• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Has anyone noticed how some women are upset at men(and women in some cases) for defying gender roles while at the same time a not even a few years ago wanted men to be less masculine when it came to things like emotions. Now they're calling men bitches and stuff. not like that is particularly new but I'm seeing it more often that not.

Stupid is as stupid does

uIwdrcJ.gif

akira28

Has anyone noticed how some women are upset at men(and women in some cases) for defying gender roles while at the same time a not even a few years ago wanted men to be less masculine when it came to things like emotions. Now they're calling men bitches and stuff. not like that is particularly new but I'm seeing it more often that not.

same women who can only call other women females, and will straight up tell you "you a bitch" when you thinking you did the right progressive thing

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Ain't right. But I'm curious. As kids, they look somewhat the same.

Anybody been with a redhead? One checkmark I will miss.

Gotdamn, gata, that's a big picture. But I realized awhile ago, when Bish edited my picture, that it's impossible to see on a phone. So, there's that. Maybe I just need to upload and quote every picture?
-------------------
What's a good, free, internet music site to just vibe while doing work?

Yes to the redhead thing. Nothing to really write home about.

Music site that's free? Dashradio.com has like 30 stations, commercial free and all kinds of music.

RedSwirl

god damn gaf really does have a defense force for everything. when you got some lame arguing over michael jordan's clothing choices being acceptable you know the world lost.

All I'm saying is don't use it as a free pass to talk shit about North Carolina in general.

I'll probably whip up a more well thought out post or two in the Order thread once I'm done with classes.

In the meantime, I'm still in Furyous mode riding the high off my workout so I felt more than a little obligated to slap Order whitewashing stans across the face after it completely poisoned my "justified white characters" thread.

well this flavor of The Bachelor uses a preacher (might just be for this one guy) to help guide the guy into picking the right girl out of the 24...except they still do The Bachelor type shit but with less...

That brother fucked up in the first episode. He got rid of one of the finest girls in that first episode.

andthebeatgoeson

You watching this fuckry?

Hell yeah, after I saw that the finest woman on there is from the city I just got my degree in. I got to be on the support team for her.

snip

Edit- I went overboard on this post. Shame on me

I raise you an Ashleigh Hue.

https://lh6.ggpht.com/ZW3WKywctq3r8KPIy-2HxEM4lZnKtL1PM27YaNso8X7sEP7PeS6Xb--rxChHk-bkMqCy=w300

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6210/6032521127_6320ff0365.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r11t3mQRH_o

who called you a bitch? gimme their address.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Double standards.

Ain't right. But I'm curious. As kids, they look somewhat the same.

Anybody been with a redhead? One checkmark I will miss.

I have, it was my virginity being taken though so I can't accurate judge quality because at that moment it was the best thing ever.

FyreWulff

I am shocked there is no uproar over Empire remaking "Money for Nothing"

just looked that up

nice remix

also mark knopfler played the guitar track for Weird Al's parody of the song, so I think he definitely is up for other people using the song, lol

Jacir

Hell yeah, after I saw that the finest woman on there is from the city I just got my degree in. I got to be on the support team for her.

I raise you an Ashleigh Hue.

https://lh6.ggpht.com/ZW3WKywctq3r8KPIy-2HxEM4lZnKtL1PM27YaNso8X7sEP7PeS6Xb--rxChHk-bkMqCy=w300

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6210/6032521127_6320ff0365.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r11t3mQRH_o

She's pretty and has potential. Is she blasian?

It's a shame that I'm putting these in a salad 😩😩😩

I want to scream bacon, but its not thin enough. I can't cook for shit. I need a lady that can treat me right. Momma
and pops,
I love you for all the food you made. I need to learn the art of cooking someday.

Inception. Not impressed.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That's nasty
Goes great with horse steak

She's pretty and has potential. Is she blasian?

I want to scream bacon, but its not thin enough. I can't cook for shit. I need a lady that can treat me right. Momma
and pops,
I love you for all the food you made. I need to learn the art of cooking someday.

Inception. Not impressed.
Hahaha ask your parents I asked my dad and he hooked me up. My girlfriend and sister always force me to cook for them so I get a lot of practice as well.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Forgive me for I have sinned. It's been well over half a year since my last post in this thread.

I miss y'all. Can we be homies?

Jacir

Goes great with horse steak

Hahaha ask your parents I asked my dad and he hooked me up. My girlfriend and sister always force me to cook for them so I get a lot of practice as well.

Yea Ill have to do that.

Man this aljazeera special, Freedom:Crack in the System, is something else. Not sure if I'm surprised or mad. Fucking american paranoia leading to a whole bunch of people dying or being arrested for petty bullshit.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Will there ever be a discussion* regarding women and minorities in video games where people don't talk past one another entirely? I feel guilty of this sometimes too whenever I can't comprehend where people are coming from in dismissing it as a non issue or how to explain things differently despite explaining them 100 different ways or coming to a thread where half the posts are just garbage anyway, so it destroys your patience right from the start.

*on this website

EDIT: couple of things jmood88

I admire your effort. I hope you will keep making threads. One thing is that you want to try and create as water-tight and extensive an OP as you can in order to present any sort of discussion regarding women and minorities. Because even still people will try to pick it apart, but at least you will have more to pull from. Several references, examples, and excerpts. That way when someone tries to pick apart one you will still have the others. The other thing is to be selective about which people you respond to in terms of baseless criticism. There will always be bullshit but responding to certain kinds only perpetuates it rather than helping to refute it. The goal of certain posters is to just frustrate you or drag you down into pointless conversations to distract from the topic at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom