• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought you were trolling, but can hardly tell the difference:
89dfe79037_sam.jpg

Lol I'm dying and I have no idea who these people are.

Shy

Brehs, the raid. Brehs my gawd.
welcome to the party fam.

When you watch the raid 2, see if you can get hold of the Indonesian cut.

Also if you're interested, watch Merantau, it's the first film the director and fight team/actors made, it's very good.

I Saw The Devil is okay.

Good cinematography though.

iba49G1XFnYRDX.gif
(not the best example, but the only gif I made. The car scene is a great example tho...I might gif it).

Yes, double standard out the ass.

The IR relationships in Scandal never bothered me. I use to be mad that she made the President white specifically because the President is black. Then I realized some time later that Shonda did the right thing making him white. If they would have made him black, the level of fuckery that would be said about all black men, that black men lust after white women, that Obama is fucking a white woman, etc would have been crazy. A white President can have an affair with other women and it's okay because white male exerting his dominance blah blah. A black president cheating? Nah. Goes back to the gotta be twice as good to get 1/2 the respect.

Scandal is a black woman's fantasy. Olivia Pope is intelligent, knowledgable, talented, fashionably dressed, and lusted after by incredibly powerful men, many of them white (Shonda did throw Handsome Black Senator in there to show that Olivia isn't racist, she's just down for powerful men). One white man calls her "Helen of Troy". She solves problems for the rich and powerful with her multi-ethnic crew. She gets involved with world wide situations (and extra progressive fantasy, her white Republican president achieves liberal agendas, wtf!).

And then you have the scenery-chewing, incredibly awesome Joe Morton reminding her that she has to be twice as good to get half as far, and that these white people can't handle her greatness.

Scandal is a black woman's fantasy. Olivia Pope is intelligent, knowledgable, talented, fashionably dressed, and lusted after by incredibly powerful men, many of them white (Shonda did throw Handsome Black Senator in there to show that Olivia isn't racist, she's just down for powerful men). One white man calls her "Helen of Troy". She solves problems for the rich and powerful with her multi-ethnic crew. She gets involved with world wide situations (and extra progressive fantasy, her white Republican president achieves liberal agendas, wtf!).

And then you have the scenery-chewing, incredibly awesome Joe Morton reminding her that she has to be twice as good to get half as far, and that these white people can't handle her greatness.

I caught a few episodes and this stood out to me as wtf. I about died at how liberal he was, I mean his aide is gay. Dying I said, D-Y-I-N-G.

Slayven

The crazy thing about ISIS destroying history and shit is that the old school Muslims were scholars and shit. They invented chess and some of that math that involves letters and shit.

Jacir

Rip to Earl Lloyd died at 86. First black player in the NBA. He also merged the league into one 50 yrs ago.

I'm sad brehs. He took it for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom