• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacir

I just found out HBO is finally coming to PS4 soon. Since my consoles were always my main media box, I can't wait to check HBO out. I can finally watch The Wire for the first time and see Boardwalk Empire too.

Odd topic to bring up, but coon is my favorite racist term for black folk. I wish someone would call me that in 2015. I'd die of tears of laughter and amazement.

I am not even sure why it is so funny to me.
I'm the same way with spear-chucker and moon cricket, just something about old racist terms...that are funny to me.

Shy

Wow, Jado did besada dirty.

So ain't shit lol

EDIT: 100% fuckboy.
really. what did he do to besada. ?
Odd topic to bring up, but coon is my favorite racist term for black folk. I wish someone would call me that in 2015. I'd die of tears of laughter and amazement.

I am not even sure why it is so funny to me.
for me living in the uk, it's wog, that's some oooold school racist term.

haven't been called it since i was very little.

Malyse

untitleddaoq2.png

this is funnier to me than it should be. Only a matter of time before DD gets clipped like that.
Fuck you too.

Malyse

nah, DD's gonna be fine

unless he snaps one day when Evilore tells him he's part of a fandom, in which case RIP in advance

Let's look at the etymology of the word "fandom".

Fandom is an inverted portmanteau of two words: fan, a shortened form of the word fanatic, and dom, which a misspelling of dumb taken from the word dumbass. In the original state, people who would obsessively inform others about trivial things, such as the romantic interactions of fictional imaginary characters, the strength of characters that would never interact, and the potential of who would be champion in a fight that would never occur, were referred to by rational people as dumbass fanatics. With English being a particularly lazy language, over the years this was eventually shortened to dumb fan. On a particular comic con, perhaps their feeble mind addled from by being "friend zoned" yet again, a fedora neck beard misheard dumb fan as fandom as thought it a proper way to collectively refer to his group of mouth breathing Cheeto stained "friends". And thus the word fandom was born.

Fuck your fandoms.

PM sent homie

*cough*

Fandom is an inverted portmanteau of two words: fan, a shortened form of the word fanatic, and dom, which a misspelling of dumb taken from the word dumbass. In the original state, people who would obsessively inform others about trivial things, such as the romantic interactions of fictional imaginary characters, the strength of characters that would never interact, and the potential of who would be champion in a fight that would never occur, were referred to by rational people as dumbass fanatics. With English being a particularly lazy language, over the years this was eventually shortened to dumb fan. On a particular comic con, perhaps their feeble mind addled from by being "friend zoned" yet again, a fedora neck beard misheard dumb fan as fandom as thought it a proper way to collectively refer to his group of mouth breathing Cheeto stained "friends". And thus the word fandom was born.

Fuck your fandoms.

Kubler Ross model

• Stage 1. Denial.

If anyone's interested in abstract / new media-looking wallpapers, I have some 1440p ones hosted online. They're just cropped from some homework thing I had to do.

chaos1.png

album

Fuck your fandoms.

so you're in the "i'm not part of a fandom" fandom in traditional hipster fashion

classic dreamy!

FyreWulff

I will never understand why any gamer would apparently want all the anti-developer requirements and terms placed on people who make games.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
*cough*

Kubler Ross model

• Stage 1. Denial.
/nottouchingthis

In other news, I've got a longplay of RE: Outbreak playing on my 2nd monitor and what do I see out of the corner of my eye...I had to go back, rewind and screencap to be sure of what I was seeing.

j6wBkfc.jpg

Capcpom pls

So if we all ended up in the Flex verse, what would our powers be? I'd probably be Aquaman but with housecats or basically turn into Black Panther with cat senses.

Imm0rt4l could generate No-Flex Zones where people can only lift at 2% usual capacity and don't get any gains out of it. He can also secrete pre-workout like a Butterfree on some Sleep Powder shit.

Slayven can summon paper doppelgangers of superheroes for short periods of time

Angelus oozes an intellectual spiritual pressure so strong it immediately transforms white boys in a 2 mile radius into mindless zombies

PhoenixDark can blare the Death Mountain theme out of any speaker in the world, and transform technology into Rap Cars like a makeshift allspark

Roy is basically the team cleric and constantly grants buffs to men of color in alignment with him. If he looks at someone in Beyonce's bloodline, they immediately get Super Cancer.

Dy can send anyone who isn't a legal adult to the Phantom Zone

I want to be a papermancer. death by a thousand paper cuts & spitballs.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I don't know if I could date someone that doesn't have a job. They'd have to be a full time student or something. It's like a litmus test for people: "can they interact with people and hustle". If the answer is no then idk that's a pretty big red flag.

Maybe I'm being insensitive but I feel like you need to be at a certain level on your own before you try to be with another person. I think it's a matter of putting your energy in the right places in the right order. Priorities.

That being said it might make sense to go after only other unemployed people. At least ya'll will both have lots of free time to be together, lol.

I don't know if I could date someone that doesn't have a job. They'd have to be a full time student or something. Maybe I'm being insensitive but I feel like you need to be at a certain level on your own before you try to be with another person. I think it's a matter of putting your energy in the right places in the right order. Priorities.

That being said it might make sense to go after only other unemployed people. At least ya'll will both have lots of free time to be together, lol.

Nah, I feel you. In terms of "common interests" on a base level I'm usually only attracted to people that have a steady job and stay in shape, whether that's running or going to the gym or whatever. I'm not really into people that are super unhealthy on either end of the spectrum, and I mean, if I've made a commitment it's one thing but I don't expect to pay for literally every single thing the first couple of weeks / months on the job side of things. I'm a full time student myself and still work part time - unless you have a ton of savings, I don't see how you could go full time without working in the first place.

Nah, I feel you. In terms of "common interests" on a base level I'm usually only attracted to people that have a steady job and stay in shape, whether that's running or going to the gym or whatever. I'm not really into people that are super unhealthy on either end of the spectrum, and I mean, if I've made a commitment it's one thing but I don't expect to pay for literally every single thing the first couple of weeks / months on the job side of things. I'm a full time student myself and still work part time - unless you have a ton of savings, I don't see how you could go full time without working in the first place.

I'm so ain't shit that I really can't judge anyone for not doing one thing or another. Really, it's a long-deserved lesson in humility.

Jacir

After my birthday next week, turning 24, I think I will take a break from GAF and maybe the internet. I am having to deal with these priorities that need be handled like an adult. I got to prove I'm better than this. Prove that I can be my own "chief life officer". Being a passive dude ain't good in this period of my life. I gotta fight harder than this. Im still in the valley, but I see the mountain.

Don't get distracted young one. Don't be silent about your dreams. Don't be afraid to climb. I'm here when you need me. Don't forget.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
A break can do a lot of good. Happy early birthday if I don't get the chance to say it later. I'm turning 25 on the 29th. Usually hate my birthday but I've been feeling really good about this year so I think it's time to change the usual dread into excitement.

Young Magus

/nottouchingthis

In other news, I've got a longplay of RE: Outbreak playing on my 2nd monitor and what do I see out of the corner of my eye...I had to go back, rewind and screencap to be sure of what I was seeing.

j6wBkfc.jpg

Capcpom pls

That should be the opening phrase of the next OT
if we make it that is

After my birthday next week, turning 24, I think I will take a break from GAF and maybe the internet. I am having to deal with these priorities that need be handled like an adult. I got to prove I'm better than this. Prove that I can be my own "chief life officer". Being a passive dude ain't good in this period of my life. I gotta fight harder than this. Im still in the valley, but I see the mountain.

Don't get distracted young one. Don't be silent about your dreams. Don't be afraid to climb. I'm here when you need me. Don't forget.

Godspeed bruh and happy birthday

Refund checks give you plenty and like homeboy said earlier, a lot of people are not unemployed by choice like all these college graduates I know including myself.

Gorillaz

i like how House of Cards tried to throw in some black social status & interaction shit a few of Remy's scenes this season.

speaking of HoC I finally finished season 2

Idk, like I think I do enjoy this show to a certain extent, but the world they present is pretty much cold in terms of simple interactions between characters, almost to the point of being unbelievable at times. Also I think there is something lost in Frank explain every scene and powerplay out, it makes it feel like no one is really a challenge or a check to him. Which is fun for awhile but it gets old when he plays the "you fell for my trap card" monologue back to the viewer.

I haven't seen more then just the first episode of season 3 so maybe its different.
Also the democrat majority whip, Jackie, can get it

Idk, like I think I do enjoy this show to a certain extent, but the world they present is pretty much cold in terms of simple interactions between characters, almost to the point of being unbelievable at times. Also I think there is something lost in Frank explain every scene and powerplay out, it makes it feel like no one is really a challenge or a check to him. Which is fun for awhile but it gets old when he plays the "you fell for my trap card" monologue back to the viewer.

Season 2 had WAY less of that, though.

DominoKid

I haven't seen more then just the first episode of season 3 so maybe its different.
Also the democrat majority whip, Jackie, can get it

in S3 frank takes as much as he dishes out. it's hard to devour people from the top.

RedSwirl

Refund checks give you plenty and like homeboy said earlier, a lot of people are not unemployed by choice like all these college graduates I know including myself.

Let's put it like this: What if your choices are between someone unemployed... and someone working a dead-end retail job and still lives in their parents' basement? The latter is basically how my friends are right now.

Quoted for the truth. One of my close female friends (read: someone I've had relations with and we're cool afterwards). Has two masters degrees and a few bachelors, unemployed. Because let's face it, why hire her knowing they have to pay her bank when they can hire some recent graduate who lives with mom and dad and pay them absolute shit and they'll take the job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom