• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Nicolle Wallace (lady who dissed Raven Symone) fired from The View.

THAT'S who the FUCK Raven Symone is!

N78GTJd.png

Y'all had it wrong. This look wasn't an L being taken; it was, "Gurl, I hope you and your kids are going to be able to eat after I SNATCH that employment."

Dereck

I like that they're self aware just enough to know how it would sound if they really pitched a fit about not being able to play as a white dude. It's fun to watch them dance around how they really feel.
That's interesting, reading the thread now

Daingurse

Nicolle Wallace (lady who dissed Raven Symone) fired from The View.

THAT'S who the FUCK Raven Symone is!

N78GTJd.png

Y'all had it wrong. This look wasn't an L being taken; it was, "Gurl, I hope you and your kids are going to be able to eat after I SNATCH that employment."

I immediately had a "Raven Wins! Fatality!" mental image when I heard about this.

I love how Rust is bringing out the people who are all of a sudden so concerned that women and minorities, who have never been able to choose the race/sex of protagonists (outside of games with character creators) won't be able to choose their character.

Noticed this tone in that thread, and it was definitely irritating. Really feels like it comes from a place of privilege. I can't even fathom how many games I've played where I have to play some straight white dude. I've never had a choice and have just had to deal with it, accept it. I like that Rust makes people have to deal with it, might give some needed perspective.

Trey

What Angelus do now? Just when he starts back up posting, too.

skunktank shorty still got that pull though. Fuck em up, ray ray.

jmood88

Noticed this tone in that thread, and it was definitely irritating. Really feels like it comes from a place of privilege. I can't even fathom how many games I've played where I have to play some straight white dude. I've never had a choice and have just had to deal with it, accept it. I like that Rust makes people have to deal with it, might give some needed perspective.
It's disingenuous bullshit and it's incredible that people all of a sudden discover how passionate they are about the issue when white guys aren't able to automatically play as white guys anymore.

So strange to see people minimize with what essentially amounts to "Why are you so worried about dying?" with the myriad of news we've had just this year. (Literally a story just a few months ago with Freddie Gray perishing in police custody due to their actions!) There's naiveté and then there's this infuriating blissful ignorance of the black struggle. Like, guys you know what? It could be nothing. She could have just hung herself in her cell because the reality of getting a great job came crashing down around her. But maybe just maybe, this level of fear from the black community is an indication of how fucked institutionalized racism and the mainstream response to it is.

Slayven

So strange to see people minimize with what essentially amounts to "Why are you so worried about dying?" with the myriad of news we've had just this year. (Literally a story just a few months ago with Freddie Gray perishing in police custody due to their actions!) There's naiveté and then there's this infuriating blissful ignorance of the black struggle.

and they go out their way to do it to.

jmood88

So strange to see people minimize with what essentially amounts to "Why are you so worried about dying?" with the myriad of news we've had just this year. (Literally a story just a few months ago with Freddie Gray perishing in police custody due to their actions!) There's naiveté and then there's this infuriating blissful ignorance of the black struggle. Like, guys you know what? It could be nothing. She could have just hung herself in her cell because the reality of getting a great job came crashing down around her. But maybe just maybe, this level of fear from the black community is an indication of how fucked institutionalized racism and the mainstream response to it is.
So willing to believe the police story despite all evidence to the contrary, yet when it comes to fucking game companies everyone is skeptical and want to dig deeper into everything that comes out.

So willing to believe the police story despite all evidence to the contrary, yet when it comes to fucking game companies everyone is skeptical and want to dig deeper into everything that comes out.

"I've seen the news about police brutality but who has the real agenda here? The police or the Rust developers? #FollowTheMoney #WakeUpSheeple #LetUsChooseOurAvatar"

"I've seen the news about police brutality but who has the real agenda here? The police or the Rust developers? #FollowTheMoney #WakeUpSheeple #LetUsChooseOurAvatar"

"oh so now you want us to be transracial and relate? #beggarscantbechoosers #ivotedfornader #ijustboughtlike36steamaccounts"

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Can't see any lies in that post, though.
lmao

People really do want to dig deep for gaming developer conspiracies and DLC outrage but it's "not a big deal" when it comes to shit happening in real life to real people every day.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
So have you just ignored the numerous protests that have happened this year alone?

Dude, I am talking about the vast number of people I know who will jump on a hashtag but won't walk a block to join a protest. I am talking about the people I know who will talk all that black power on social media, but won't spend a dime in a black-owned store. Sure there are protests and I have been a part of some locally. But there are also alot of twitter flexing with no real action to back it up.

My post was in reaction to what I see personally.

jmood88

Dude, I am talking about the vast number of people I know who will jump on a hashtag but won't walk a block to join a protest. I am talking about the people I know who will talk all that black power on social media, but won't spend a dime in a black-owned store. Sure there are protests and I have been a part of some locally. But there are also alot of twitter flexing with no real action to back it up.

My post was in reaction to what I see personally.
If that's what you're talking about, then expand on your post because it just looks like you're complaining about everyone just making hashtags and doing nothing else.

If that's what you're talking about, then expand on your post because it just looks like you're complaining about everyone just making hashtags and doing nothing else.

I agree. A lot of work by activists are being done in social media like twitter. Anecdotes is one thing, but there is action being done. Even if it's not by everyone (and really, as many as there should be)

What I personally want is to see a potential evolution of how protests are done. Something that'll keep the state on their toes.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
What I personally want is to see a potential evolution of how protests are done. Something that'll keep the state on their toes.

money is the only language they speak. If we could hurt their pockets on a massive scale then shit will start getting done. Withholding money is an easy way everyone can participate in protest. Need to have a few blackout no shopping days per week. This wont happen though, at least not on the level it needs to anyway.

This came across my dash. Thought it was funny.
cqdTqvx.jpg

money is the only language they speak. If we could hurt their pockets on a massive scale then shit will start getting done. Withholding money is an easy way everyone can participate in protest. Need to have a few blackout no shopping days per week. This wont happen though, at least not on the level it needs to anyway.

If there was a way to coordinate one that's adaptable/wasn't economically dangerous for low income families, I'd love for that to happen.

But in many cases the blackouts just can't be done by certain people.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Blasian I just want to say I listened to both your black music month playlists and usually follow your music threads; you have great taste. Got a ton of great stuff to follow up on thanks to you. Appreciate it.

jmood88

This came across my dash. Thought it was funny.
cqdTqvx.jpg
I really wish that there was a national boycott. I spend my money at black establishments as much as possible but nobody cares when it's just a relative handful of people. It's weird how just about everyone acknowledges the amount of power black consumers have but we (as a collective) haven't realized that.

Apparently Ant-Man isn't the super huge trainwreck the majority of GAF expected it to be?

Gordon must be right about the Wright salt. (Maybe I'm no better since I'm a Paul Rudd fan) Just got out of it and loved it. Definitely in my top 5 of the solo films at least.

Shy

So dude didn't fit in/had no friends/went to 9 different schools/had home issues.....
and thanks to all that he turned to white superiority sites. Am I missing something here?
I had/continue to have far worst problems than this kid, and yet i didn't turn in to a white supremacist dickhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom