• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

There was a superman game on genesis, hard as fuck. Couldn't get far in that game.

Superman returns game is pretty based, well as far as superman games go.

Slayven

There was a superman game on genesis, hard as fuck. Couldn't get far in that game.

latest

?

Flying in that game always looked so sick. Wish there'd been a PC port. Or at least another attempt at a similar game.

Rumor is Shonda Rhimes next show is going to have an Asian female lead

at this rate, shonda is gonna claim all the minorities. I'm not even mad. It's just more funny because the white directors don't have black writers and it's the black writers that are getting the alcolydes. Can't forget Jane the Virgin. And now Fresh off the Boat.

Jacir

Isis are being fucking assholes destroying history like that. Talk about intolerance. Fuck em till the hottest ends in the earth. All of them should be put into furnaces.

Sorry for the visual.

Africanus

I'm saddened those who were very critical of Sub-zero's excellent thread regarding racism did not return to rejuvenate the thread once they could not have a side-discussion on semantics.
I am even sadder I took the time to make a post in a dead thread.

As a side-note, why do the threads by this woman, Ms. Sarkeesian, always end in disaster of some sort? I note certain legitimate complaints about some of the facts she uses, but overall I can see not much of note to complain about.

Merc_

As a side-note, why do the threads by this woman, Ms. Sarkeesian, always end in disaster of some sort? I note certain legitimate complaints about some of the facts she uses, but overall I can see not much of note to complain about.

Dudes can't handle any criticism of their precious video games. Especially when it comes from "outsiders" (anyone not white and male).

Jacir

I have a slight problem with two things on that Sarkeesian list.

-the one about not overemphasizing a female's rear ends more than a males.

I don't know about you but I like my females that have more than average anatomical body parts. To me, it doest matter if its a real human being/person and game character or not. I also understand theres a certain limit, which differs for everyone, that a character's bodyshape starts to become unnecessary or cringeworthy. Now obviously it gets more complicated with characters who are not humanlike.

-the last one is to include female enemies and also not to sexualize them.

I don't have issues with female enemies or protagonists/antagonists. I do have a problem with the second part. I feel like that is something that can be done respectfully within context. I don't know tho...I would think there have been many sexualized female enemies in other mediums that are done right or not over the top.

If I was good at expressing more of my opinions/feelings and had more game knowledge(last game played was uncharted 3), I would indulge alot more in thoughtful discussions.

TheOGB

Banned
People keep referring to her opinions and suggestions as "decrees," for one thing

A lot of folks seem to forget that devs are free to take or leave any amount of that as they please, because they're still the ones making the games and they have wills of their own

I have a slight problem with two things on that Sarkeesian list.

-the one about not overemphasizing a female's rear ends more than a males.

I don't know about you but I like my females that have more than average anatomical body parts. To me, it doest matter if its a real human being/person and game character or not. I also understand theres a certain limit, which differs for everyone, that a character's bodyshape starts to become unnecessary or cringeworthy. Now obviously it gets more complicated with characters who are not humanlike.

-the last one is to include female enemies and also not to sexualize them.

I don't have issues with female enemies or protagonists/antagonists. I do have a problem with the second part. I feel like that is something that can be done respectfully within context. I don't know tho...I would think there have been many sexualized female enemies in other mediums that are done right or not over the top.

If I was good at expressing more of my opinions/feelings and had more game knowledge(last game played was uncharted 3), I would indulge alot more in thoughtful discussions.

sounds diet sexist.

Jacir

sounds diet sexist.

Yea, I tried being honest to the second degree there. Id don't mind some further criticism. I do agree with everything else on the list tho. I support Anita Sarkeesian, Zoe Quinn and others who are fighting against not only this gamergate bullshit, but because the problem is sadly bigger than that.

Merc_

Anita threads serve as one big honeypot for forum assholes. Has there ever been a thread about her that didn't end in mass bannings?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
This is it, fam. I might finally make it out of the bucket.

Final interview tomorrow for what could be my first big boy job in IT. Up until now I've worked for small businesses and outfits. This is a real corporation with a fat starting salary, healthcare and tuition reimbursement programs to prove it. Going to exercise before bed to flush the few jitters I have left. I know I've got the style, the skills, and the confidence to crush it. All that is left is to go in the room and own it.

royalan

Rihanna is allegedly dating Leonardo DiCraprio

He just threw a huge B'day bash for her and everything.

Frankly, I'm surprised. Didn't know Leo had pull like THAT.

EDIT: That shade in my misspelling of Leo's name was totally accidental...but I'm going to leave it.

EDIT: That shade in my misspelling of Leo's name was totally accidental...but I'm going to leave it.

Probably lays down pipe with the fury of a thousand suns from not getting any oscars

Trey

The dude is well respected, high status, obviously rich.

His pick up game is probably insane. He been going after supermodels for the last two decades. You'd get game just on accident with that kind of career.

Good luck Jackben.

Really? I'm surprised that you're surprised by this. This is a dude who regularly looks bored on his private yacht surrounded by super models. I'm sure he can get anyone he wants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom