• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Hello i'm new to this thread. Also
black

I didn't know if this was a question for the HIP HOP GAF thread or not but i'm not a hip guy anymore. I just turned 30 this year. :(

I'd like to know, is Fetty Wap (him or maybe his music) cool or no?

Trying to understand this urban youth music.

And OMG Satoru Iwata died WTF

It's weird. I feel like Fetty Wap's music, for the most part, isn't cool. But dude is so humble and nice it makes you root for him anyway.

black

I didn't know if this was a question for the HIP HOP GAF thread or not but i'm not a hip guy anymore. I just turned 30 this year. :(

please do the introduction to yourself listed in the OP for me please :D

and RIP Iwata.

Shy

black

Welcome new friend.
Yeah, it's really sad, he was around the same age as my mum.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Iwata nooooooo. This dude made a lot of mistakes but he made even more successes from literally nothing. Brilliant man. Died so fucking young too. RIP, man.

Africanus

black

Welcome!

And yeah, it came as a shock. A rare form of cancer it appears.

A shame really, he was only two years older than my mum.

I hope that Willow Smith avy didn't go to your head
But I have an Amandla Stenberg avatar.

Blasian, not like this, not like this. Gonna go pick up some wings today.

First day of work tomorrow I've come so far

you right bruh

Congrats.
You just wrote Ed Edd and Eddy fan fiction in the thread...pass me some of what you're on
I don't know I really feel like talking about some Ed, Edd, and Eddy. I'm going to cook some burnt fried bologna and eggs and then make a thread.

DominoKid

black

Fetty Wap is that dude. Breh got hella hits right now.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
mjcry1.png
mjcry1.png
mjcry1.png
mjcry1.png

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
What did Iwata do for Nintendo? I know he was CEO and it's sad that he died so young, but that's all. Oh also that he was in the goofy Nintendo Direct shows.

Shy

What did Iwata do for Nintendo? I think it's sad that he died so young, but I never saw anything interesting about the guy besides the goofy Nintendo Direct shows he did. I'm probably the only person the forum that doesn't really read gaming age.
He was the company's chairman and ceo, and was also was an amazing programmer, which is where he started.

Laws00

Okay I guess I got nothing better to do lol

Where you're from - I was born in Florida but i've basically lived in New Jersey my whole life

Where you live - New Jersey of these United States of America

What is your age? - 30

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - God damn where do I start. Apparently I have some Native America in my (Black foot Indian). My Great Grandfather on my mothers side was Jewish. My parents parents not sure were freed slaves, and another were run away slaves.

Do you know your roots - Not that much. I'd like to know but it's one of those things that I don't really care much for to prod or bother my grand parents even though I should before they pass.

Favorite musical genre - I don't have a favorite genre but the ones I listen to the most are Pop,rap/hiphop, and R&B.

Your profession/major/career interest - I work with/around animals for a living. My major is Human Resource Management.

Your religious affiliation - I would say it's pretty agnostic even though I pray sometimes lol

Hobbies - ughhhhh I play video games, I used to burn/listen to a lot of Japanese Urban music. Hiphop/Rap, R&B, Reggae, DanceHall you name.

KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Because the closet Popeyes is 1 hour from me it has to be KFC.

Crocodile

RIP Iwata. Shit he was younger than my father (who I feel like calling but I know he's probably in the middle of something right now).

What did Iwata do for Nintendo? I know he was CEO and it's sad that he died so young, but that's all. Oh also that he was in the goofy Nintendo Direct shows.

He co-invented Kirby with Sakurai
He programmed (and I think invented the concept of) Ballon Fight
He's the reason Kanto was in Pokemon Gold and Silver
He saved Earthbound from cancellation
He's the reason Super Smash Bros Melee shipped on time and in a reasonable state
He was the vision behind some of the most profitables hardware and times Nintendo ever had (Wii + DS)

Do you want me to keep going? (I'm sure you just legit didn't know and weren't trying to be snippy so no worries)

EloquentM

aka Mannny

No clue, I actually had to Google him to figure out which Nintendo guy he was
Pretty much a genius programmer and one of the most vocal figures at Nintendo trying to keep investors from turning the company into an EA or an activision. Here are some of his most famous programming feats

lets not forget iwata asks as well. Some next level shit many Devs should do. I'd love a cerny asks for ps4 Although I'm sure there wouldn't be the same charm as iwata's asks ={

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
RIP Iwata. Shit he was younger than my father (who I feel like calling but I know he's probably in the middle of something right now).

He's the reason Super Smash Bros Melee shipped on time and in a reasonable state
He was the vision behind some of the most profitables hardware and times Nintendo ever had (Wii + DS)

Do you want me to keep going? (I'm sure you just legit didn't know and weren't trying to be snippy so no worries)
Thanks for the knowledge bomb. I love Kirby, Gold and Silver are my favorite Pokemon games, and Earthbound/Smash Bros are awesome. Sounds like he was a talented man.

Azure J

The thing that I literally found out today (and why I now have a high esteem for Balloon Fight) was that the stuff he did for the game regarding its scrolling screen is one of the big things that led to the scrolling screen design in Super Mario Bros. He's also partially responsible for Mario's jumping physics in that game thanks to how Balloon Fight handled vertical ascent.

Like whoa.

Merc_

RIP to Iwata.

What makes it even worse is that one of the last things he did was apologize to folks on the Internet for Nintendo's E3 presentation.

For real? Gosh damn man!

zeemumu

RIP to Iwata.

What makes it even worse is that one of the last things he did was apologize to folks on the Internet for Nintendo's E3 presentation.

I didn't think it was that bad. The new Metroid doesn't look that bad. It just wasn't what people wanted.

Crocodile

I didn't think it was that bad. The new Metroid doesn't look that bad. It just wasn't what people wanted.

Tell that to the more rabid portion of the Metroid fanbase :p

Really sucks too because you wanna go out on a high note. It would suck if the last time Iwata closed his eyes one of his thoughts were "damn we fucked that show up!",

RP912

Banned

I didn't even know that :( :(

RIP Iwata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom