• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

I tried to watch it, but it's not moving me at all. Last year I was glued to the screen, but this year is not so much.

Should be better when the main event starts. It's just group stages right now, so the hype is kinda low and the teams are saving their ace-in-the-whole strategies.

lol, oh I had a feeling too. only now am I feeling like something was bullshitty.

back away, or I'll slap you back to Melmac.
giphy.gif

Did he write it for a black actor? It was definitely a nice touch. Seems like the kind of thing they would have gotten a David Carradine for, and not even thought about it.

Hmm. David Carradine died in 2009, Book of Eli came out in 2010, so it /could/ have been him. Maybe.

And Book of Eli, to me, was fun, but I couldn't buy into the conceit that the Bible had been destroyed to the point that only one copy remained. The BIBLE, y'all. I guess I had to sit back and consider the tale to be more of an allegory. A Pilgrim's Progress, if you will.

andthebeatgoeson

am i the only one here whos never dated a white girl?

i feel like im missing something
Dated a half Italian half Japanese in to cross fit. Ohh lawd. But either way, just like any other girl. Been around the world and aye aye ayyye... And they are all about the same. Indian, Hispanic, Chinese, white and black. Nothing's really different but what you try and see.

With the cat lives matter, it's about time for my second annual abandon. I'm not fully ready but with mh4u and splatoon, I think I have enough.

I've turned around on Karen. She provides the important role of condensing down things talked about so people like me could understand.

I.E. "Billy didn't use the cups in the drawer for his glass of juice because he didn't know they were there"

To "Billy probably didn't use cups. I'd know where the cups at but he didn't"

Slayven

I've turned around on Karen. She provides the important role of condensing down things talked about so people like me could understand.

I.E. "Billy didn't use the cups in the drawer for his glass of juice because he didn't know they were there"

To "Billy probably didn't use cups. I'd know where the cups at but he didn't"

Karen's job is to deliver Drake slander.

I remember the thread on the original incident with the girl calling him an ape. Bunch of posters said it wasn't racist because they never used to call aboriginals apes. I dug up some old books where they were referred to as apes, and they said they "never heard about it so........its not racist.", the mental gymnastics was gold medal quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom