• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain-Africa.png

thumb.jpg

Hey all.

A) I ran a 106KM yesterday just to see how far I could go. I'm barely alive now, but I did it.

B) "Typical GAFism": Remember that girl I liked and that I cooked for? Well, turns out her parents home schooled her and they're staunchly anti gay and anti minorities. My friend relayed this to me and I'm a little bit saddened by it. I saw her the other day and we made some small talk, but in the back of my mind I couldn't help but know that her words were so empty. Suddenly it made sense why she always seemed scared of me, commented on how "loud" I was, surprised I never played sports, etc. It's stupid; she's religious and as am I, I thought I could reach her through that, that we're both people and that I really care about her. But obviously she's firmly entrenched into white is right mentally.

Anyway. That's what I've been up to while on "vacation", how have you all been?

Congrats on the half-utra. Have you ever done triathalons? if not that might be challenging.

Crocodile

Errrrrr....ummmm..........maybe he's Sout...........

And before anyone goes in on the "hey, what if he's South African" tip, the character is from Colorado.

It's plain and simple paternalistic white fuckery.

uYjUuC9.gif

https://twitter.com/AP/status/618167847961935872

tumblr_m8yiq7zGZ41qdxxyt.gif

When the Associated Press is releasing news, you're going down.

Finally! Fuck him!

Of course......

"If even one of them 'good ones' is a rapist, then you know none of them niggers can be trusted!" - Every racist (overt or subconscious) in the country right now :/

Ugh

Spinluck

Contemplating selling my ps4 to get by. I fucking hate this shit man.

Hate to ask since you've probably answered this question too many times, but why did you quit your job? And what job was it?

I ask this as someone who contemplates quitting his job every time he suits up for work.

Hate to ask since you've probably answered this question too many times, but why did you quit your job? And what job was it?

I ask this as someone who contemplates quitting his job every time he suits up for work.

From what EloquentM has said, he seems to be getting a job.. it's just that he's in between processes til he actually start working to get a paycheck.

And Niggas be defending him like they a e on the payroll.

who's defending? I'm reiterating what he said, to inform Spinluck.

Shy

Captain Africa
SX0ppOj.gif

Hey all.

A) I ran a 106KM yesterday just to see how far I could go. I'm barely alive now, but I did it.
Holyshit, noice. that's pretty awesome. congrats Crush.
B) "Typical GAFism": Remember that girl I liked and that I cooked for? Well, turns out her parents home schooled her and they're staunchly anti gay and anti minorities. My friend relayed this to me and I'm a little bit saddened by it. I saw her the other day and we made some small talk, but in the back of my mind I couldn't help but know that her words were so empty. Suddenly it made sense why she always seemed scared of me, commented on how "loud" I was, surprised I never played sports, etc. It's stupid; she's religious and as am I, I thought I could reach her through that, that we're both people and that I really care about her. But obviously she's firmly entrenched into white is right mentally.

Anyway. That's what I've been up to while on "vacation", how have you all been?
Damm, i'm sorry to hear to hear that.
https://twitter.com/AP/status/618167847961935872
When the Associated Press is releasing news, you're going down.
*takes in deep breath* GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. fuck that raping cunt.

RP912

Banned
I'm seriously not surprised. Cos whole career been a rug sweep and now the dust is seeking from the rug.

Fuck that Jello pudding creating sumbitch....

D i Z

Cosby is soooo fucked right now. There is not much that can be done after all of this time, but damn he's gonna have to feel it somehow.

Just got of the phone with my mother (mid 60's in age) and she was still pushing that old Negroe bullshit that the victims must have still been asking for it. I had to push the point hard what rape drugs are for her to concede. Incredible. So glad I never had parents raise a female child.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

I was working for a big telecommunications company as an installer. the problem with the job was that when i first hired on at the company i was a term employee. now we were hired on the basis that'd we be working for a year at least but after six months they cut us loose. their solution to the clusterfuck of laying us off early was to offer us jobs in another department (this was union negotiated). problem was the job created a 1.5 hour drive each way from home, where before it was 15 minutes. that was probably the first stressor that contributed to me quitting. the second source of stress which also caused a high turnover rate in that particular department was the volatile nature of the management there. They didn't care about you and they didn't care about how you were doing. The only thing they cared about was results and sometimes results REQUIRED you to work overtime everyday. So on top of driving nearly 3 hours in between work and home each day I would be working maybe 9-10 hour days where managers would always shit on us and treat us like children. This shit constantly gave me anxiety and affected my health. bottom line was that I hated the job.

Before I quit I had something else lined up but the problem with the new job was limited hours, you drove everywhere around the county while paying for your own gas, and you only got paid once at the end of the month. It was just not feasible for me to continue at that new job even if it was arguably better than my previous employer. fast forward a year from there and I'm still unemployed but I'm in the process of starting a new job within the week.

Obviously many would say that I should've sucked it up and kept going at the telecom job. I'm aware that a job keeps you financially stable but at what cost? I've survived for a year now on nothing but sheer willpower and lots of support from my girlfriend. I had some questionable decisions and mistakes were made at every turn, but I still don't regret the path I chose. It's clear that this part of my life is coming to an end and I've come to terms that by selling my ps4 I'm basically starting over from scratch. I'm basically getting rid of everything that was part of my old life with my old employer and I think that maybe that's a good thing at the end of the day.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sell the PS4 there are barely that many good games for it right now anyway. Always got books to read and television to watch. You'll be able to get another one later on

Jacir

Anyone in the NYC, if you have gone to the Borough of Manhattan Community College, please tell me your experience in going there n such.

I'm looking at their Programming courses and I'm interested. I'm suspect tho because of the low prices for the individual classes.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Sell the PS4 there are barely that many good games for it right now anyway. Always got books to read and television to watch. You'll be able to get another one later on
yeah i know. Doesn't mean I still don't hate having to do this.

Anyone in the NYC, if you have gone to the Borough of Manhattan Community College, please tell me your experience in going there n such.

I'm looking at their Programming courses and I'm interested. I'm suspect tho because of the low prices for the individual classes.

might have more luck in OT jacir

Dereck

Question for Black GAF

Speaking from personal experience, have you experienced any racism against you from other minorities?

D i Z

Question for Black GAF

Speaking from personal experience, have you experienced any racism against you from other minorities?

Most definitely. Getting older seems to have curbed a lot of it, and people in L.A aren't so hot about race these days, but it still happens once in a while.

Question for Black GAF

I'm part Hispanic, not black, but yeah. Happened mainly when I lived in a lower-income neighborhood. (racial stuff regarding my Hispanic side, not my whiteness, for clarity's sake)

andthebeatgoeson

Fuck Cosby.

Aye yooo, this Ally Raisman got some cheeks. ESPN body issue continually impresses.

Even Brittany Griner got a little something.

Edit: damn, I might have to subscribe.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Question for Black GAF

yes.
Don't want generalize though so I'm going to leave it as a simple yes.

royalan

Disney ain't no kinda shit...

We're getting a Disney princess movie set in Africa with actual humans...but it's a white girl from Georgia.

And when we finally got a black Disney princess, she's a frog for 80% of her movie, and the theme of the movie is "pull yourself up by your bootstraps." I see this.

Man, Disney can make like Trick Daddy and eat all this ass...

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

We're getting a Disney princess movie set in Africa with actual humans...but it's a white girl from Georgia.

And when we finally got a black Disney princess, she's a frog for 80% of her movie, and the theme of the movie is "pull yourself up by your bootstraps." I see this.

there is all kinds of wrong with this. didnt the podcast the Read talk about this?

Disney's Cultural Appropriation 3: The Savannah Wars: Fantastic White Conquerors and Where to Find Them

Merc_

Question for Black GAF

I've certainly seen it happen to other black folk. My experience has only ever been with racist white people though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom