• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

What? Laughs Out Loud!

When Linda Danvers tried to take the place of pre-Crisis Kara Zor-El, she unknowingly won the heart of the pre-Crisis version of Superman. The two married, and had a daughter named Ariella Kent (R'E'L in Kryptonian). When Spectre came to send Linda back to the post-Crisis era, and return the pre-Crisis to its original state (and replace her with Kara), Linda agreed on the condition that Ariella would be spared. The Spectre agreed to her terms, and when all traces of Linda Danvers' existence were wiped from the pre-Crisis era, Ariella was left alone to wander the universe. Possessing incredible powers at the very tender age of 6, Ariella began to play in space, unknowingly causing massive devastation. Her ability to time-travel carried her to the 853rd century, where she saved a planet from destruction by playing with the invaders (and accidentally destroying all of their ships and weapons). She became very attached to alien refugee, Dura, who had been fleeing from her, since she had nearly destroyed his planet. She called him "Daddy" (he called her "R'E'L, the Destroyer of Worlds"), and he was able to use her affection to exert some degree of control over her, and keep the universe safe.
She was crazy.

1 Million had the best goddamn concepts. I miss that DC.

For real

2164445-gr.jpg

Can't hate someone that says "Kill you to death" with a straight face. Supergirl One Million was on his level though, but she didn't know she was destroying civilizations. She just thought she was playing

Supergirl_Vol_4_1000000.jpg

When my littlest brother was younger he used to threaten to "murder us to death." Upon reading that line from Superman Prime, I almost died.

He never did, but he did become Cthulhu for a few arcs, he made a dark bargin for the city of San Diego. I am not even joking.

Dweller_in_the_Depths_002.jpg

The closes I think off of the rip is the Cancerverse. The Many Angled Ones kill Death, and life runs unchecked.

1415783-cancerverse2.jpg

I was thinking of this:

08-Night-Gods-VS-Aquaman.jpg

Jacir

Why do I have the slightest urge to yell "I fucking love black people."? I have it going insane in the membrane or my melanin levels are spiking.

Hold me back brehs.

esms

Counterpoint: it could very well be 600 pages if you included all the deleted posts but still only make it to 25 after purging

I'd love to see a thread sans moderation about feminism on the gaming side, just to see how many stealth MRA types and GGers we have in these here parts.

And to make me appreciate how hard moderating threads like that must be.

Trey

Are there two women by that name? The person I found is blonde white woman.

Arquette won an Oscar and made a tactical error in her speech where she called for feminism. Instead of intersectionality, it came off more as if she was saying these other issues aren't important anymore (like racism and gay rights), women's rights are where it's at.

Merc_

Arquette won an Oscar and made a tactical error in her speech where she called for feminism. Instead of intersectionality, it came off more as if she was saying these other issues aren't important anymore (like racism and gay rights), women's rights are where it's at.

She also made it sound as if we owe white feminists for helping us. As if we forgot how they tried to fuck over our ability to vote and the continued shitty treatment of WoC in the movement that still goes on today.

Jacir

Anyone watching "Dig" on USA next week? It seems real interesting and I expect uproars since they say it deals with all 3 abrahamic religions.

akira28

She also made it sound as if we owe white feminists for helping us. As if we forgot how they tried to fuck over our ability to vote and the continued shitty treatment of WoC in the movement that still goes on today.

"But it was so long ago guys, that's not an issue anymore. And really, why are you blaming us? we weren't even born! Lets move past that and work together for our cause today."

its called a reminder because people keep "forgetting" shit.

Trey

All I ever see Good in is soaps and hood dramas. And her character in the description sounds so paint by numbers. "not afraid to break a few rules." lol

Good will have to wrest control of that show from the jump by playing an interesting character, because a storyline centering around future telling crime fighting can get out of pocket quickly.

Jacir

They could try to predict Cookie, only for Cookie to Cookie them.

Nobody wanted Cookie when she was in that cookie jar all locked up. Now Luscious want to be the top monster but Cookie ain't playing around this time around.

Meagan and Taraji are way too fine pieces to let go.

I'm on ep5. Don't spoil it for me.

Slayven

Rumor is Shonda Rhimes next show is going to have an Asian female lead
Kelly Hu probably blowing up phones.

Nobody wanted Cookie when she was in that cookie jar all locked up. Now Luscious want to be the top monster but Cookie ain't playing around this time around.

Meagan and Taraji are way too fine pieces to let go.

I'm on ep5. Don't spoil it for me.

You ain't going to be ready for anything that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom