• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Magus

So, I was emailed today that the scholarship I won last year is being renewed. That's three scholarships that will fully cover tuition and books plus give me a little extra cash back. This feels so good, man. I can't believe it.

rejoice.png
Congarts Bruh.

Speaking of higher ed:

Finished my last class needed for the degree last week and found out that I aced it this week. Now just gonna wait for the grade to transfer XP. That and I made Dean's List for Spring Semester.

rejoice.png

Bubba T

Congrats. You won't be like EloquentM and I with 20K plus of debt with no way to pay it when you get out.

Despite seeing all the stories about how student loans have burned people, I can still see the value in having them. It's just insane how this college system abused the student loan program to over inflate their costs.

With the student loan system came about, more universities opened to keep up with the demand. Now you would think that in a normal economic system, an excess of supply would lower costs all around, but it has done just the opposite. The more competitive universities became for students (and student loan dollars), the more shit they built to attract students (multi million dollar upgrades), which in turn raised tuition to fund these things. The cycle just continues, but when is it going to burst?

Bubba T

rejoice.png
Congarts Bruh.

Speaking of higher ed:

Finished my last class needed for the degree last week and found out that I aced it this week. Now just gonna wait for the grade to transfer XP. That and I made Dean's List for Spring Semester.

rejoice.png

Congrats to you too!

My school doesn't have a Dean's List, but it does have the honors designation when you graduate. It's high as hell too (Cum Laude starts at 3.7).

I am on track to graduate December 2016, I'm hoping I can stay on the Cum Laude track and possibly move up to Magna Cum Laude. It will be a nice change of pace after screwing up community college in my early-mid 20s.

Africanus

So, I was emailed today that the scholarship I won last year is being renewed. That's three scholarships that will fully cover tuition and books plus give me a little extra cash back. This feels so good, man. I can't believe it.

Congratulations!
That's living the dream right there.

Samara

This little's girl is matted as hell. I want to talk to this girl's mother to do something or suggest something. Mother is mixed or something, don't know what dad is, but baby girl has kinky hair. I don't want to be fired tho.

Bubba T

So... for my Investment Analysis course, the book costs $350....*sigh*

Scholarship or not, what the hell kind of basic book costs 350 dollars...

Congrats to those who are advancing through higher ed. Now it's my turn. Gotta stay focused.

Yeah, it's tough. But it's doable. The main thing that went through my mind at times was is going to a party or playing a video game for hours going to get me anywhere in a year. That pretty much gets me back on track?

Haven't started yet, still have to wait till August for the scramble to apply for universities.

Why do you have to wait?

Samara

Don't waste your time dragging around your classes. It takes a couple of years to become a doctor as my mom would say.

Trade in your videogames for some gymclasses, you'll focus soon enough

Jacir

Haven't started yet, still have to wait till August for the scramble to apply for universities.

We can do it!!! Good luck bro.

So... for my Investment Analysis course, the book costs $350....*sigh*

Scholarship or not, what the hell kind of basic book costs 350 dollars...

Yeah, it's tough. But it's doable. The main thing that went through my mind at times was is going to a party or playing a video game for hours going to get me anywhere in a year. That pretty much gets me back on track?

Why do you have to wait?

I always cringe at those book prices. Damn scammers even if its really legit.

The playing games during school part isn't much of a problem with me now since I don't actually own sensible platform to satisfy my attention span. I've not a played a game in almost 2yrs and I'm enjoying it. Don't feel like im missing much. Doing activities outside, going to the park, walking/running, etc has made me healthy overal. While at home, I just watch tv, listen to music n podcasts, ponder as to when I'll learn how to cook. I have time on my side for now I guess.

Don't waste your time dragging around your classes. It takes a couple of years to become a doctor as my mom would say.

Trade in your videogames for some gymclasses, you'll focus soon enough

Same as above and in addition, I might not go online as often as I do now. The internet is my Achilles heel. During school time, have to be careful.

Bubba T

Common application for colleges/universities along with a few other scholarships (such as Gates-Millennium) do not open until August 1st or later.

Ah, yes. I remember. I think they have the same for Grad schools, which I should start looking into this year.

You know since I saw Gone Girl a few weeks ago I just realized I've see the movie before as the movie "She Devil" it even had Tyler Perry as the judge instead of lawyer

Trey

the hair is several levels of stupid. And i don't like the 90s teenager waist shirt look. but the animation and moves look good.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Excellent.

f00rxt.gif

Man give me SFV now....I'm probably the only one hype about this dude here.
Nah, I'm all over this too. Ken stan from the jump and he was about due for a refresh. The only thing weird is the mirror image thing he's had going on with Ryu since forever not being a thing anymore, but I'll take the shakeup in the hopes of something new. Good job, Capcom!

In other news, I've had this gif on lock for 10 minutes now:

AuKHUFS.gif

I can see it getting a lot of use.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Nah, I'm all over this too. Ken stan from the jump and he was about due for a refresh. The only thing weird is the mirror image thing he's had going on with Ryu since forever not being a thing anymore, but I'll take the shakeup in the hopes of something new. Good job, Capcom!

with the design shift, i hope capcom pulls a garou and gives us mel in some form

Wynnebeck

Banned
Getting my AAS in Computer Science in the fall. Then off to 4 year school to finish my Bachelor's. Kinda special to me as I'll be the first of my siblings to get a degree. Gotta make the fam proud.

Young Magus

Excellent.

In other news, I've had this gif on lock for 10 minutes now:

AuKHUFS.gif

I can see it getting a lot of use.

1) BRUH, BRUH, BRUH

WHAT IF, WHAT....IF
Sean steps up to become the mirror image/equal.....with Ken's skill and techniques and his own style

Also that gif needs to be in the next OT.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
1) BRUH, BRUH, BRUH

WHAT IF, WHAT....IF
Sean steps up to become the mirror image/equal.....with Ken's skill and techniques and his own style

Also that gif needs to be in the next OT.

he should be developed more, but i dont know if i want him having a projectile in his base moves. or at least not executed in the same method as the other shotos. he definetely would have the highest chance for a rival count if included on the chance mel or sakura come back

he should be developed more, but i dont know if i want him having a projectile in his base moves. or at least not executed in the same method as the other shotos. he definetely would have the highest chance for a rival count if included on the chance mel or sakura come back

Give him that Steph Curry 3 for his projectile, simple.

Young Magus

Make it a sup.......naw that's already a thing. An EX move? Or like Dan's or Sakura's (can't remember if hers was different)?

Give him that Steph Curry 3 for his projectile, simple.

Or this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom