• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

so in case you wanted an updated Power Ranking:

1. White Lives
2. White Property
3. Animal Lives
4. Non-White Lives
5. Non-White Property

Fixed. Please believe if that man had shot, beheaded and skinned a house cat, there would be just as many people protesting in front of that dentist office.

Jacir

Young Magus

86067bf81400a45ab63d4edb4db513ef.jpg

Society was a mistake, it's nothing but trash

I've never understood the hate for The Book of Eli either. I have to imagine a lot of gaffers hate it because it's "too religious," even though that's totally missing the point of the fucking movie. That reminds me though, I did a Saul Bass-style poster for it back in April for a class:

Onemic

I've never understood the hate for The Book of Eli either. I have to imagine a lot of gaffers hate it because it's "too religious," even though that's totally missing the point of the fucking movie. That reminds me though, I did a Saul Bass-style poster for it back in April for a class:

I couldnt care less about the religous bit. I hate it because it's a straight up shit movie

Its all cecils fault really, he just wouldn't stop saggin his damn tail and rockin his thug ass mane everywhere he went, that poor white hunter must've felt threatened and panicked :/

harSon

Banned
Where the fuck were ya'll Book of Eli apologists when I was getting trashed a few years ago for suggesting it wasn't horse shit

akira28

I was banned for being "too crass". That's what my ban message said.

I think I'm still a bit salty about that.

was going to change my avy and wanted to check the sizes but instead decided to check out the TOS.
\
am i the only one here whos never dated a white girl?

i feel like im missing something

only thing you're missing out on is dat racial awkwardness with her family.

Kreed

Where the fuck were ya'll Book of Eli apologists when I was getting trashed a few years ago for suggesting it wasn't horse shit

I didn't like the movie enough to jump into a GAF movie thread. Like you said, it wasn't horse shit Church's Chicken, but it was just "ok". I mostly liked that Whitta did something different with a black actor (same with After Earth) besides the usual slavery/civil rights/black romance/comedy/sports/hip hop/gang violence/buddy cop shit.

akira28

I didn't like the movie enough to jump into a GAF movie thread. Like you said, it wasn't horse shit Church's Chicken, but it was just "ok". I mostly liked that Whitta did something different with a black actor (same with After Earth) besides the usual slavery/civil rights/black romance/comedy/sports/hip hop/gang violence/buddy cop shit.

Did he write it for a black actor? It was definitely a nice touch. Seems like the kind of thing they would have gotten a David Carradine for, and not even thought about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom