• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

I talk to some of them. The thing is that we all work, have home responsibilities and social lives, so there doesn't leave much time to be homies with the neighbors. I do the wave, and once every two weeks actually talk to them. One neighbor I kind of avoid because she is a little too much of a flirt and I don't think her husband plays that game.

tumblr_nkpyv5e6pQ1tp719lo2_250.gif

This gif is going to be amazing in off-topic debates

Malyse

Empire is legit. I would play "You're so beautiful"

-----

A thought occurs that this could be something in the vein of The Cosby Show mixed with American Idol for the discovery of new talent. That is, assuming the show continues to be a success.

They have to cast Tatiana Ali and Brandy, right?

Enzom21

Are you guys still watching Black-ish? The show is getting better and better

Yes and it is. Needs more Fishburne though:
"Oh negress please! You married yourself a white man splashed on some patchouli oil and reinvented yourself. You are from Memphis D'Alicia. "

Yes and it is. Needs more Fishburne though:
"Oh negress please! You married yourself a white man splashed on some patchouli oil and reinvented yourself. You are from Memphis D'Alicia. "
Nah it needs more rear shots of Tracee Ellis Ross and all her thickness

tmdorsey

Empire is definitely not my kind of show and I think it has some decent moments, but overall it's bad to me. With that said, don't start watching if you don't want to get hooked. It's pure fuckery, trainwreck, can't look away type stuff. :jnc

EDIT: I root for Cookie though.

Empire is definitely not my kind of show and I think it has some decent moments, but overall it's bad to me. With that said, don't start watching if you don't want to get hooked. It's pure fuckery, trainwreck, can't look away type stuff. :jnc

EDIT: I root for Cookie though.
These are my exact thoughts. I talk a whole lotta shit about this show but here I am about to watch last night's episode on Hulu

Trey

I'm not at all embarrassed to say The Waterboy is one of my favorite movies. Any time it comes on I can sit and watch it.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Anyone else ever find themselves talking about race and realizing that you're talking into a vacuum?
I know what you're actually saying but for some reason the first thing I imagined was someone talking to their Dyson about Empire and race politics.

Jacir

Fucking Time Warner update your Fox on Demand so I can watch the latest 2 EPs of Empire. Slow ass motherfuckers.

Azure J

Miss your first class in the morning because of a blizzard brehs.
Wait until 30 mins before the next class in the afternoon for your professor to say whether or not class was canceled then guilt trip yourself into going to school through 8 inches of snow brehs
Get there and find out that you actually have class brehs (got in on time though banderas.gif)
Get kicked out when switching classes because "the school is now closed due to inclement weather" brehs

Why the fuck wouldn't you just cancel all the afternoon shit knowing that was going to be the conclusion?

I'm not at all embarrassed to say The Waterboy is one of my favorite movies. Any time it comes on I can sit and watch it.

I don't know why anyone should be embarrased over saying The Waterboy is a favorite movie. It's hilarious and doesn't age to me. Then again, I'm a weirdo who'll also get absorbed in Matilda and Home Alone 1/2 (the defacto Christmas movies) whenever they're on and I'm near the TV all these years later.

Slayven

Is it wierd I have a ritual for hooking up new electronics? I clean the space they are going real good then I shower and put on my favorite house clothes then hook everything up.

Is it wierd I have a ritual for hooking up new electronics? I clean the space they are going real good then I shower and put on my favorite house clothes then hook everything up.

Yes. Yes it is weird. Are you trying to date your electronics or just hook them up?

Trey

The only way my mind can square all this is if your idea of hooking up electronics is calling over a cute geek squad girl.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

I do almost the same thing. Got to set the mood and get the environment right.

fBTVr7z.png

The only way my mind can square all this is if your idea of hooking up electronics is calling over a cute geek squad girl.

"Yes sir, our Geek Squad installation tech Monica should be over in about 45 minutes."
"Yall got anyone else working today?
zI5jAWw.png
"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom