• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akainu

He might be really black, they never really confirmed his identity pre weapon X. He does know a dude called T-Ray.

Side note, a Black Canadian taking the job of a Native American.

HtqBq1H.jpg
Does every black person in comics reveal themselves like this? lol

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
At worst Bloodborne will be the same quality as Dark Souls 2. We've already seen footage.

personally this has me more worried than anything.
I enjoyed my time with ds2 but it's the worse in the series imo.
That said I plan to pick up the remaster when the price drops.

Booshka

The fastest you've written a 3-4 page paper. Double spaced 12 font times new roman?

Probably 30 mins, just off the top of my head bullshitting, acting like I knew what I was talking about and focusing on just a couple topics so I didn't get lost in my nonsense.

I think it was for an essay about Cat on a Hot Tin Roof as a Senior in High School.

Got a B, Teacher saw right through it, but was impressed that I could sorta carry on a coherent thought even when bullshitting.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I feel like people only think about the ways Dark Souls 2 is worse than Dark Souls and ignore the ways it's better.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Probably 30 mins, just off the top of my head bullshitting, acting like I knew what I was talking about and focusing on just a couple topics so I didn't get lost in my nonsense.

I think it was for an essay about Cat on a Hot Tin Roof as a Senior in High School.

Got a B, Teacher saw right through it, but was impressed that I could sorta carry on a coherent thought even when bullshitting.
hahaha 30 minutes. Impressive.

Imm0rt4l

Damn. Y'all really hate games. Wanting Bloodborne to fall? For the lols?

8FAa4U2.gif

Gnite, chirin..

That is some gross shit for real. I can understand if it was born out of a line of shit games that needs to end because it propagates furries or loli's or something. But to want to see a game like it fail just for the meltdowns is some straight childish shit. I don't even play souls games like that.

Just watched nightcrawler wtf at the end omg fuck all the things

great movie, what was your issue with the ending? I liked it personally.

Gorillaz

I feel like people only think about the ways Dark Souls 2 is worse than Dark Souls and ignore the ways it's better.

Dark Souls 2 has alot more variety in weapons and overall PVP setup but level design and especially the boss design isn't on the same page of Dark Souls 1.Bonfires every 5 seconds and way to many humanoid bosses. Some were the same bosses from the first game and almost every one of them used some form of fighting style similar to Artorias the Abysswalker from the DLC of Dark Souls 1.

2 is still a good game but I'm not rushing back to replay it. They focused more on making things challenging just to be challenging. Which is one of the things Miyazaki didn't want with Demon and DS1.

RBK

Banned
Damn. Y'all really hate games. Wanting Bloodborne to fall? For the lols?

8FAa4U2.gif

Gnite, chirin..

It's not a game I care for to begin with, but it'll bring PS4 owners back to earth for glorifying every exclusive as the next best thing.

At the same time, I do need more games to justify spending $300 plus on a PS4 right now.

Dark Souls 2 has alot more variety in weapons and overall PVP setup but level design and especially the boss design isn't on the same page of Dark Souls 1.Bonfires every 5 seconds and way to many humanoid bosses. Some were the same bosses from the first game and almost every one of them used some form of fighting style similar to Artorias the Abysswalker from the DLC of Dark Souls 1.

2 is still a good game but I'm not rushing back to replay it. They focused more on making things challenging just to be challenging. Which is one of the things Miyazaki didn't want with Demon and DS1.

This is probably my only complaint about Dark Souls 2. I still love the game though.

Malyse

That is some gross shit for real. I can understand if it was born out of a line of shit games that needs to end because it propagates furries or loli's or something. But to want to see a game like it fail just for the meltdowns is some straight childish shit. I don't even play souls games like that.

great movie, what was your issue with the ending? I liked it personally.
Dark Souls is a particularly shitty fandom. I'll take pleasure in their suffering. Besides, they're all masochists anyways, right?

Merc_

You're missing the best part though, the game doesn't have to actually be bad to bring in the meltdowns. The Order actually had positive reviews posted, but gaming side focused completely on the negative reviews. They threw tantrums in the review thread and made numerous topics to stealth whine about the scores and reviewers personally. We just need enough reviewers to not think the game is the greatest thing ever and the tears will flow again. These dudes are so insecure about their purchases that even a small number of people criticizing Bloodborne will be enough to set them off and that is seriously funny as hell.

akira28

I love DS, but I can't claim to be a fandom member. I read all the lore, collected most of the weapons and put in 80+ hours into the game with PVP and DLC, but the internet has been doing the most for fandoms of all types, and I don't know if I can claim it anymore.

Booshka

I probably have most hours played on Dark Souls for this entire forum, it's been my main game for the last 3+ years. Just stupid amounts of hours.

I put in 300 into Dark Souls 2 and it was a big disappointment to me, went back to Dark 1 after I played some of the PC version of Dark 2.

The fastest you've written a 3-4 page paper. Double spaced 12 font times new roman?

If we're talking including researching, citing sources, etc. probably about an hour. Took some concerta to get an end-of-year thesis paper thing done once and managed 7 pages (and a source page) in about two 50-minute periods.

Dark/Demon souls fandom gives me a Preptime Batman fandom vibe.

Lol that bad? My interaction with other Souls fans is limited to a) playing Souls and b) watching Epicnamebro/Vaati.

Then again, people are eager to shit all over whatever the latest game at the time is in favour of the previous one. Happened with DS and DS2 and will probably happen to Bloodborne as well. :-(

Slayven

Lol that bad? My interaction with other Souls fans is limited to a) playing Souls and b) watching Epicnamebro/Vaati.

Then again, people are eager to shit all over whatever the latest game at the time is in favour of the previous one. Happened with DS and DS2 and will probably happen to Bloodborne as well. :-(

I never go into the threads. But from the amount of them, it seems like they over sell the hell out of the games.I only played the demo, didn't like the combat.

I never go into the threads. But from the amount of them, it seems like they over sell the hell out of the games.I only played the demo, didn't like the combat.

"Why didn't you like the combat? It's not clunky, it's responsive and perfectly covers all necessary player actions. If you can't handle doing things yourself without a bottle in your mouth and a double-layered diaper it's not the game's fault, it's yours."

Slayven

"Why didn't you like the combat? It's not clunky, it's responsive and perfectly covers all necessary player actions. If you can't handle doing things yourself without a bottle in your mouth and a double-layered diaper it's not the game's fault, it's yours."

Yep that too, as far as I concerned Dragon's Dogma has the best RPG combat.

This weather continues to fuck me over. I was supposed to get my hair retwisted today and can't get it done again. This shit is looking awful and has been in for too long.

I am absolutely terrible at video games and that's the only real reason I'm having second thoughts on buying bloodborne. I don't have a doubt in my mind that it'll end up being a good game but if it releases and does somehow end up sucking I won't ever pass judgement before release ever again

Malyse

DD, I'm not having this "I'm not part of the fandom" argument.

------

Slayven, Souls isn't for everyone (no game is) so that's fair enough. I prefer souls armed combat to Dragon's Dogma but bow/magic Dragon's Dogma is untouchable. So damn good.
Now I want to play again...

Malyse

DD, I'm not having this "I'm not part of the fandom" argument.

------

Slayven, Souls isn't for everyone (no game is) so that's fair enough. I prefer souls armed combat to Dragon's Dogma but bow/magic Dragon's Dogma is untouchable. So damn good.
Now I want to play again...
I'm glad you accept that I'm not part of the fandom. I'm proud of you. Takes a big man to see and admit when he's wrong.

I'm glad you accept that I'm not part of the fandom. I'm proud of you. Takes a big man to see and admit when he's wrong.

Was there really a need to put words in my mouth here? Or do you just want people to explain for the millionth time why you're definitely deep within several fandoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom