• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mornin..
CrackerAC-bumper-sml.jpg
A white friend of mine says "Damn cracka ass crackas, and they cracka ways!" which I think he picked up from me as we were growing up together.

Jacir

Its time for me to get some fresh air even when its cold out. I'll get my double chocolate chip muffin or two and chill at the Four Freedoms Park, then I'm set for lunch.

Slayven

"She looked like a Final Fantasy character, all black ribbon and buckles"

I just read that line in a book, and i could not stop laughing.

Slayven

What book?

41bIqjVL2kL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0857664603/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Basically there is magic in the world(more like reality warping), and it manifests by whatever the person is obsessed with. The main character is a bureaucromancer, pretty much a god of paperwork. A lot cooler than you would think it was. The chick from the line is a Videogamemancer, she can use the konmai code for real. ANd I am not sure but I think he is black. His wife is Egyptian, and he described his daughter as having a mess of curls.

41bIqjVL2kL.jpg

Basically there is magic in the world(more like reality warping), and it manifests by whatever the person is obsessed with. The main character is a bureaucromancer, pretty much a god of paperwork. A lot cooler than you would think it was. The chick from the line is a Videogamemancer, she can use the konmai code for real. ANd I am not sure but I think he is black. His wife is Egyptian, and he described his daughter as having a mess of curls.

Hah, I actually have that on my Amazon list. Might actually order it now.

We got dudes saying The Order 1886 is only unrealistic racially if you look at it in an American-centric way because, let's face it, none of the Order talks black!

I find OP's take on Victorian England to be typical Americentrism.

Up until the late 20th century, England was defined by class segregation, with strict gender roles. The fact there were non-Anglo-Saxon people in London is moot when your cast are taken from the upper levels of society. In Victorian England, the elite, political/ruling class, police, military officers, judiciary and clergy would all be from the upper middle class or aristocracy. So Anglo-Saxon, well spoken and male.

We're through the looking glass, people.

41bIqjVL2kL.jpg

...I may have to read this

41bIqjVL2kL.jpg

That manages to sound interesting and awful at the same time...

We got dudes saying The Order 1886 is only unrealistic racially if you look at it in an American-centric way because, let's face it, none of the Order talks black!

Honestly everyone's "historically accurate" argument became nullified the moment there were three female Knights in The Order. You have the main chick, and the other two can be seen at various times during the cutscenes when they're sitting at the round table.

So, I should be getting word of album sales last night and I'm still getting nothing from my distributor. I'm not sure if that means they're late or if I haven't made any sales.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Revelations 2 is pretty good, friends. Raid Mode for years.

Azure J

reading this coli thread http://www.thecoli.com/threads/18-y...hio-to-china-to-meet-girl-gets-curved.297959/. Didn't know sosa was a simp.
Has niggaz in china been discussed yet ?

Any of the fam been over there ?

Muhfukka traveled all the way to Mordor to catch that fade

First post Coli looking like first post GAF, holy shit.

iszZZbJ0HT2gC.gif

Speaking of the Coli, I finally read that MJ chasing thread.

god damn, nothing could've prepared me for the Michael Jai White/bathroom gif

Well, sounds like I have some extended reading to do.

You probably posted this info already, but is there a place where we can check some of it out?

Bandcamp is the cheapest place to get it at $3.99 and it offers free online streaming for everything save the bonus tracks. Soundcloud has everything including the bonus tracks but they're compressed because of Soundcloud's encoding. Otherwise it's also available at every major digital retailer - AmazonMP3, Spotify, iTunes, Xbox Music. Google Play Store is the most expensive place to get it at something like $16 because of how they handle pricing, but yeah, there are multiple sources to listen to all of it. I'm always welcome to comments and criticism, too.

Bandcamp is the cheapest place to get it at $3.99 and it offers free online streaming for everything save the bonus tracks. Soundcloud has everything including the bonus tracks but they're compressed because of Soundcloud's encoding. Otherwise it's also available at every major digital retailer - AmazonMP3, Spotify, iTunes, Xbox Music. Google Play Store is the most expensive place to get it at something like $16 because of how they handle pricing, but yeah, there are multiple sources to listen to all of it. I'm always welcome to comments and criticism, too.

What distributor did you use? Tunecore?

Jacir

Whose the type of nigga who would buy a working desk with a hidden underneath shotgun attachment for protection?

Is it Slayven?

KumaJG

41bIqjVL2kL.jpg

Thanks Slay, I'll check it out

JLynn

It's been a while BCT. Hope everyone is well. I have a question.

Was I the only one who read the Ronda Rousey thread and needed to step outside for fresh air?

So if we all ended up in the Flex verse, what would our powers be? I'd probably be Aquaman but with housecats or basically turn into Black Panther with cat senses.

Imm0rt4l could generate No-Flex Zones where people can only lift at 2% usual capacity and don't get any gains out of it. He can also secrete pre-workout like a Butterfree on some Sleep Powder shit.

Slayven can summon paper doppelgangers of superheroes for short periods of time

Angelus oozes an intellectual spiritual pressure so strong it immediately transforms white boys in a 2 mile radius into mindless zombies

PhoenixDark can blare the Death Mountain theme out of any speaker in the world, and transform technology into Rap Cars like a makeshift allspark

Roy is basically the team cleric and constantly grants buffs to men of color in alignment with him. If he looks at someone in Beyonce's bloodline, they immediately get Super Cancer.

Dy can send anyone who isn't a legal adult to the Phantom Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom