• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Nah I LMAO over it.
Dudes rre pulling my record, going through my history, and trying to get me on some "gotcha" shit. I am creating homework for people just by exisiting. It is too funny.

yeah everyone knows one, hell they probably got one in the family.

Let them be mad
alright imma need to see the receipts for this. Sounds hilarious as hell. What was your initial post?

The "crux" if you want to call it that is usually someone brings up the NOI, Yakub, BHI, etc... and we start talking about it, like most things in this thread. I myself have family/a best friend in the NOI and my knowledge had to expand from there just dealing with them in everyday conversations (I'm not religious). My friend in particular will give me random "NOI materials" from time to time like the Hidden Colors documentaries and we get into "respectful" debates so I stay up to date.

Crux may have been the wrong word to use.

Im still trying to wrap my head around Hotep. I'm still trying to figure out if we're talking about Kemet.

And I'm glad you're still maintaining a relationship with the friend. I'm sure it's been challenging when you have an atheist slant or are new to the NOI or trying to come to grips with the doctrine.

I have a loved one in the BHI and it's been challenging. It's cool because they feel like they're learning something. But not cool because I've picked up on hate-tinged rhetoric and loopy doctrine. The experience has opened my eyes to all of these other religions that prey on folks in the inner city.

Dereck

Dat ass tho

them spanx saving my membership though
2VdV8z1.png

Meant to do this months ago,

Where you're from - North Philly
Where you live - Different part of Philly
What is your age? - 29
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - African American
Do you know your roots - Nope
Favorite musical genre - Rap, J Rock
Your profession/major/career interest - N/A
Your religious affiliation - Is PlatinumGames a religion? Cuz I'm a devout follower.
Hobbies - Anime, Video Games, Comic Books
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's

Kreed

Watching this documentary piece on race in America on MTV titled White People. When they showed the dude was from Tobaccoville, I expected those responses about race there and when he said he was going to a HBCU I knew it had to be either Winston-Salem State, or A&T. The dude chose WSSU and I knew he regret that because everyone knows State is always late in giving you your money. Don't expect to have your books in that first week, because they are slippin when it comes to giving students their refund checks.

For those who want to watch the full thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zjj1PmJcRM&feature=youtu.be

royalan

Quickest way to get cussed out by Royalan: thinking that because you're taking up a spot on the subway bench that you also own the adjacent spots too.

I've been on my feet over 10 hours, I'm sitting the fuck down. And the fuck is you gonna do about it? Check me? Clearly not.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Quickest way to get cussed out by Royalan: thinking that because you're taking up a spot on the subway bench that you also own the adjacent spots too.

I've been on my feet over 10 hours, I'm sitting the fuck down. And the fuck is you gonna do about it? Check me? Clearly not.

Lol roy I always get the feeling that you're like six-three and built like the rock. I see here that I may not be too far off.

royalan

Oh, see while y'all are laughing at my hair and scalp treatment, I'm walking through these Philly streets with my hair LAID like a 90s R&B video.

But it's ok, y'all can keep hatin...

jMU1ePs.gif

Oh, see while y'all are laughing at my hair and scalp treatment, I'm walking through these Philly streets with my hair LAID like a 90s R&B video.

But it's ok, y'all can keep hatin...

jMU1ePs.gif

Nah, it was totally uncalled for on my part.

It's just...when they said you had head chips, this was not the remedy

Slayven

Good article. It's almost impressive how much worse Bernie's supporters are making this for him.

Whats shocking is the Bernie Reddict is the most sensible place on the internet about it. I was reading it and was legit shock at how well they were emphasizing and trying understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom