• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

He is a chill dude I think. Blending inside the train and no one even noticing that it's him from the matrix.

John Wick was fantastic. Looking forward to his future projects whatever they may be.
Him, Jackie Chan and Nick Cage i always watch without a second thought.

a little butter, some chesse, salt and pepper.

No sugar

RG0BS1U.gif

Crocodile

A) Holy shit I just read what happened to FreeMufasa's dad. Condolences to your family man, that some messed up stuff :( May your dad RIP

B) That's some mighty fine artwork Blasian. Keep up the good work :)

C) Black Lagoon would've made an excellent Hollywood blockbuster. There's actually a good number of Western friendly manga/anime that could be mined by Hollywood but everybody has Akira and Eva boners so *shrug*

With that Confederate flag topic adding to the wealth of topics where ignorance is laid bare all over again, this Washington Post article seems apt: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...ct-themselves-in-the-age-of-blacklivesmatter/

I've 100% felt I've needed to practice those tips to avoid getting so depressed as to effect my work and what not :/ Also part of the reason I avoid stepping into a lot of OT threads.

Jacir

John Wick was fantastic. Looking forward to his future projects whatever they may be.
Him, Jackie Chan and Nick Cage i always watch without a second thought.

I only saw the second half of John Wick when my sister was watching it. He was giving people no mercy man. I have to see it from the beginning before hbo takes it out of rotation.

Numb

I only saw the second half of John Wick when my sister was watching it. He was giving people no mercy man. I have to see it from the beginning before hbo takes it out of rotation.

It is amazing. Never seen so many headshots and insta-kills.

Numb

Sugar in spaghetti is worse. I remember my made a pot of it and because my stepdad likes it she sugared the whole damn pot, closest I ever got to cursing her out.

Sugar in there is tight with some special oil that i use. The oil is crucial tho otherwise it's nasty.

Slayven

Y2Kev basically sitting in the rocking chair with the belt because he told your ass to be home before the street lights came on.

akira28

ya'll don't know nothing about that inadvertent maple syrup getting on your buttery grits and smoked sausage tho.

and you're not actually supposed to sugar the spaghetti. You're supposed to use as sweet a tomato as possible, and then a pinch, a pinch of sugar, which works really well with the acid of the tomato, and you're not omitting salt, so it causes balance instead of just a salty savory taste. I mean, it works, but its really easy to fuck up too. Go too far, just throw it in the trash. there's nothing to be done.

Numb

I just cook it like normal first and then put the sugar and oil on it.
The same way i eat beans and rice.

People who put ketchup on every single thing they eat are the weird ones.

ya'll don't know nothing about that inadvertent maple syrup getting on your buttery grits and smoked sausage tho.

and you're not actually supposed to sugar the spaghetti. You're supposed to use as sweet a tomato as possible, and then a pinch, a pinch of sugar, which works really well with the acid of the tomato, and you're not omitting salt, so it causes balance instead of just a salty savory taste. I mean, it works, but its really easy to fuck up too. Go too far, just throw it in the trash. there's nothing to be done.

I think I misunderstood - my friend pours sugar on the spaghetti sauce when he makes spaghetti.

Jacir

What was Obama talking about when he said something with Lucy and our ancestors, in his African Union speech? Yes I'm a little late on this.

akira28

Man I can make you a sauce with some olive oil, some pesto, some herbs and spices, toasted minced garlic, and some sugar and sea salt and you will be licking the plate. And all it is is some oil and spaghetti. Don't sleep on the sugar, just know how to use it.

edit: coincidentally those were all the ingredients I had in the house. #thestrugglechef

Trey

man, people weren't kidding about the Boondocks season 4 being bad. Just watched the Kardashian episode...

Edit: the siri episode not bad though.

zeemumu

man, people weren't kidding about the Boondocks season 4 being bad. Just watched the Kardashian episode...

Edit: the siri episode not bad though.

Looks like Aaron MCGruder didn't write for that season. Maybe that's why?

Favorite episode's still the Attack of the Killer Kung Fu Wolf Bitch.

Good thing nobody here sugars their grits.

I used to mix my scrambled eggs into my grits because I hated scrambled eggs and the grits muffled the taste.

Should I have gotten into the Black Panther comics? I don't know much about him outside of his country being super technologically advanced and that he was pretty much the centerpiece in rebuilding the world after the Marvel Zombie apocalypse.

Friend sitting at home doing nothing. Didn't even notice the buildings around hers was on fire til her boyfriend called to check up on her outside the complex because they wouldn't let him in. They got out find and just lost things and best yet had renters insurance

Also pour sugar in Sprite (warning the chemical reaction will over flow it if the Sprite is full in the containers l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom