• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comic book fans movie and book alike are always in feelings. Niggas need to go outside and talk to women once in a while or something.

They be acting like you killed their entire family tree and shit...it's not that serious.

akira28

Catch feelings because of comic book movies bruhs.

CPngZFj.png

lank?

I sip their tears like a south american moth

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Comic book fans movie and book alike are always in feelings. Niggas need to go outside and talk to women once in a while or something.

They be acting like you killed their entire family tree and shit...it's not that serious.

everyone is always in feelings when it comes to something they care about though

you care enough to make small essays on the topic though

Not really, I don't care what Marvel does, I've made that point clear. I just get annoyed at the whole "look down upon those who don't consume as much comics as me" schick many people do in those threads. So I end up debating them over it.

Shits annoying, like niggas your opinions ain't no more valid than the other people who post in there. Just because you're a comic head doesn't mean your opinion is the hand of mias and shit.

I hate people like that.

And by "you" I'm not talking about you specifically. In case that wasn't clear.

akira28

dont' even ask. especially about that guy. his last notable thread was a shitshow about ghosts having sex with his girlfriend and all sorts of GAF after dark fukkery.

Parallax

Not really, I don't care what Marvel does, I've made that point clear. I just get annoyed at the whole "look down upon those who don't consume as much comics as me" schick many people do in those threads. So I end up debating them over it.

Shits annoying, like niggas your opinions ain't no more valid than the other people who post in there. Just because you're a comic head doesn't mean your opinion is the hand of mias and shit.

I hate people like that.

then dont act like you're above it all. if you can put forth the effort to try to knock someone down a peg on a subject, then you care.

I hate people like that.

Sizzle like a hot coal & tell the fam everything is good brehs.

then dont act like you're above it all. if you can put forth the effort to try to knock someone down a peg on a subject, then you care.

Again, I admit I care about knocking someone down a peg. I've said that in both this thread and that thread. But specifically with what Marvel is doing? Why? Marvel knows what they're doing, they've garnered good will with me, so I see no reason to get pissed at anyone's suggestions. If someone wants a blind ethopian Peter Parker who has tourette's syndrome and is missing an arm, shit I'm game. If anyone can make it work it's Marvel...though we're defintiely crossing into Daredevil territory with with the blind bit. Peter is my favorite hero but I'm not gonna lose sleep if they change him in the movies. The comics still exist and he has Spider-Man 1-3 and ASM 1 & 2 movies to his name. I'm not gonna tell a bunch of people who want to see something different they're wrong or lesser or they're "D-bags". They're a person's suggestion/wish on a web forum. It's not like their wish is going to happen just because they asked for it. The threat isn't real. They're not ruining the sanctity of comics. As such there is no need to treat them like they're destroying your precious.

Lets not pretend that eating pussy doesn't put your face practically down in the same area.

A shitty kitty is a bad time, no matter what.

As a pansexual I can confirm the bad end of some dude booty is a hot shower and some hard scrubbing

The bad end of a lady vagoochie is like having to fight a web-spamming spiderman using nothing but silly string in one of those subterranean glow worm caves

im referring to the catch feelings response. unless you were talking about yourself

There's a difference between being a fan and being a dick for no reason. Point in case, Slay probably knows more about comics than pretty much everyone on GAF. But compare how Slay is communicating versus others in that thread. Hell compare how Slay talks to people in all comic threads in OT versus how many of the others do and that difference is made clear.

I mean some posters actually posted their reason why they don't ask comic questions in the comic thread but instead defer to OT, and the comic thread has had the discussion several times about it and the answer is always the same. Too many of the members act snobby and condescending to people who want to learn or present their ideas.

If you feel the need to be overly condescending to people just because they want <insert X far left idea for comic book movie Y> then you have some issues that run deeper than merely being a fan of funny books.

if thats the case, compare him to the young heroes with short runs. mikey devantes, robbie reyes, jaime reyes, and kamala khan. all have interesting stories in their short series timeframes, whether the battles are internal or external. miles is directly implanted into petes life, and he still manages to middle out. honestly, i think thats most of the problem with the character right there. when kaine took over the scarlet spider, he relocated to houston and had a different cast from the usual new york people. miles is a character that instead of doing a different take with an established type, they played it safe, and now the character is suffering for it.

I'm enjoying Miles more than I enjoyed Son of Vulcan in his short time frame. Even Kamala doesn't have a great moment like Vermillion is looking for, she's just a very, enthusiastic and endearing character. Every time she meets a new superhero, it's cute. Robbie and Jaime are probably the best example of establishing their own core, but even they aren't firing on all cylinders all the time.

Miles is conflicted young hero who absolutely stands on his won away from Peter Parker. His issues with his family, the results of him being Spider-Man, it's all different.

For Vermilion, here's a gallery of some of Miles best moments in his short publishing history. For Parallax, I already know you don't know character goodness when it stares you in the face, throwing shade on Cyclops, breh.

Miles rocks.

Sillystring central only happened once. Got a solid nope out of me, backed the fuck out (of her business, not her business, mind you) and upped my standards a little bit. Very important rule for people out there: filth is not sexy. I mean, I can understand, like, musk or something, but having a dirty-ass room in a dirty-ass house and a dirty-ass life despite living in a first world country with access to running water and electricity is not a kink. It's just being lazy. I've run into it on both ends of the gender spectrum.

Slayven

I say my piece and get on. I am there to talk about the comics and make jokes. But I will always be there for Carol and Spider Woman shade.

In other news, my character "Slayven" is coming through for me in Darkest Dungeon. DY was suppose to be the chosen one but dude got dropped by a fucking skeleton.

Yup.

I am gold with everything.

I'm enjoying Miles more than I enjoyed Son of Vulcan in his short time frame. Even Kamala doesn't have a great moment like Vermillion is looking for, she's just a very, enthusiastic and endearing character. Every time she meets a new superhero, it's cute. Robbie and Jaime are probably the best example of establishing their own core, but even they aren't firing on all cylinders all the time.

Miles is conflicted young hero who absolutely stands on his won away from Peter Parker. His issues with his family, the results of him being Spider-Man, it's all different.

For Vermilion, here's a gallery of some of Miles best moments in his short publishing history. For Parallax, I already know you don't know character goodness when it stares you in the face, throwing shade on Cyclops, breh.

Miles rocks.

I just flipped through that little gallery with my son. My son already knew about Miles Morales. "He's the black Spider-Man and he can do a shock that's extra." If we're lucky, this'll go the route of Jon Stewart GL where all the kids know him.

ReiGun

I say my piece and get on. I am there to talk about the comics and make jokes. But I will always be there for Carol and Spider Woman shade.
Carol shade is everything.

Comic threads been shit for about the last two years. I'm over most everybody in the community. I try not to hang out in most of them for too long.

Parallax

There's a difference between being a fan and being a dick for no reason. Point in case, Slay probably knows more about comics than pretty much everyone on GAF. But compare how Slay is communicating versus others in that thread. Hell compare how Slay talks to people in all comic threads in OT versus how many of the others do and that difference is made clear.

I mean some posters actually posted their reason why they don't ask comic questions in the comic thread but instead defer to OT, and the comic thread has had the discussion several times about it and the answer is always the same. Too many of the members act snobby and condescending to people who want to learn or present their ideas.

If you feel the need to be overly condescending to people just because they want <insert X far left idea for comic book movie Y> then you have some issues that run deeper than merely being a fan of funny books.

you act like its a one sided thing. the major arguments happening in that thread are from both comic and comic movie groups. do they both have their holier than thou members? no doubt. both sides have dudes that can learn to chill the fuck out, but thats an obvious thing.

and i havent seen anyone being rude just for the sake of being rude regarding people wanting to read comics. most of the people that get flak are the ones that come in with the "this is the reason i dont read comics" responses, which do nothing but cause irritation.

as for your last example, i could say that about being condecending in general though, but i guess thats just me

Miles rocks.

were on different pages here, because i completely disagree. mikey has done more in his short time than miles has in his longer time, and even with the issues that jaime and robbie have had, theyve still become better characters in a shorter time. im not saying that miles is devoid of potential, or even doesnt have good scenes, but at the moment hes incredibly stunted by his creator.

and new cyke is whack. old cyke is dope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom