• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Did a Brooklyn girl send you to straight to voicemail or something? I could use the salt from your tears for the ice on my driveway.
Yo, I'll just send you a bucket of hot ass Pacific Ocean water. Don't drink it though. I know how y'all thirsty for heated...anything

The majority of bleach plots are interesting to you? Bleach does three things good. Padding, random shonen power level jumps, and maybe combat but those are negatives most of the time as well.

Only real bad things to me about bleach is Kubo's pacing which is better taken in in one setting but still in general sucks. Introducing new characters and doing nothing with the ones he already has, and the inconsistent/consistent power levels.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Lolololol^^^

Only real bad things to me about bleach is Kubo's pacing which is better taken in in one setting but still in general sucks. Introducing new characters and doing nothing with the ones he already has, and the inconsistent/consistent power levels.
Ya the pacing is fucked as all hell if you read week to week. There's literally chapters where nothing happens whether it be a fight or dialogue. I need something new to read though.

KumaJG

Lolololol^^^

Ya the pacing is fucked as all hell if you read week to week. There's literally chapters where nothing happens whether it be a fight or dialogue. I need something new to read though.

What you interests? If you want a shonen the best out are Magi or Silver Spoon IMO. Seinen mangas depends on your interests.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
What you interests? If you want a shonen the best out are Magi or Silver Spoon IMO. Seinen mangas depends on your interests.
I'm honestly open to anything (I'm easily entertained). I was thinking about checking H x H since DY was talking about it though.

yo I was fucking done when Espada 0 rolled around, I finished that arc and haven't touched Bleach since.

You mofos really gonna keep pretending those two bleach characters I asked about don't exist huh
KuGsj.gif
says alot about the manga.

FreeMufasa

Man, hope that shit gets better free. The doctors don't know what's wrong?

I haven't been able to explain it well enough. But this new dude I'm going to is fluent in English.

all good homie

just addin on, but a sports psychologist - not one of those family "why doesn't appreciate it when i cut the grass :((" counselors. that's where i fucked up

Yea. Actually I was thinking of your situation and was gonna send my post yesterday as a PM. Have you recovered 100%?

Jacir

Kiss my bloody ass crack. The weather on the east side is impeccable like nothing else.

Noooottttt!!!

Edit. Epic fail posting this before finishing what I had to say. I can still wipe my ass, unlike some ppl.

...soooo yeeea.

Accidentally threw the wrong tea into the Keurig. I'm going to be up for a while now unfortunately.
So here I am listening to music messing with a random ruby on rails project.

I'll end up passing up at 8:30am....fuck.

Jacir

I think Subzero had an explainer post on this topic just yesterday.

Yes I just read it. Dudes don't know what the limits are I guess. Spiderwebs and subterranean worms are unpleasant visuals to be compared with the human body's most sacred regions.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I haven't been able to explain it well enough. But this new dude I'm going to is fluent in English.

Yea. Actually I was thinking of your situation and was gonna send my post yesterday as a PM. Have you recovered 100%?

Not 100%, but my situation was a bit different. Imagine you were kicking in doors and dropping dudes twice your size on the daily, then you get in a car accident - and you're on film doing some shit out of a movie. Your resume says you're the shit, people say you're the shit, but you're the one getting out of bed knowing that things are very different and you're not that guy anymore. Two of my closest friends didn't even have the heart to tell me that I wasn't even able to sit in a chair straight lol...

Anyways, I couldn't even begin to take physical rehab seriously until I was ready, mentally, to accept the fact that I was hurt. That shit took me 6 months in itself. It was particularly rough because I had my job to hold on to. Nothing worse than faking the funk like being forced to fake it in some form or another by everyone at your workplace. One thing that kind of resonated was the part where you mentioned your girl

man - that shit was the biggest L i had to take from the whole situation. not the fact that i got nerve damage in my left hand or the fact that i lost 30% of the range of motion in my elbow. My girl was awesome. We were awesome together, but a lot of that was on the principle that we were both strong. Its hard explaining that kind of stuff to others because, honestly, I could not legitimately hold it against her for not being able to prop both of us up. But everything that doesn't kill you makes stronger. I'm without a doubt better at my job, at people, at taking care of myself now than before and that whole ordeal is what I feel triggered that.

So physically, naw - I'm not 100%. I'm a solid 80-90 after a ton of hard work and grimey looks in the mirror. I did humble the fuck up and get a hell of a lot smarter though. Still not easy to explain... so I can't be like "I'm happy it happened", but I'm happy with how I bounced back from it all. If I had run into that situation or a situation of equal magnitude later on in life while still on the same pace that I had set for myself, I don't think I would've been able to handle it at all.

edit: I chose to learn how to shoot with my off-hand instead of getting an MRI on my arm. I was a fucking idiot lol.

Shy

i meant to post this earlier.
i'm really sorry to hear about what you're going through at the moment Mufasa.

i can not imagine how frustrating it must feel to loss your confidence the way you did.
but i can understand how isolating it can be not being able to articulate what you're going through.

i hope your new doctor really does help you.

and please know the everyone here in the BCT will always be willing to listen if there's anything wrong, even if it's a quick rant you type out on the phone.

have a great week. fam.
Not 100%, but my situation was a bit different.
damm, that's a hell of thing to go through. stay strong D.

...soooo yeeea.

Accidentally threw the wrong tea into the Keurig. I'm going to be up for a while now unfortunately.
So here I am listening to music messing with a random ruby on rails project.

I'll end up passing up at 8:30am....fuck.

I feel you. When I was making lunches last night I had a couple pieces of chocolate out of the granola I use for oatmeal, and I completely forgot they were espresso. I was up until like 10.

Imm0rt4l

Caffeine has no real affect on me. One reason I don't buy preworkouts. I've taken as many as 3 scoops of the old jack3d formula, nothing. I think the next logical step is cocaine.

Slayven

hey animeBCT

does One Piece ever stop being good?

like, with Bleach it was recommended I stop after they rescue Rukia

but it's like 220 episodes into One Piece and the show is still super entertaining

hahaha damn

The current arc is running a bit long, starting to hate it.

hey animeBCT

but it's like 220 episodes into One Piece and the show is still super entertaining

hahaha damn

Never stops being good. I watch it till I'm caught up, then don't watch for like 2 and a half years so I can binge watch 100+ episodes

hey animeBCT

hahaha damn

One Piece is life b.

And yea, the current arc is dragging a bit, not that bad if you don't have to wait weekly tbh.

Ennies Lobby > Marine Ford tbh

I knew One Piece was GOAT after the Arlong Arc.. back when I found out the 4kids dub is actually pure garbage, almost missed out on the great scene between Luffy and Nami.
pls stop playing the violin on your shoulder nami pls

Also, John Legend da GAWD.

I only ever watched Bleach after the Soul Society arc to see new shikai / bankai and to see "how will Ichigo shonen powerup his way out of this one?"

Caffeine has no real affect on me. One reason I don't buy preworkouts. I've taken as many as 3 scoops of the old jack3d formula, nothing. I think the next logical step is cocaine.

Nah, cocaine's weak stuff, just advance to Boardwalk and double down on bath salts and krokodil

KumaJG

I'm honestly open to anything (I'm easily entertained). I was thinking about checking H x H since DY was talking about it though.

HxH is GOAT. The author goes on Hiautus just to play Dragon Quest zzz.

For Manga Reads check out:

Feng Shen Ji
Kingdom
Berserk
Assassination Classroom a good comedy manga
Nanatsu no Taizai
The Breaker/New Waves
One Piece if can read 700+ chapters
Toriko (personal fave)
Freezing if you can get pass the ecchi stuff.
My Hero Academia
Sun-Ken Rock
Ajin(my personal favorite)
Magi
Silver Spoon
Shokugeki no Soma

Edit: forgot Vagabond and Vinland Saga. What I read so far been amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom