• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

I'm so sick right now. Company called this morning said they liked me but I was weak on some technical things so they wanted to hire me for the Sys Admin I position instead which was about 10k lower than I had wanted. So I told them I wouldn't go less than X which amounted to 3k more than they offered.

Just got a call back and they rescinded the offer and said there is a hiring freeze on all positions now.

G7aB2va.gif

Shit at least they told you WHY they turned you down.

When has a monopoly EVER worked out in favor of the consumer? Like lord knows, as an example, if Sony wasn't around to serve as a counterpoint and Microsoft had its way, we'd all have to deal with always online DRM shit up the wazoo for fucking PHYSICAL games. A one console future means dickery up the wazoo.

Well really I'd just prefer to have some kind of open or "universal" console platform or OS supported by various hardware manufacturers that stick to a standard spec that changes every few years or something like that. I guess like Windows or Android except slightly easier for regular people to use. I know that's fantasy land though.

Jacir

Anybody seen these Oscar Insurance commercials lately? I want to check them out. So far they're only in NY from what I see. Expanding to Texas and California later this year.

damn my nigga. that's harsh that they ditched you over 3k. that's like $1.50 an hour ma.

Well they claim it wasn't just my position but all new hires. I asked if I would have accepted the initial offer what would have happened. She said she would have had to call me back and still rescind the offer. But they they could be lying who knows.

Its February why did I go into a thread about the possibility of a good racist?
Why did I get upset at some of the answers?
Why did I try to engage ?

God dammit!

DominoKid

looked outside and it's like a whiteout. didn't even entertain the idea of going to work tomorrow.
cant even enjoy it though cause these dipshits at work are riding us hard as fuck right now. still expecting us to do outbounds from home. work in sales brehs.

bruhhhhhh im dead.

Its February why did I go into a thread about the possibility of a good racist?
Why did I get upset at some of the answers?
Why did I try to engage ?

God dammit!

I don't know what the fuck I was thinking, and it took an hour of my life away I could have spent being productive somewhere else.

I will now return to lurk mode.

I stand by what I said. I've known of anecdotes where some crazy racist person actually meets the type of person that they are racist against and shed many of their views.

Hell, there are many people that claim that they aren't racist, and for the most part act like it... Then they indulge in some diet racist actions or whatever. It's usually because they don't necessarily internalize that what they're doing is harmful.

Then the most important thing is actually what determines who is a good person or not. Who here is a good person, and who here hasn't been victim to a lack of empathy, or ignorance over the years? Who here didn't start off marginalizing others (like transgendered people) because of what you were taught? Something something he without sin, something stone.

Judge not lest ye be judged. Etc.

Shy

there was a funny video. but please see edit

EDIT: i just found out that the poor man had mental health issues, i fell horrible putting the vid up now. sorry fam. :(

akira28

ah yes. succulent chinese meal guy. I never found out what they arrested him for.

this seems like a different angle from the video I remember though.

edit: oh. he was in fact arrested for eating a succulent Chinese meal.

and refusing to pay

Potentially.

1) That should count as molecular tampering, but
2) That would last for no time as literally anything around it warms it up, at which point it should theoretically return to its normal state. Bobby Drake could maybe do it (I think he can cool shit to absolute zero, lol) but the most important thing to remember is
3) Cap's shield does not follow the laws of physics. It both absorbs and reflects energy dependent upon what the writer wants.

Finally, a Human Torch w/ augmented power has reached Planck temperature (yes, comics), so I wouldn't count him out.

I don't think so, it been subjected to some very funky shit. The only times it been damaged were by a guy who had complete control over molecules, and high level magical beings. The shield is so balanced that being one molecule off caused it to shatter, almost set off a chain reaction that would have blown up the earth.

Man, that thing is OP. I knew about Planck temperature Human Torch, but I figured it would just be absorbed because comics.

The "weakest" counter to Cap's shield I've seen mentioned on GAF was Samus's Wave Beam. In-game it damages the enemy and goes through it, regardless of how resistant the enemy is. It doesn't just fizzle out if it hits a boss, etc.

Maybe you could at least incapacitate Cap by turning his shield into a BEC, and then the sudden rush of heat into the shield's general vicinity would cause an implosion? Still not blowing up the shield, mind you.

Man, that thing is OP. I knew about Planck temperature Human Torch, but I figured it would just be absorbed because comics.

The "weakest" counter to Cap's shield I've seen mentioned on GAF was Samus's Wave Beam. In-game it damages the enemy and goes through it, regardless of how resistant the enemy is. It doesn't just fizzle out if it hits a boss, etc.

Maybe you could at least incapacitate Cap by turning his shield into a BEC, and then the sudden rush of heat into the shield's general vicinity would cause an implosion? Still not blowing up the shield, mind you.

Well if you can get his shield anywhere near that cold, it's safe to say he would either be frozen or no longer holding it. You'd have to take it from him to turn it into a BEC in lab conditions, and if you were Bobby Drake, you'd just work around it.

Man, Florida cloud coverage is ridiculous compared to other parts of the States. In Texas the clouds are visibly miles in the air, but yesterday as I was driving home I had to cross a bridge pretty close to the coast and at the peak of it I couldn't have been any more than 60-80 feet away from the things. The ocean and the shitton of processing plants in the area thickening the clouds probably don't help, though.

Well if you can get his shield anywhere near that cold, it's safe to say he would either be frozen or no longer holding it. You'd have to take it from him to turn it into a BEC in lab conditions, and if you were Bobby Drake, you'd just work around it.

This is getting into older sci-fi territory, but if you could excite the air around him enough (like the "igniting the atmosphere" method of orbital bombardment), the shield could consider the lit atmospheres energetic enough to absorb, creating a vacuum. I mean granted, if you immolated everything surrounding Cap and then stole all his oxygen he'd probably be dead already, but if there's some type of alchemist character in the Marvel universe they could probably do it.

This is getting into older sci-fi territory, but if you could excite the air around him enough (like the "igniting the atmosphere" method of orbital bombardment), the shield could consider the lit atmospheres energetic enough to absorb, creating a vacuum. I mean granted, if you immolated everything surrounding Cap and then stole all his oxygen he'd probably be dead already, but if there's some type of alchemist character in the Marvel universe they could probably do it.

The bolded is the issue. The shield does what it wants. And an alchemist character could just stop the shield in multiple ways. Depending on how powerful they are.

So turning the shield into a BEC may work, but only for a *very* short period of time, seeing that the temperature required is much colder than anything else in the universe. Really, it would be more productive to use any other method if you had the power to turn it into a BEC in normal spaces.

Slayven

That was so dumb. Cap is tough, sure, but a point blank explosion? Dude should be dead.

Gambit wasn't trying to kill him, and Cap is mad of stern stuff. Dude gutted himself like a freshly caught fish, and kept rolling. Gambit did the charged the clothes trick before and didn't kill the guy.

Captain America tanked time acid, acid that burns in the past, present, AND future.

Gambit wasn't trying to kill him, and Cap is mad of stern stuff. Dude gutted himself like a freshly caught fish, and kept rolling. Gambit did the charged the clothes trick before and didn't kill the guy.

Captain America tanked time acid, acid that burns in the past, present, AND future.

Also dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom