• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought Elite: Dangerous for Xbox and damn if that game doesn't just kick you out the door and say "it's space nigga.......do something". No idea what I should be doing but its fun just looking at my space map and jumping from system to system. I'm going to have to watch some YouTube videos to figure out how to start "playing".

Kreed

I had no idea what a Hotep was either (I was just calling them coons).

You mentioned in the Poetry thread that topics such as NoI, Kemet and BHI are possibly bannable in this thread? Just wanted clarification.

Myself and Infinite have NOI discussions every other BCT, so you're more than welcome to join in.

I had no idea what a Hotep was either (I was just calling them coons).

Myself and Infinite have NOI discussions every other BCT, so you're more than welcome to join in.

What's the crux of the discussion?

And I just wanted to clarify by Hotep we are referring to Kemet?

I'll be real with you guys. I lost someone I cared about to one of these groups. The idea sounds great but the execution is divisive.

Since its a slow day. I ran into my boy's girl at the car wash. We engaged in a conversation and in the middle she asked me if I was "conscious." I was like huh? Next thing you know, she was explaining the teachings of Dr Umar Johnson. He doesn't fall into HoTep/Kemet, Black Hebrew Israelites or NOI (or 5 percent). She was like there's an undercurrent sweeping the nation. Dr Johnson is waking blacks up to the truth. A lot of the stuff she was saying sounded like conspiracy theory and divisive. There were some facts but it was wrapped up in a package to make the recipient hate the white man. Like in the convo, Ma said she was half Mexican. And based on this dudes teaching, she was going to confront her father to seek answers as to why he married outside of his race.

I asked my boy about it weeks later and he was like his girl was getting lost in the movement. He made it sound like things were getting gout of control.

To be fair, Taylor swift is the only skinny woman in the nominations list
52kIF.png

And Taylor did say maybe one of the dudes took her spot, Kendrick is nominated twice in the same category.

Maybe she shouldn't have said anything, but what other skinny female person could Nicki have been talking about? It's okay to be upset over not having a VMA nod. But lets not fool ourselves.

And Beyonce's presence couldn't bring her on the nominations list with Feelin' Myself

Looking at the nominations list, what more could she have wanted That Taylor "that skinny woman" Swift, Best Pop Video? Lolz. Her latest album wasn't a pop CD, it was more hip hop/rap. There was no Starships-esque track on there

QyIMD.png
Not even a Taylor fan, but anyone can read between the lines Nicki.

Kreed

What's the crux of the discussion?

And I just wanted to clarify by Hotep we are referring to Kemet?

I'll be real with you guys. I lost someone I cared about to one of these groups. The idea sounds great but the execution is divisive.

Since its a slow day. I ran into my boy's girl at the car wash. We engaged in a conversation and in the middle she asked me if I was "conscious." I was like huh? Next thing you know, she was explaining the teachings of Dr Umar Johnson. He doesn't fall into HoTep/Kemet, Black Hebrew Israelites or NOI (or 5 percent). She was like there's an undercurrent sweeping the nation. Dr Johnson is waking blacks up to the truth. A lot of the stuff she was saying sounded like conspiracy theory and divisive. There were some facts but it was wrapped up in a package to make the recipient hate the white man. Like in the convo, Ma said she was half Mexican. And based on this dudes teaching, she was going to confront her father to seek answers as to why he married outside of his race.

I asked my boy about it weeks later and he was like his girl was getting lost in the movement. He made it sound like things were getting gout of control.

The "crux" if you want to call it that is usually someone brings up the NOI, Yakub, BHI, etc... and we start talking about it, like most things in this thread. I myself have family/a best friend in the NOI and my knowledge had to expand from there just dealing with them in everyday conversations (I'm not religious). My friend in particular will give me random "NOI materials" from time to time like the Hidden Colors documentaries and we get into "respectful" debates so I stay up to date.

Watching this documentary piece on race in America on MTV titled White People. When they showed the dude was from Tobaccoville, I expected those responses about race there and when he said he was going to a HBCU I knew it had to be either Winston-Salem State, or A&T. The dude chose WSSU and I knew he regret that because everyone knows State is always late in giving you your money. Don't expect to have your books in that first week, because they are slippin when it comes to giving students their refund checks.

Slayven

Watching this documentary piece on race in America on MTV titled White People. When they showed the dude was from Tobaccoville, I expected those responses about race there and when he said he was going to a HBCU I knew it had to be either Winston-Salem State, or A&T. The dude chose WSSU and I knew he regret that because everyone knows State is always late in giving you your money. Don't expect to have your books in that first week, because they are slippin when it comes to giving students their refund checks.

Fuckkkk I missed it.

jmood88

I'm the only one in my immediate family who hasn't gone to at least one HBCU and all the horror stories they tell about financial aid applied to every single year I have spent at both Ohio State and Tulane, two rich-ass schools that act like they have a population of 100 students.

Oh shit the Native American slur for white people is crazy.

Watching the White People documentary.

I happened to miss that. What was it?
It's also pretty damn sad how small the Native American population is. There are only 14 in that town and that town is specifically known for it's Native American tribe.

Slayven

I happened to miss that. What was it?
It's also pretty damn sad how small the Native American population is. There are only 14 in that town and that town is specifically known for it's Native American tribe.

"Wasichu"

Originally meant "He who took the best meat"

But they use it for white people now.

yeah it is sad how small the native American population is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom