows after we hang out so I declined. Usually within 8 hours of me raising up off of her, she has some sad story about why I need to give her some money.

lol I would have put her on blast on why she always needs money but its nice to know you didn't let someone who tries to leech of you ruin your day

http://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Captain-Africa.png[/IMG]

What. The. Fuck.

Slayven

So, are his friends South African?

No

American Journalist Andrew McGregor, finds himself caught in a local battle for control over a small Congolese village. Eventually becoming Captain Africa, the long forgotten defender of the continent. Granted the impressive powers of flight, strength, and virtual invulnerability, Andrew quickly discovers the severe repercussions of trying to directly intervene in the lives of the people of Africa. Meanwhile, an ancient evil lurks, ready to devour not only Africa, but the whole of the Earth! Andrew will soon learn the fate of the world depends on not his powers, but his leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom