• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Last night I saw 'Skin Trade', featuring Dolph Lungren, Tony Jaa, Ron Perlman and Michael Jai White. Great flick, super violent, super well shot in Thailand, its worth worth watching!

Dolph opens a connex full of dead sex workers, kills a man, then goes home and has sex with his wife the same night.
Human trafficking deserves better 'awareness' than shit like this.

Even as an action movie it blew chunks. Tony Jaa once again shows his talent in making long and boring car chase sequences. Seems like the only fight properly choreographed was the fight between MJW and Jaa. The rest of the movie looked like it was put together by an entirely separate crew.

I disagree with your opinion that this was a good movie. I feel it was one of the biggest turds I've ever seen in my life - mainly because it was supposed to be 'serious'. Movie was a joke.

I hope you bootlegged it tbh.

RedSwirl

The US Tax Code is 70,000 pages long....let's linger on that for a minute.

How long are other countries' tax codes?

So it took almost 70 episodes for this DBZ show to finally find its legs (Android/ Cell saga)

Shit is actually happening. Also, was it intentional to make Picollo the star of the show? Because so far, Goku has been only a little less useless than Krillin.

Also can we kickstart a version where all Bulma scenes are completely deleted? Seriously...

Wow. That figure really just hit me with how brief Kai is compared to original DBZ. I think original DBZ was maybe on Namek at episode 70.

*checks* Yeah. Ginyu was just showing up around ep 70 in original DBZ. Cell didn't show up until around ep 140.

Oh bo Rod didn't. He gonna say T. Swiftmaster has no ass. For shame

"Amar like Cosby's career died in the early 2000's"
Less than 10 seconds later
"Wow, why isn't he in jail"
"He's dead"

Y'all need to stop Stanning for Karen

Idba

I was wondering... Have any of you ever walked into a tanning salon before?

When I was 15 over half of every white person I knew were tanning, and it was mostly guys tanning togheter. Decided to check it out and found a chart for different skin tones and how much tanning you need. Darkest skin tone tone there was like olive skin.

Remember one guy showing his newly tanned skin because he was proud and he was red as hell

Slayven

Dolph opens a connex full of dead sex workers, kills a man, then goes home and has sex with his wife the same night.
Human trafficking deserves better 'awareness' than shit like this.

Even as an action movie it blew chunks. Tony Jaa once again shows his talent in making long and boring car chase sequences. Seems like the only fight properly choreographed was the fight between MJW and Jaa. The rest of the movie looked like it was put together by an entirely separate crew.

I disagree with your opinion that this was a good movie. I feel it was one of the biggest turds I've ever seen in my life - mainly because it was supposed to be 'serious'. Movie was a joke.

I hope you bootlegged it tbh.

Goddamn

"Guys quit making false equivalencies! ISIS and the confederacy aren't a same. One beheads, rapes, pillages, fires RPGs and threatens freedom and one... well, I mean, one of 'em just wants to support a happy heritage and state's rights!"

I will volunteer to start that thread. I want to heard the greivences of white people and the racism they face. If the mods believe
*snicker*
that racism effects everyone, it should be a valid thread.

IMMA BOSS ASS BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH

Making an AMV with this song is on my bucket list. It's so underrated. The lyrics are bad, but who listens to the lyrics these days. Maybe Mitchiko to Hatchin, Kill la Kill, Queen's Blade if I wanted to go for the plot.

Nice art.

There is one in the local mall. One of my darker friends looked inside as a joke but it was sorta empty.
Seems like you make an appointment or something since no one has been seen using it.

When I was 15 over half of every white person I knew were tanning, and it was mostly guys tanning together. Decided to check it out and found a chart for different skin tones and how much tanning you need. Darkest skin tone tone there was like olive skin.

Remember one guy showing his newly tanned skin because he was proud and he was red as hell

Oh so none of y'all actually went in to one. I was wondering the reaction I would get if I walked into a packed one, but I don't want to half ass it. I want to go in Slayven black.

Jacir

Good day to the superheroes
and supervillains
. Our powers combined are greater than Captain Planet. Melanin don't crack when you take care of it.

Also, I'm realizing for all my sound and fury, I ain't that proud. Been talking to a girl for a while, and though she really likes me and is a great person, I'm not sure I can reciprocate it.

The second she brought up her weed supply and the fact that makes more than me, I started asking some mad thottie questions to myself.

Idba

Oh so none of y'all actually went in to one. I was wondering the reaction I would get if I walked into a packed one, but I don't want to half ass it. I want to go in Slayven black.

Actually tried it a couple times past winter cause I missed the feel of sun on my skin (and there was a half price sale which helped)

At first most people wonder why I'd need tanning since my skin stays pretty much the same throughout the year, but I just told them "Need that vitamin D" and that was it.

Also the tanning bed I was in had speakers with pretty good bass so I just put on one of my Spotify playlists and leaned back. Most of the time noone gives a fuck about who is tanning because they're to worried about hitting all them untanned spots themselves

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Sasha Banks takes the WWE by storm,

I love me some Paige though.

She will. She's EASILY the most talented of the new crop of folks that got called up. She's outshining everyone. She's still very young. She was made for this business. She's going to be a superstar, pal.

Idba

150 mil on a Gambit movie?

Might as well burn the money

They throwing money at any potenial new superhero movie, even ant man got 130 mil. They know they cant keep up with the current Avengers cast wages and people will also get sick off them eventually

Hopefully that means theyll throw good money at the Black Panther and the inevitable Miles Morales movie too

Nah, just give him the Shortpacked "designed-for-women" treatment, style it as a Lifetime movie in disguise and watch the millions roll in:

tumblr_lvk8rsh4eC1qkinreo1_500.png

Numb

They are making a Gambit movie?
These superhero movies are bringing in too much money.
I wonder when the bubble will burst if ever.

zeemumu

They're staying true to the film's title.

I don't have a lot of stake in most of the movies coming out in the next few years. I mean, I hope they're good because I've enjoyed the MCU up to this point, but right now I'm only concerned with Captain America: Civil War.

Numb

Next year, Deadpool looks like the Devil's Third of comicbook movies

People might have an excuse due to Ryan and green lantern blaming it on him.
There are so many of these superhero movies and my friends think we should watch them just because of that and no one wanted to watch Mad Max with me.

zeemumu

arn't superhero movies just this era's sort of fad

as the 80's was action movies

It's been a weird ride. They started superhero movies a long-ass time ago with the campy overly-triumphant stuff, then it died for around 20 years and came back with the gritty darker films like Batman, then THAT turned campy and everyone else tried to do the dark gritty thing and ended up turning superhero movies in a dark angst genre with Spiderman and X-Men being the only one not following suit, then THAT got fucked up with 3 and Iron Man came out and threw us into the current era. It'll eventually hit a ceiling and come back down, then return again in a few decades. Thing is, if these leave then something else has to take the place of the summer blockbuster, and we don't have a lot of young-ish action stars left. What if the end of superheroes gives way to the era of summer romance?

Numb

It's been a weird ride. They started superhero movies a long-ass time ago with the campy overly-triumphant stuff, then it died for around 20 years and came back with the gritty darker films like Batman, then THAT turned campy and everyone else tried to do the dark gritty thing and ended up turning superhero movies in a dark angst genre with Spiderman and X-Men being the only one not following suit, then THAT got fucked up with 3 and Iron Man came out and threw us into the current era. It'll eventually hit a ceiling and come back down, then return again in a few decades. Thing is, if these leave then something else has to take the place of the summer blockbuster, and we don't have a lot of young-ish action stars left. What if the end of superheroes gives way to the era of summer romance?

Summer romance? Taking the spot of such summer blockbusters as a romace film seems hard.
I would like to see americanized animes that don't suck almost on purpose like DBZ. Comboy Bepop, Akira or giant robots. Pacific rim was tight as hell.
Would prefer if they didn't end up in a long filming hell/cycle.

Jacir

Summer romance? Taking the spot of such summer blockbusters as a romace film seems hard.
I would like to see americanized animes that don't suck almost on purpose like DBZ. Comboy Bepop, Akira or giant robots. Pacific rim was tight as hell.
Would prefer if they didn't end up in a long filming hell/cycle.

Is Comboy Bebop a black version of the original?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom