• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Hello NeoGaf!

This is my second post and I am very excited to finally being able to post this famous forum! I'm 30 and I am originally born in the great nation of Cameroon, but immigrated to Canada when I was a youth. My English is not perfect but I try to do my best and hope to improve. My real life responsibilities (and my young son) are taking much of my free time but I try to squeeze in gametime whenever i can. I cannot get into big long games so I prefer retrogaming *BIG SEGA FAN* as you can see from my forum handle and avatar

Being able to post on NeoGaf is almost a trilling experience after lurking for so long! I hope to be a productive member!
Welcome new friend. Hope you have a great time here.
Lol, me too. *sad trombone*
So, I'm back.
Welcome back.
The question is will I stay?
Yes you should.

Furyous

So whats everybody doing this weekend? I'm just chillin.

I've got an RSS feed set up for this drama going on. Shout out to Feedly.

I'm on my struggle gourmet shit because apparently my bank is on some fuckery. Limiting access to my everything so needless to say I am eating lots of rice, drinking water, and trying to eat my way to 3800 calories every day until Wednesday.

I'm taking a somewhat hiatus from everything at the moment.

CKyfxfpWIAAg4QA.jpg

too real

RubyFaith

I've been seeing a lot of BIG ASS confederate flags on the back of trucks a few times in my town lately

I won't be going to the movies for a while

I'm following the traffic laws as best as I can these days

I live in Texas

I've been seeing a lot of BIG ASS confederate flags on the back of trucks a few times in my town lately

I live in Texas
I live right outside Huntsville Alabama and I see them all of the time. Me and my little brother were talking and we came up with the idea to fly Union era flags on our cars. His case is even funnier since he drives a Prius.

Depends on who I am dealing with and how long the screenplay is. I usually just do it for college students. So anywhere from $100-$400. If I can't find a job in post-production soon I might start taking on bigger jobs.

Hmm, sounds like something I might want to start doing.

Editing without payment sucks.

Hmm, sounds like something I might want to start doing.

Editing without payment sucks.

I actually started this because my screenwriting friends got bad grades. I asked them to let me take a look and I just started going in on their stories. They improved and then started telling people I could help.

I've found out to never work in Hollywood for free. People will take advantage of you. I told a really good friend of mine that I can't key grip for him anymore unless he can get me $200 a day. Same when it comes to video editing.

I live in Texas

Texan here too. Still going to the movies but I did see a truck with a Confederate flag about as tall as me flying in the bed as the guy drove. Felt like ripping it down but all people seem to need these days to put a black person in the ground is one reason. Stay safe.

I've yet to see the Onion not kill it with these pointed articles

Jacir

I'm at this family's birthday party. It's one of those for the elderly type parties. Bunch of children that I want to knockout so they can be quiet for the rest of the day. Finally catching the WiFi here, its kinda slow. So far all the food I ate already was worth coming to this party.

Jack shit.

Jack shit cuz u ain't shit? Nah hope you at least enjoying the weather.

Japanese wrestling, i believe.

Cool cool.

Oh aight.

Hello NeoGaf!

This is my second post and I am very excited to finally being able to post this famous forum! I'm 30 and I am originally born in the great nation of Cameroon, but immigrated to Canada when I was a youth. My English is not perfect but I try to do my best and hope to improve. My real life responsibilities (and my young son) are taking much of my free time but I try to squeeze in gametime whenever i can. I cannot get into big long games so I prefer retrogaming *BIG SEGA FAN* as you can see from my forum handle and avatar

Being able to post on NeoGaf is almost a trilling experience after lurking for so long! I hope to be a productive member!

Welcome brother!(in hulk Hogan's voice)

Stay away from Slayven and you'll be fine here :)

Slay wearing a wire?

I'm in Hawaii for the weekend. Two of my college friends are getting married here today. Pray for my liver tonight, gonna be the first time we've had the whole group together since we graduated.

We all know he's a undercover agent.
Everyone's getting married and I'm over here in that trap called tumblr. Let your liver become the start of your superhero origin story.

Being salty I couldn't go to Otakon this year. Attending my sister's birthday dinner. Writing.

That sucks. Happy bday to your sister.

Drake's respone to Meek Mill

Any thought's? Personally liked the laid back beat, made it seem like Drake doesnt give too much of a fuck about the whole situation.

Not a good angle to take in my opinion. Meek has a big enough image that Drake really isn't being the bigger man taking that angle and when the insult in question make people question the legitimacy of your bars, the way to disprove it is to respond with a "Bitch in Yoo" or "Ether" kind of response.

Jacir

Need to finish editing this screenplay for my friend.

Will you have a shoutout for bct in it?

I've got an RSS feed set up for this drama going on. Shout out to Feedly.

I'm on my struggle gourmet shit because apparently my bank is on some fuckery. Limiting access to my everything so needless to say I am eating lots of rice, drinking water, and trying to eat my way to 3800 calories every day until Wednesday.

I'm taking a somewhat hiatus from everything at the moment.

Time to change banks homeboy if its taking this long for them to fix the situation.

Trying a new BBQ joint... It's not really new new but it's new to me after moving back to KCMO.

I keep telling myself to learn how to cook, but its been like 5 yrs. No motivation I guess and theres no need anyway tho. But still it's a good survival skill to have. Go and impress the ladies OK.

Went out with a lady friend may go see Dope later on today

That's dope 😉.

Jacir

Real talk he shouldn't have done shit. Nothing worse to a hurt nigga than to ignore them and go about your business like they don't exist.

I like the Kevin Hart School on how to deal with haters.

That's what he was going to do... Then apparently evidence started getting out that Meek wasn't lying. I mean last night Flex was on the air clowning Drake during his mix and claims he's got multiple reference tracks for Drake songs.

So at that point.. It isn't just some dude shit talking.

Slayven

That's what he was going to do... Then apparently evidence started getting out that Meek wasn't lying. I mean last night Flex was on the air clowning Drake during his mix and claims he's got multiple reference tracks for Drake songs.

So at that point.. It isn't just some dude shit talking.

At most he should have just tweeted "Ask yourself why folks want to drop lies now? #Illumnati"

Would have tied up all the people that really care

That Street Fighter V beta thread is hilarious. Folks going straight conspiracy theory..lol. Game is great, from what I've played. Birdie seems fun..really digging Nash, though.

Furyous

Drake's respone to Meek Mill

Any thought's? Personally liked the laid back beat, made it seem like Drake doesnt give too much of a fuck about the whole situation.

As a Drake respecter of greatness, THIS SHIT LIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHT *philly voice* This has to be a deflection. But at the same time, it's FUCKING DOPE that he responded.

I loved:

The Hot 97/Funk Flex slander. Flame these niggas... ALL OF THEM.
Remind Meek that he's on an unsustainable run and has shat on far more people during that run.
Drake was in the middle of a charity event and had to stop take time and write this.
This is the jab that counteracts loud rapping ass Meek.

I hated:

Drake using doozy in a diss record. Who the fuck uses a doozy in a record yet alone a diss?

This is going to be a good battle if Meek takes it seriously. Drake had to do something because Flex is doubting his artistry and Meek tried to end his career with these allegations.

You know these young adult novels being turned into movies. Have large background people never talked about how they looked in the books. I'd want all the cgi extra crowds to be black or green

You know these young adult novels being turned into movies. Have large background people never talked about how they looked in the books. I'd want all the cgi extra crowds to be black or green

They have on occasion, it's usually just an issue when people are too stupid to pick up on it and then complain when there's diversity. See that one black girl from The Hunger Games, from recent memory.

I live in Texas

They are mildly common here in rural parts of Alabama and Georgia from what I've seen.

And do be cautious. You're probably over doing it but it's better safe than sorry. Some of these fucks tried to run my cousin off the road by trapping her in the far lane and inching very close to her car to pressure her. Don't take them all for harmless idiots.

D i Z

I think it's past time for Black Panther to have an Iconic design. It's been too long that he's just got shadow jammies.

royalan

NeoGAF has...disappointment me this week.

A thread on a Drake scandal, AND male prostate orgasms. In one week.

And both two of the most boring threads I've read all year.

I expected more...

REAuBky.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom