• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my neo-soul fans out here I was wondering if you guys can help me out real quick.
I'm trying to find the artists and name of the songs in this video. Unfortunately the dj didn't give a track list.

1st Song starts at 2:29 and the second song comes on right after that one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZjpsmnYOHY

I can tell you for certain the second song is by Miles Bonny but that's all I got.

EDIT: Got It

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
i swear this week was so awful. i've lined all my alcohol and about to just drink until i vomit or worst. This week is a stark reminder i am a lonely fat loser no one wants around.

i swear this week was so awful. i've lined all my alcohol and about to just drink until i vomit or worst. This week is a stark reminder i am a lonely fat loser no one wants around.

Donnnn't. Just keep posting. Talk here. If we can't respond now, we'll try later. But writing in general can help you. Random things, happy things... write.

<3

Shy

Donnnn't. Just keep posting. Talk here. If we can't respond now, we'll try later. But writing in general can help you. Random things, happy things... write.

<3
^ this.
Try to do something relaxing for he weekend Jubei.
And like Vermillion said, post here if you're still feeling down and we'll try to be here for you.

royalan

I would have tossed a damn drink in her face.

I'm sorry, but it's 2015. There's just some things where it's like, yo, you have no excuse to be this ignorant...

Shy

"Your hair is just like my husband's. He's why but he has <gestures at head>, so coon like. Do we say that's where he gets it from" - random white woman tonight
Wait, what........ she actually said that, out loud. ? jesus, it's so ridiculously ignorant it's almost funny, almost.
What did you say Viktor. ?

Young Magus

It would help to explain why your week sucked yo.

"Your hair is just like my husband's. He's why but he has <gestures at head>, so coon like. Do we say that's where he gets it from" - random white woman tonight

Shoulda superkick'd thee fucking ignorance outta her

Y'all need to get up on that Rocket League. Fun as FUCK.

I just played with a few GAFers and we won like 18 games in a row. Best part? There's a text chat and dudes get MAD SALTY.

That's...bad. I usually look at people weird when they say subtle racist or racist shit towards me. Its almost like a cartoon when it does happen too, or something I would read here on gaf.

Like, last week, I had a white chick (who had a black fetish, go figure) say to one of us how one her best friends is "her mothafucking nigga." The three of us black guys, with our other friends around, looked at eachother in agreement that we let her off. It was funny as hell to me. Especially when she didn't even know what the fuck she said and asked what we were laughing about. I even asked her if she is aware of anything she said and she gave me the most confused look. Crazy night.

Felt weird that I ended up in bed with her later that night too. I still feel dirty about that.

royalan

That's...bad. I usually look at people weird when they say subtle racist or racist shit towards me. Its almost like a cartoon when it does happen too, or something I would read here on gaf.

Like, last week, I had a white chick (who had a black fetish, go figure) say to one of us how one her best friends is "her mothafucking nigga." The three of us black guys, with our other friends around, looked at eachother in agreement that we let her off. It was funny as hell to me. Especially when she didn't even know what the fuck she said and asked what we were laughing about. I even asked her if she is aware of anything she said and she gave me the most confused look. Crazy night.

Felt weird that I ended up in bed with her later that night too. I still feel dirty about that.

STOP letting these racist white chicks off!

tkscz

The ending to this story makes it perfect.

Honestly, me and my friends would've laughed at it just because how hard she was trying. She isn't trying to offend, she just wants to "fit in", thus it's funny because she didn't have to. However, me and any of my friends who dated a white woman often TRIES to get them to say nigga with no avail.

STOP letting these racist white chicks off!

Honestly, I am one to perceive nigga different going off of the circumstances, but I know she was way too comfortable with our light skinned friend for her to say that. I believe she was aware of it, but played it off by playing the dumb blonde.

Then again, it shit like this that doesn't help our social problems. I would come here and agree with mostly everything that is said by people in BCT when it comes to issues with white privilege and the like, but I never try to make people aware of that IRL and I feel like I'm playing some kind of double standard.

I'm a fucked up individual sometimes.

The ending to this story makes it perfect.

Honestly, me and my friends would've laughed at it just because how hard she was trying. She isn't trying to offend, she just wants to "fit in", thus it's funny because she didn't have to. However, me and any of my friends who dated a white woman often TRIES to get them to say nigga with no avail.

Yea, I understood it once she said it that she's comfy with the word, but we we're still surprised by it because outside of us black guys there, no one says the word. It was an amazing moment.

And yea, I make some of my friends at work force me to call me a monkey or ape by walking like one sometimes. Its amazing what adjectives they find to replace the words or they just get super uncomfortable with it and get mad.

tkscz

Honestly, I am one to perceive nigga different going off of the circumstances, but I know she was way too comfortable with our light skinned friend for her to say that. I believe she was aware of it, but played it off by playing the dumb blonde.

Then again, it shit like this that doesn't help our social problems. I would come here and agree with mostly everything that is said by people in BCT when it comes to issues with white privilege and the like, but I never try to make people aware of that IRL and I feel like I'm playing some kind of double standard.

I'm a fucked up individual sometimes.

Yea, I understood it once she said it that she's comfy with the word, but we we're still surprised by it because outside of us black guys there, no one says the word. It was an amazing moment.

And yea, I make some of my friends at work force me to call me a monkey or ape by walking like one sometimes. Its amazing what adjectives they find to replace the words or they just get super uncomfortable with it and get mad.

I'm the same way though, but usually the circumstances relate more to where said white girl is from over how it was meant. Your average city/suburban white girl I feel shouldn't say it. Again, I understand she isn't trying to offend, but it sounds weird and unnatural. Like, she is just trying to hard to fit in, which makes it funny, but awkward. However, I tend to feel the same way when a black person from the suburbs says it.

royalan

Translation: "I'll let a white girl (and/or her family) demean me in any old type of way if there's a chance she'll put out."

I may get dicked down by Tyga, but at least that nigga's not a goddamn racist.

Some dudes really need to take 5 seconds, just 5 seconds, and ask yourselves if the pussy is really worth that much.

tkscz

Translation: "I'll let a white girl (and/or her family) demean me in any old type of way if there's a chance she'll put out."

Some dudes really need to take 5 seconds, just 5 seconds, and ask yourselves if the pussy is really worth that much.

Well, did she demean him? Again, he looks at it from context I.E. did she say it to hurt my feelings and make me feel less of a person, or did she say it to fit into the group and only come off as being awkward. From the story it was the latter, she just wanted to feel noticed by him, not hurt anyone's feelings. And they laughed her off, so sounds like none of them felt demeaned. Sounds more like she was just easy, but that's just me. Don't get me wrong, I understand why you're offended, but it really felt like the girl was demeaning herself just to get in his pants.

Speaking of which, I hope it was good sex, and she gave great head.

Roy has a point. Everyone should be self-aware of things like this, lest they become the next Jado.

I'm the same way though, but usually the circumstances relate more to where said white girl is from over how it was meant. Your average city/suburban white girl I feel shouldn't say it. Again, I understand she isn't trying to offend, but it sounds weird and unnatural. Like, she is just trying to hard to fit in, which makes it funny, but awkward. However, I tend to feel the same way when a black person from the suburbs says it.

It is weird and almost always awkward and its for the reasons you stated. Most of the cringe for me is coming from how hard they try. Eh.

You mentioning suburban black people saying nigga reminds me of that Donald Glover stand up about him saying it at school. lol

But she didn't demean me. Situations like that are far from black and white, man.

I know you know this.

And before someone starts jumping to some dumb conclusion: I am aware of the word, its background, the history, and the efforts to change it into something positive, but I am also aware of the context of which it is said and how its said. If she meant it in any harmful way, I would have been the first to tell her that shit wasn't cool, but since she said it only once and was leaning towards drunk, we didn't think much about it.

You guys gotta chill a bit when it comes to stuff like that. Think about the times we live in and what goes on.

Shy

On second thoughts, NVM. I shouldn't be making jokes about it.

I love you guys and don't want you to be mad at me. Sorry.

Slayven

Flip the second fraction then multiply.
Are you a wizard?

Ewww magical girls

You can be a Korean magical woman with out pretty stuff

mystek1.jpg

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Just don't drink too much. You'll only make it worse. Actually, if you must drink, I suggest you do something fun at the same time. Play a video game or watch a comedy or read a book. Just don't sit and drink away sorrows.

i just drank until i fell asleep on my couch. all these cute guys around me and i cannot catch a break. i wish i had better genes.

RP912

Banned
Y'all need to get up on that Rocket League. Fun as FUCK.

I just played with a few GAFers and we won like 18 games in a row. Best part? There's a text chat and dudes get MAD SALTY.

I been reading about that shit and seeing dudes get giddy on twitch about the game. I'm going to cop to see the if the hype is real because dudes treating that game like it's the second coming of Pacman. I wouldn't be surprised if the game sold like gangbusters.

Kreed

But she didn't demean me. Situations like that are far from black and white, man.

I know you know this.

And before someone starts jumping to some dumb conclusion: I am aware of the word, its background, the history, and the efforts to change it into something positive, but I am also aware of the context of which it is said and how its said. If she meant it in any harmful way, I would have been the first to tell her that shit wasn't cool, but since she said it only once and was leaning towards drunk, we didn't think much about it.

You guys gotta chill a bit when it comes to stuff like that. Think about the times we live in and what goes on.

No one is saying you got to call Al Sharpton and the NAACP for a press conference. Just check her.. You and your friends are not comfortable with her using that word, tell her not to use it and why. That's it. No need to make communicating discomfort sound difficult.

Young Magus

MagusKen daps this

Trying to be friendly or not there are limits to what's acceptable yo.

No interactions with the preferred sex in worth being called or asked how you feel about the word nigga.

Also, NJ......dude just move ASAP.

Trey

This is interesting to me. How symmetry is helpful when learning about negative and positive numbers or integers.

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2015/july/symmetry-math-schwartz-070615.html

the very human instinct to find symmetry in this world is something I don't think is properly addressed in our school system. currently the process is a very tactile sort of teaching, which makes abstract math very difficult to pass on to kids. It's also the reason "I'll never use this in real life" is such a popular phrase in response to math, because there's a disconnect between what math is and what they teach in the schools. You see it clearly now, when common core tries to touch on abstract concepts and critical thinking more than rote mem, and parents have no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom